Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  What are your crafty/quilting goals for this week 6-7-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your crafty/quilting goals for this week 6-7-13 Sign In/Join 
posted
This is the weekly thread where we share our goal for the week, hoping we'll actually work on it! Goals can be simple or complicated, they're your goals.

My goal is to keep working on the baby cocoon, now that it's moving along.

How about you?

Holly

Posts: 2942 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of britgal
posted Hide Post
making more and more of these!

my etsy shop
cutiegirlie.etsy.com

Posts: 2137 | Registered: Jan 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
my goal is to find FQ's of country theme to make my daughter-in-law a country quilt. so i'm looking for cows, pigs, geese, goats, chicken, roosters , barn, farmhouse , tractors. so off to shopping on line. i'm gonna try ebay.

patsy

Posts: 3426 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I'm putting together a couple of lap quilts for Veterans in our nursing homes.

Posts: 4369 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I'm going to try and finish my sons' tablerunner for his birthday. I have until the 26th so I should be ok as far as time goes. Just have the binding to go. Then I need to start and finish a zipper pouch for my DIL for her birthday. Not sure I'll get that done her BD is on the 15th.

Posts: 7849 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawana
posted Hide Post
Some of my friends from my quilt quild and I (6 in total) agreed to make a particular wallhanging (redwork...but I'm doing mine in a brown). They are all done with theirs. I am not done with mine. Slowly but surely I'm getting there. So my goal this week is to get the last little block finished so that I can start getting it put together!! I might be wishing for too much...lol

Shawn

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

~ Live Well ~ Love Much ~ Laugh Often ~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srtrn/sets/

Posts: 3564 | Location: WV | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Working on binding a stack of quilts for Project Linus. Two done-have binding ready to sew together for #3. We'll see how many get done.

Karen

Posts: 608 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I want to finish quilting the large crib quilt I have on my machine. Also to recover the cushions that I have on our porch swing. They are very simple covers for the swing. I also need to get some closet doors painted so we can hang them.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3447 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my goals are the same to work on items for craft sale I am going on vacation this week for 10 days so I will have time to get a lot done

Posts: 536 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Susan-TN
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to get my May & June blocks done for the HGTV BOM. I haven't been sewing much for a few weeks since my mother passed away, so it will feel good to get out my sewing machine & put it to good use.

Happy Stitching All!
Susan

Posts: 637 | Location: East TN | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
I'm still hand quilting! Hope to get it finished before I need to start on making a few Christmas gifts.

Posts: 16571 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WA-BJ
posted Hide Post
Hi there, went back and checked my last week's goals and I met them - makes me feel good - finished up the top for the Irish Chain and got the backings done for the Coconut Chips - two of them - those two plus a king-sized one I had made for my DD#1 went off to the quilters - Now I am working on the 36 Irish Chain blocks I need to complete for the backing on my IC quilt. That will likely take me all week, so no further goals. Have a good week.

Love those purses, britgirl, so cute.

Posts: 748 | Location: Burlington,WA, | Registered: Aug 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post