This is the official sign up thread for the redwork swap with a twist. Here are the specifics of the swap -
- This swap is for hand embroidery only.
- Blocks are to be 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" unfinished.
- Blocks are to be stitched on BLACK Kona cotton.
- The theme for the blocks is Hearts.
- The blocks are to be more than just an outline of a heart - there is to be some design detail involved. Examples are hearts with flowers on the side, three hearts linked together surrounded by swirls, etc. (I will try to add some examples later).
- At the time you sign up, please let me know what color thread you want to use for your blocks and I will add your name next to the color on the list below. Once a color is taken, another swapper cannot pick that color. I have listed general colors below, you don't need to be specific about your color, if you pick blue, it is up to you to decide if you use light blue, dark blue, etc. (If I missed a color, let me know!)
- My guess is you will be making between 6 and 9 blocks. I won't have the final number until the sign ups end. If we get more than 9 swappers I will break it up into two groups.
- Sign ups will end December 31, 2012.
- Blocks are due to me by March 15, 2013.
- To sign up, let me know on this thread what color you want and send me a PM with your board name, real name, address and phone number. I will respond with my info.
White - Cr8tve1
Yellow - bjeannes
Red - tisme
Blue - bluesnail
Green - Handie Ann
Pink - Ely/Syssy
Purple - Quilter Jen
Gray - headielamar
Orange - Quiltaholic
White - Shawkl
Yellow - Chesapeake Jane
Red - alexemmarose
Blue - headielamar
Green - Ambher
Purple - kmouse
Gray - gemsq
Orange - bluesnail
Anything I forgot? Oh yeah - when you send me your blocks you will also need to send a self addressed envelope with enough postage or money to cover the postage. If you want delivery confirmation when I send the blocks back, please let me know and include enough to cover it.This message has been edited. Last edited by: headielamar,
ok, I am ready to play! I would like to do yellow. Will send a pm in a few minutes.
Wohoo! I will add you to the list bjeannes.
I will sign up and take purple
You are on the list. Please pm me with your info when you get a chance.
I did- let me know if you didn't receive it. This will be my winter break project to do after Christmas
I'm going to design my own, but is something like this what we are looking for? Or is this too busy?
I got your pm and that heart is perfect for this swap!
sent a PM, I took red
Got you on the list Quiltaholic. Thanks for posting the examples, I could not figure out how to do it. Love them all.
I will join you in doing this swap. I will take green.
I have ordered my black Kona, now to decide on a heart pattern. The ones posted here are fantastic and I would be glad to have any of them.
You are added to the list Handie Ann.
5 more days of work then Christmas... planning on at least cutting my fabric (that I need to go buy-- somehow I am almost out of black Kona) and starting mine.
Question- I have never done red work (just embroidery for myself)... typically, how many strands of floss do the lines of redwork use? 2? 4? all 6?
I usually use 2 strands of thread unless you are doing very heavy (use more) or very fine (use 1) work. Boy, that makes sense.......
That's what I normally do. This is the first time I am doing it for others, so I wanted to make sure I was in line
I do the same.
I WILL PLAY AND I WILL TAKE PINK
THOUSE HARDS ARE BEAUTIFUL
Ely - happy to have you - please send me a pm with your info.
We have room for more!
OK, I'm in. Sign me up for blue (of course!).
Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois
Is the white taken, if not I would like to sign up for it.
I would love to do this too - is there another color I could do, or a variagated maybe?
I said if we got more than 9 people to do the swap I would break it into two groups so pick a color and I will start a second group.
Anyone who is already signed up - if you want to do a second set, you can sign up for a second color.
I didn't think I would get nine people so I am very happy to see the great response to this swap!
Way cool - I'd love to do Green. Thanks bunches.
You are added to the list Ambher. Please send me your info.
Who else wants to join us?
Still room for more. Sign ups are open until 12/31.
Hooray! I have one block done...8 more to go.
Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois
I've started the first one and it's taking longer then I thought. Thanks goodness we have till March.
I need to get black Kona AND purple floss (don't have enough of any one shade).
Won't be until at least Wednesday. If this darn cough doesn't go away (averaging 3 hours of sleep a night), might be longer
Please sign me up! I would love red please!
bluesnail and Ambher - you are both ahead of me - I haven't even figured out my design yet.
Quilter Jen - I hope you feel better soon. That's not fun when you can't sleep on top of not feeling good.
Shawkl and alexemmarose - got you both on the list.
I would love to participate,stitched hearts are my favorite. Since the colors are limited, I choose a yellow-but a deep mustard colored yellow.Can't wait to get started. This should be fun!!
Chesapeake Jane - happy to have you join us. Any shade of yellow is good.
Can I still join ?
I will take the second purple.
Love this idea. Exactly what I need.
will send you a pm
"It is not our Abilities that show what we truly are but our choices."
"Live Well , Laugh Often , Love Much "
Absolutely kmouse - I will put you down for purple.
Sign ups are open until 12/31. We have room for three more players.
Q I STILL THE HEARD THAT SAID LOVE IT IS
KNOW TO GO AND GET THE BLACK CONA
Can we add beads to our hearts if the beads are the same color wave?
I am going to say no Ambher - the blocks should be strickly thread. Of course if people want to add beads after they get their blocks back, that is up to them.
...got my heart design downloaded...got my Kona ready...just need to see what floss I have and trace out my image...
I have never embroidered on black before... what is the easiest way to transfer a design? White chalk? White pencil? Something else?
|Powered by Social Strata||Page 1 2|