Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  the Quilt Maker's Shuffle - my take on it
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

the Quilt Maker's Shuffle - my take on it Sign In/Join 
Picture of ohsocrafty
posted
Thank you Gonesewin for starting the new craze....to me anyway. After watching the site you posted a couple of weeks ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_rc1q658Pg and then Elainetoo posted a video from the COF retreat https://www.facebook.com/photo...?v=10201468887027798 it got me thinking.

I am running a craft retreat next month with my church group and I'm going to teach it and 2 other craft aerobic exercises I have made up. We will do each movement 4 times each.

(1) Quilt Maker's "Shuffle" (Shuffle because we are so loaded up with our fabric bolts we can't walk very fast and can only shuffle our feet LOL!)
Steps are as follows:-
Driving, shopping, cutting, sewing, ripping, pressing, quilt it (with hissing steam sound), hand stitch, hang it up and all done.

(2) Card Maker's "Razzle Dazzle" (Razzle Dazzle because card makers like the glitter and glitz)
Walking (no need to have the car as less to carry), shopping, cutting, decorating (sprinkling with glitter etc) and Show and Tell, YAY!

(3) Beading "Ooh La La" (Ooh La La because once the earings and necklace are made you look in the mirror and admire yourself. LOL!
Shopping, Threading (threading the beads on the wire), picking up (all those dropped beads - bend down to floor one arm at a time), crimping, get dressed (pretend to put on 1 earing at a time and then the necklace), Look in the mirror (head forward as if you were looking into mirror...then place one hand on hip and wave other hand in the air saying Ooh La La! And swing your hips

Hope to get someone to video it on the retreat

Happy crafting

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ohsocrafty,

Posts: 94 | Location: Australia | Registered: Jul 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
sounds like fun Smile Can't wait to see the video!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5078 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
That sounds like so much fun. Are you going to have music?? Hope you find someone to video it. Have fun at your retreat.

Posts: 8059 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ohsocrafty
posted Hide Post
not sure what music to have yet. Any suggestions?

Posts: 94 | Location: Australia | Registered: Jul 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
You are so clever; sounds like fun.

Posts: 750 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
William Tell Overture, Swan Lake

Posts: 8059 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post