I love doing redwork and I would like to do a redwork swap, but not a normal redwork swap. Here is what I am thinking -
- The blocks would all have the same theme, say hearts, but each swapper would pick their design. We could show them ahead of time, or keep them secret.
- The blocks would be stitched on black Kona cotton, instead of the normal white.
- Each swapper would pick the color they want to stitch their blocks in so we would end up with a variety of colors, not just red. For example, if I picked blue, no one else could use blue and I would use the same blue in each of my blocks. If someone else picked red, no one else could use red. If someone else picked yellow, no one else could use yellow, etc., etc.
- Here are the general colors I came up with:
- If we could get a total of 9 swappers (8 plus me) we wouldn't have to be specific about which blue, or which yellow, we were using. If we get more swappers, we may have to be specific.
- I am thinking the blocks could be 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" unfinished. That would give a nice size area to work in and would allow you to put a border around each block before you put them together if you wanted to.
- Blocks would be due to me by, say, March 15th? Would that give everyone time?
Any one interested? If I get enough interest I will start an actual swap thread.
sounds like fun, I will keep watching for details
If we had 9 swappers, would we have to make 9 blocks? I will watch for details also, Just not sure if I could do 9 by March 15th.
I might be interested in playing according to what type heart we are discussing..
Will we be expected to use a heart design that is more than just the outline of a heart... you know like flowers growing up one side of the heart or other design possibilities.. The design possibilities would intrigue me..
But it should be everyone stitching more than just a heart outline.. if that were the case...
Just putting out feelers for what is expected...
Same here Q, I would not like to receive just an outline either.
Tisme - 9 would be the most you would need to complete. If we only get 6 swappers you would do 6. If we get more than 9 I will break it up into 2 groups.
Quiltaholic - Good point. I would expect people to do more than just the outline of a heart, but I wouldn't regulate how much more. Some kind of stylized heart - multiple hearts, heart with flowers on the side, in the middle, underneath, heart with swirls, etc.
Good to see some interest. Anyone else?
I might be interested, if the requirements were decided on soon so I can start them over winter brea.
It looks like there is enough interest to at least get a small swap together so I will start a sign up thread later today.
Headie are these to be done by hand or ME?
Handie Ann - by hand.
I have not been around for awhile due to illness and other life altering things.
If this swap stays simple. I am interested.
If it grows out of reason then no.
I would design my pattern.
|Powered by Social Strata|