Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Newest Quilt Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted
I made this for a blog hop and wanted to share it with you too. Smile

This is the first quilt I have made for myself in a very long time. I had my longarm moved to the upstairs bonus room and I wanted to quilt something that belonged to me first to be sure the tensions had not been messed up while it was being handled. All was good... and now I have a ton of light to see to quilt by!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25643 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
close up

Posts: 25643 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
another

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
This is a pattern by Deb levy.

http://www.deborahlevyart.net/

Vicki Welsh hand dyed the background fabric and they collaborate and sell them as kits.

http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!!!

Posts: 306 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I love the variegated background also, doesn't it feel good to finally have a project you keep for yourself!

Posts: 3230 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Beautiful.

Posts: 7981 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Beautiful - love the bright colors

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Very pretty T

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
Fabulous! I love that you quilted feathers on the wing.

Posts: 6472 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Love it so pretty

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 865 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Lovely quilt - beautiful job on the quilt.
amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Quiltaholic, you've done a great job. It's nice to have a quilt that you get to keep too. Enjoy that new spot for your machine. Smile

Posts: 3524 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Super Awesome!

Posts: 395 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Yay ! Something for yourself Smile
Its very pretty and the quilting is awesome, glad to hear nothing changed moving your machine

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful quilt, and beautiful quilting. Enjoy your new space!

Brandy
~There are pawprints on my heart.~
www.prairiepawsrescue.com

Posts: 5094 | Location: North Dakota! | Registered: Jul 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Very Nice !

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Love it!!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4558 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Love the pattern and the quilting. Ya done good.TFS with us.

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!! Would look really great in my sewing room......

Posts: 6442 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
That's beautiful, but then I knew it would be when I clicked on the message! The quilted feathers on the wing are gorgeous, and the background quilting is a perfect complement to those bright colors.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6526 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Beautiful piece of artwork and so peaceful!

Posts: 630 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Beautiful!

Posts: 3673 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 16472 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow! Beautiful!

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5696 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pinecone476
posted Hide Post
Q, that is stunning. Glad you get to keep it and the machine was ready to go in your new space.

piney

Posts: 3103 | Location: New England, U.S.A. | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
one word WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 3406 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post