Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Ann in OR - What is a Tent Bag?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ann in OR - What is a Tent Bag? Sign In/Join 
Picture of San
posted
Ann in OR, in a different thread you mentioned making a tent bag using a 17" pizza pan for a pattern..

can we see a picture?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: San,

Hugs, Waves, Smiles, & Prayers

God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..

San

Posts: 4219 | Location: OR | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
quote:
making a tent bag using a 17" pizza pan for a pattern

My guess would be: a bag to keep the tent parts in?

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Curious minds want to know????

Posts: 8109 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of San
posted Hide Post
ttt

God bless you all and may sunshine always be in your lives to brighten your days..

San

Posts: 4219 | Location: OR | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of michelle1538
posted Hide Post
yep it is a bag that you keep a tent in.....you need to roll up your tent...the poles usually go in the middle of the roll.....then meansure how long that roll is. Using a pizza pan as the pattern for the bottom you would use this formula to figure out how much fabric you need to make the tube to attach to the pizza pan bottom......3.14 x diameter....or pi times diameter. Don't forget to add enough to the tube to make the casing and the pull sometimes people will add and additional circle just inside the where the casing goes to keep the poles from falling out.....to this you can make 2 more pizza pie pieces and sew them together and turn them right side out and tack just inside the back with about and inch or two stitch. so it ends up looking like a laundry bag... I have made them form sleeping bags too.
Use a sturdy fabric and I have even sewed a nylon strap to the side with reinforcements so it is easier to carry.

That's my take on it.

Posts: 1741 | Location: livin in the mitten | Registered: Mar 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ann in OR
posted Hide Post
michelle1538 .... yep she pretty much answered it. TY

DD ordered some tent canopies for the home school school she works at, but they did not come with carrying bags and I got the ...'mom could you make?'...

As Michelle said ... I had to use that darn math (and hubbies help, the math wizard) I had 50" divide by pi (3.14) = 15.92 , plus seam allowance came up with (almost) 17" THE SIZE OF MY PIZZA PAN! Wink I sure helped, instead of trying to draw a 17" circle on slippery nylon, just traced around the pan.

I made two draw string bags (laundry style)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." -Confucius
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Posts: 1313 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Thanks for solving the "mystery" and for the math advice. Wondered what you needed a pizza pan for. LOL

Posts: 8109 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of San
posted Hide Post
thank you for reply..

i kept thinking you came up with a new style of bag/tote/purse.. was wondering what it looked like and sounded neat..

understand the tent bag now.. good idea to make your own to fit your needs..

i will have to think about a way to design a tent-a-bag.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: San,

San