Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Cosmo embroidery thread
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cosmo embroidery thread Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltingnewbie2
posted
Has anyone used this and what is your opinion compared to DMC floss ?

Also having a hard time finding it on line...does anyone have a source I could try ?

Posts: 1147 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
If I am not mistaken, I think that thread is used for Brazilan embroidery projects. It is quite expensive, but you can find it on line. I have never seen it in the cross- stitch stores I go to.
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
Try www.ohsewretro.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TerryOH,

TerryOH

Posts: 2417 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilting wifey
posted Hide Post
I have some and like it. It separates (on command) easily without a lot of twisting, it doesn't do a lot of twisting during stitching and doesn't fray as quickly. There is a fine understated sheen to it more than what DMC has.

My quilt shop of choice carries it. Her charge is about 1.10. I am working to replace my old stuff with the Cosmo. It is worth getting a few colors and trying them out before you change the whole line.

If you would like me to, contact me and we can work something out so you can try a couple. Or check out All in Stitches, Zumbrota, MN That is where I get mine. When I was looking to find it most shops had it only to use with their classes of a particular design.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quilting wifey,

Madelyn

Posts: 6158 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Jan 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
This is interesting to me. I had mass quantities of DMC carefully organized and it has disappeared. I'm slowly replacing it. I have used some Cosmos and I found it similar to DMC. It's all several LQS here carry. I'll try to do a more careful comparison in a couple of days.

Posts: 814 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewandsew
posted Hide Post
I have used it and it is great. It has a bit of a slick (not the right word) feeling and does not tangle. I got some at a quilt shop and some at Crabapple hill studio (online). I used it for a pattern from Crapple Hill, but like most of us I have lots of DMC. I went online and got a conversion chart--Cosmo to DMC--and used most of my stash. At this time in my life, I am not about to switch brands with the stock I have.

Posts: 588 | Location: Home | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post