Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ♥♥ ♫♫♪ HGTV 2013 BOM ♪♫♫ ~ APRIL Block! ♥♥
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

♥♥ ♫♫♪ HGTV 2013 BOM ♪♫♫ ~ APRIL Block! ♥♥ Sign In/Join 
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
CONGRATS: alexemmarose and CQWannabe

Posts: 7988 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilthappy69
posted Hide Post
congratulations lady.

formily Becky from NY

Posts: 57 | Location: Clayton NC | Registered: Mar 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you. I printed out the pattern but, life had me running around like a chicken yesterday so I didn't get to sew. Your blocks are really pretty.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Congrats ladies!!!

Posts: 4800 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Congrats ladies! Nice blocks so far everyone! I am on Spring Break this week so I hope to get mine finished. I have it all cut out.

Posts: 1994 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
MountainLaurel, your block is lovely...so precise looking in the piecing!

I would like to thank the Chickies for offering prizes monthly in the drawings...what a fun thing for all of us and so nice of you to do!

Thank you to SavedSinner's DH for drawing my name for March! Fun, fun!

Posts: 3408 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Alexmmarose and CQwannabe. It is fun to get a surprise in the mail. I have to get going and start my block, Just talked to Sue and she is working on hers this afternoon. Don't want her to be tooo far ahead of me.LOL

Posts: 7842 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies. And congrats go out to the two winners too!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2300 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great blocks are being shown. Love the different colors. Congrat's to the winners of the FQ's. I have completed my block. I am still using Stonehenge fabric. Sue

Posts: 1491 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sister Sue, another lovely block! I do love your Stonehenge fabbies...are you using different colors of them in all of your blocks or will you have to double up on some of the colors? I am really trying to use only stash these days in my projects...have soooo much of it...but these Stonehenge fabbies are really delicious....may have to treat myself one of these days...

Posts: 3408 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I got my block done, but not without my friend the seam ripper. I couldn't figure out where to put the other 2 5 1/4 inch squares. Then I put the pinwheel together and had to rip it out because it wasn't quite right. But I got it figured out.

Posts: 7842 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Alex, that Stonehenge is a dream to work with. I've been helping Sue with it for quite a while and I love Love how nice it is to work with. I didn't help her with this block. She did it by herself.

Picture of Northern Nana
posted Hide Post
Am really liking everybody's blocks, so different!! Congrats to the winners of last month's prizes.

Posts: 122 | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
got her done

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alex, thank you for the compliments. I think each of my blocks will be different. I have a bucket full of different Stonehenge and hopefully I will have enough to make all the blocks different. J Lu, love your red combination. Patty, your blues look great together. Great job done by all who have completed their block. Sue

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sister sue,

Posts: 1491 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Pretty

Posts: 410 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great blocks already! Kind of cool- the alphabet block of the month is also pinwheel based. Have a cold, so may not get to my block this week, but I might work on redrafting it (I am making mine 9" finished since I hand quilt and have TONS of unfinished tops due to their large size)

Posts: 1648 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
J lu, patty and sue... Love your blocks! The colors in each are wonderful. I like seeing the different placement of colors or shades.
I haven't started my block yet... will probably be next week before I get to it.

Posts: 2242 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my April block. All the blocks are looking good.

Posts: 530 | Location: Great Falls, MT | Registered: Apr 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
STinMT, That is a cute block. looks like you didn't have trouble with it at all.
Jlu, Your red/white block is so cool Looks like that would be one the JRD would make with that circle fabric.LOL Keep an eye on it she come calling and sneak it away. LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty j,

Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Here is my April block. This quilt will be totally scrappy. Smile

Posts: 1994 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
STinMT I love the colors in your block! Very cheerful!
Chlynn, because shades and tones in your block! I like them very much!
We've seen so many beautiful blocks so far. I finished mine today. Just my opinion... I thought it was a hard block!! So many pieces!
My friend WQFC will be along soon to post my block for me... thank you for doing it!

Posts: 2242 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chlynn and STinMT- nice blocks with great color. We sure have seen some great blocks this month. Way to go. Sue

Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Here's Malou's block. I haven't even started mine, but I like hers a lot. Might might end up looking similar!

Posts: 4800 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
Malou, I like that layout.....it makes the block look so different from the original color pattern.

posted Hide Post
Thank you! Have to be honest... my DH decided on color placement! My other blocks have two blues and a reddish color plus the background and I wanted to keep to that color palette. I was trying to decide where different colors should go, he's the artist in the family and came up with how it looks. I like it too and it goes well with the other three.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Nice color and design choices. I have the pattern printed, that's as far as I got.

Posts: 7988 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malou, great block, using R/W/B. Sue

posted Hide Post
Wow! Ladies! Great blocks are being made! Looking forward to seeing all of these great quilts at the end of the BOM.

posted Hide Post
I LOVE all the differences chosen in the fabrics ... these are some GOOD lookin blocks! Smile

Alexemmarose ~ will get your FQ out to you this week Smile

CQWANNABE ~ I still need your address... check your PMs Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good Morning I love the blocks, but i would like to have a list of 2012 blocks after looking at the finish quilt. TU

Posts: 78 | Location: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SavedSinner, so sweet of you! No hurry or pressure of any kind!

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
HEY ... MARCH FINISHERS ... CONGRATS TO ALL THE QUILTERS WHO FINISHED UP THEIR BLOCKS FOR MARCH !!!

I had DHoney pick two names ... CONGRATS TO THE 2 WINNERS ~

alexemmarose Big Grin
CQWannabe Big Grin

Please PM me your address and I'll get your FQs in the mail Smile[/quote]

THANK YOU!!!! Congratulations to all the March finishers! I've been MIA - working way too much and not sewing

SavedSinnr, sent you a PM.

Love all of the April blocks, thinking I'll get to mine the last weekend of the month. Ok, back to work....

Posts: 2677 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Well I cut out my block only to find out after I had it almost finish that it was way to big. Not a case of just triming the block down so now I have to take it all apart and resew it. Now I'm glad that I have a power seam ripper. It zips the blocks apart in seconds. Hope fully I will get to it today.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3445 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I have my April blocks done.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3445 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Beautiful

Posts: 410 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Handie- pretty blocks. Are you doing two sets for each month??? Should make beautiful quilts at the end of the year. Sue

posted Hide Post
Handie, two beautiful blocks! I like them. You are ambitious making two each month! I'm always happy when I get my one done!!

posted Hide Post
Handi, lovely blocks! These will be gorgeous quilts!

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Love your blocks Handie, you are gonna have 2 nice quilts done by the end of the year...I'll be anxious to see if you use the same chain blocks or different for each quilt Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Nice blocks, I have to get going on mine, we are burning April!

Posts: 399 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Finished my April block, still need to make surprise blocks.

Posts: 2677 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Northern Nana
posted Hide Post
Here's mine

Posts: 122 | Registered: May 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Everyone's blocks are looking great, as always.

I thought I'd share with you what I did this morning.

Only 11 1/2 to go to make a wallhanging.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1714 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous blocks ladies Smile Going to start mine in just a few minutes as soon as I get off this computer Razz

Sew Happy...you go lady!!! Love it!!! You are onto something beautiful...is it as tedious as it looks?

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Sew Happy, you are ambitious. Looks like it will be beautiful.
Loving everyones blocks this month.
Finished mine but I'm still not sure I like it.
Feels like to much gold, but I am doing birthstones so it needs a gold "setting". Just not sure it will work so well with the others.

Posts: 485 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
So far everyones blocks are looking good. I thought that I would post Chickies April block, or my virsion of her block.

Handie Ann

Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Way to go HandieAnn!!!
It's really an easy block just have to make sure you get the colors in the right places. What took the longest was cutting the strips.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1714 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nana, love the rich colors in your block. Very nice and I do like how the darker colors play with the light.
Patricia Ann, very pretty and I think the gold looks good and the block looks like "diamond" to me!

Wow! Sew Happy & Handie... you tried that block! Very nice, both of them! The colors you both used are good... will you make more?

We've seen some beautiful blocks and I do like seeing all the color combinations and how they can make the block look different depending on the position.
The month is rolling along! Hope we get our 20+ finishers!

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Sew Happy, I did my block by paper piceing. The worse part of the block was picking all the paper off of it.
Malou, no I don't think that I will make more of it.

Handie Ann