Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  ♥♥ ♫♫♪ HGTV 2013 BOM ♪♫♫ ~ APRIL Block! ♥♥
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

♥♥ ♫♫♪ HGTV 2013 BOM ♪♫♫ ~ APRIL Block! ♥♥ Sign In/Join 
Picture of BOMchicks
posted
WELCOME TO THE 2013 HGTV FORUM APRIL BLOCK OF THE MONTH! Wave

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The theme this year is Secrets Shhh
SavedSinnr (chicky) and CBQ (the crazy one) Wink are 'egg'-cited and thrilled to be working with you on the BOM this year! Smile

A Bit of Background......

*ALL board members are welcome to join us! There is no commitment or sign-up. Just join in the fun by posting on this thread.

*You are not swapping, exchanging or anything else, just make the block we post on the first of each month; show us a photo of your work, and be entered into a drawing for a wonderful prize.

* Each month, we will be doing a block from Quilter's Cache.

* In the intro post, found hereintro post
we explained the extra blocks needed to make a larger quilt. These blocks are totally optional and secret! We will remind you each month to make your secret block.

Credit: Marcia Hohn has graciously said we can use blocks from The Quilter's Cache again this year. Please read her Terms and Conditions at: http://www.quilterscache.com/. And follow the below guideline. "Should photographs of items made from Original designs be posted on your group website, they should also be clearly marked with the name of the pattern As I have it named, and that it is from The Quilter's Cache/Marcia Hohn." (Since you'll post your pictures in this thread, you will be covered by that statement.)

This year we will again challenge you to stretch your skills, ideas and creativity, while sewing and even trying new block patterns as well as methods. We are here to help! Use this thread to post your questions, problems anything related to the BOM~ and we will try to answer them for you.

SEW .... with no further scratching... here's the APRIL BLOCK ~~

Additional Notes~
We will be posting the instructions in the morning ... it's time for me to hit the roost... Enjoy! And we are looking forward to what you do with this one Smile

April Finishers...

alexemmarose
quilthappy69
MountainLaurel
Sister Sue
Patty j
J Lu
STinMT
Chlynn1129
Malou
Handie Ann
CQwannabe
Northern Nana
PatriciaAnne
stillsuzzz
Shauna's crafty qltr
Meme quilts
RN55
Will Quilt For Choc
Quilter Jen

Did I miss anyone so far????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BOMchicks,

HGTV BOM! I'm SEW 'EGG'-cited!!

Posts: 368 | Registered: Jan 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOMchicks
posted Hide Post
COME ALONG AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO POST THOSE PICS WE LOVE PICS!
Cool

If you have trouble posting pictures, or have a challenge with resizing them to post, you can SEND THEM TO ONE OF US VIA EMAIL, and we will BE HAPPY to resize them and post for you !!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MARCH FINISHERS !!

1. Becky from NY Smile
2. Sister Sue Smile
3. PatriciaAnne Smile
4. Patty J Smile
5. Quilter Jen Smile
6. MountainLaurel Smile
7. J Lu Smile
8. meme quilts Smile
9. stillsuzz Smile
10. Elainetoo Smile
11. alexemmarose Smile
12. Handie Ann Smile
13. Susan-TN Smile
14. northern nana Smile
15. STinMT Smile
16. Chlynn 1129 Smile
17. Will Quilt for Chocolate Smile
18. Malou Smile
19. Anael 7621 Smile
20. RN 55 Smile
21. Headielamar Smile
22. CQWannabe Smile
23. Kentucky Sunshine Smile

** Did we miss anyone? **

Star Star Star Star Star Star Star Star

THANKS FOR THE APRIL FOOLS FUN .... But it's time to unruffle your feathers ... HERE'S THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR APRIL BLOCK Wave

Housewife

Additional Notes~

COME ALONG AND HAVE SOME FUN!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO POST THOSE PICS WE LOVE PICS!
Cool

If you have trouble posting pictures, or have a challenge with resizing them to post, you can SEND THEM TO ONE OF US VIA EMAIL, and we will BE HAPPY to resize them and post for you !!!

Star Star Star Star Star Star Star Star

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BOMchicks,

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhhhh, aren't you just hilarious Razz

You'll be cackling so hard tonight chicky that you will fall off your roost with this one!

You've had too many peeps...I agree with Melissa!

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
QUESTION: If a BOMchick eats PEEPS, does that really make her a cannibal? LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
SS, nice avatar Big Grin I won't answer your question :P

This block will be very interesting to do with only 4 fabrics!!

Posts: 1101 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hah...OK...you...that's NOT the block I saw a bit ago Razz...lol, I might have preferred the other one to this one Razz

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7023 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stillsuzzz
posted Hide Post
Oh dear......lol

Posts: 399 | Location: Shapleigh, Maine | Registered: Jul 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilthappy69
posted Hide Post
I can't seem to get the link to work. Do I need to search Quilters Cache for the pattern?

formily Becky from NY

Posts: 57 | Location: Clayton NC | Registered: Mar 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilthappy69
posted Hide Post
ok I get it April fools day is today.You got me.

formily Becky from NY

Posts: 57 | Location: Clayton NC | Registered: Mar 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL...there isn't a link as of yet...and I do think the chicken lady is messing with us,but we shall see when she hops off her perch, and makes her way into the henhouse...

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2677 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well I did buy the book. I might as well try out the at least one block.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Saw this was posted earlier, so back from
Curves ready to print. Hah! Had me there for a minute... Good April Fools joke. (At least I'm certainly hoping.. since there's no link!).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elainetoo,

Posts: 7993 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
It is a beautiful block, but I am hoping it is an April Fool's.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2301 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Ha! Ha! You got me with that one. I took one look at that and said: "I quit!"

Posts: 4801 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK OK .... y'all got me Smile

APRIL FOOLS !!! Sorry, couldn't pass it up, with all the talk about how good I've been, and y'all were saying you expected it Big Grin

OK, so now I'll have that ornery chick post the real block Big Grin

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOMchicks
posted Hide Post
ok for all you good humored gals ... the REAL block is now posted Big Grin

posted Hide Post
When I saw that first block my thoughts were the same as WQFC.... Not for me!!

You bratty chicks! Giving us a scare like that! Whew!

Good April Fool's joke on us!! LOL!

Posts: 2244 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Much better thank you...I was about to fry us upsome chicken Razz or hmmmmm make some chicken and dumplings Wink lol

Good one...now to ponder on fabrics for this block

posted Hide Post
If you could have heard my cry of shock at the block posted...!!! You naughty little chickie!!

Still sitting here smiling as I type...thanks for the April Fool's joke!

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I just knew that you have been too good so far this year. A real eye opener, Just wish I had booted up the computer while Sue was here. She would have freaked out, Sure made my eyes widen. Nice joke for today. Thanks for the smile. Pat
Now to go look at the real block.

Posts: 7849 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
I was really thinking that first block could take more than a month to make, IF I could do it. It is a pretty block though. I now have the correct pattern printed and hope to start on it soon.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2826 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOMchicks
posted Hide Post
YIKES! Eek Chicky was so giggly still off the Peeps, that she forgot to post another block! Eek

So for the Crazy chick ... Big Grin

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
This one looks more like it Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 1101 | Location: Europe (The Netherlands) | Registered: Jan 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I checked last night before I went to bed and there was a different block posted. I knew you were just having fun with us! Can't wait to get started on this block.

Posts: 2786 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I had just said to Mom "Don't get caught by any April Fools Jokes" Then nearly had a heart attack when I saw that first block! You got me!
My first thought was "WHAT am I going to do to make that look like a diamond?"
So glad it is a different block. Not that I don't like the first block, I do, just don't think it will work for this month for me.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
LOL that Peep with the sugar rush Chicky got some of you! Big Grin Have a happy day!!

Posts: 10448 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
I knew the first block was probably an April Fools BUT really I would like to try that one.

Don't throw stuff at me please!!!

So chicky, if you really have a pattern for it I'd be interested. I'm guessing it is paper pieced, would love to see a whole quilt with it.

the real block is nice too, will be looking forward to seeing everyones color choices.

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1714 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WooHoo! Just spent time and stitched this puppy up! For the life of me, I really don't know how traditional quilters think this is fun to make entire quilts of these precisely pieced blocks!! My shoulders are tense and head hurts but my block is finished and I am happy! Love these BOMs...I am learning a lot and only have one block at a time...not so overwhelming! Thank you all for your wonderful inspiration with colors and piecing. You have no idea how much it helps me!

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW, really love your block alex, you are going to have one gorgeous Christmas quilt... hoping to get to mine soon...so I can mark it off my list of things to do...I was cutting it mighty thin for the March block!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well your the second April fools joke that got me. My son got me earlier. I'm so glad we aren't stringing the next block I was having day mares just tying to think of which colors to use. Since I'm only using 3 colors in my blocks I guess I'm safe. Thanks for keeping us on our toes there Chicky.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chlynn1129
posted Hide Post
LOL! I have to agree with Patty; I kind of wanted to do the first one! Smile It is awesome!

I like the "real" one too!

Posts: 1997 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: Dec 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sew Happy:
I knew the first block was probably an April Fools BUT really I would like to try that one.

Don't throw stuff at me please!!!

So chicky, if you really have a pattern for it I'd be interested. I'm guessing it is paper pieced, would love to see a whole quilt with it.

the real block is nice too, will be looking forward to seeing everyones color choices.

Well well, Patty Patty ... you won't believe, but I found the pattern Smile

So if you go to CRAFTSY HERE you should be able to download it ... but I think you have to be a member, but it's free Smile

I found it on Pinterest and then followed the links ... now you make sure to Cool POST YOUR PICS Cool

Now ... should we make a challenge out of this? Do we want to get a new thread going with a new month's challenge??? Could be fun Smile

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
I downloaded the Scrappy Attack Block from Craftsy Smile Don't say I'm going to make it in the near future though! But it sure is a great way to get rid of some scraps.

Picture of CQwannabe
posted Hide Post
Colleen, very pretty Christmas block. I downloaded ths scrapy block pattern looks interesting.

Posts: 2677 | Location: Libertyville IL | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not been on the computer for several days and Patty J told me about the block when we went to the YMCA yesterday. But she did not say April Fools. Bright colors in the block, but I do not think I could do this one. LOL Like the real BOM and will print out directions for it. Alex, way to be first in line to get your's done . Love it. Sue

Posts: 1494 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for finding the pattern and sharing. I have it printed, it will be fun to figure out what colors to use and find them in my many boxes of scraps.

P.S. I did notice that it was rated: Beginer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sew Happy,

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1714 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'm one of the crazy ones. I printed out the pattern for the Scrap Attack block. It has 76 pieces of fabric in a block! It will be on my bucket list.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2826 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I added the Scrap Attack to my "album" with craftsy, is on my bucket list too. I want to start working on the blocks to actually do this BOM, soon as to not get too far behind!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colleen, Love your Christmas fabrics and your block looks so good how you placed the colors! You're the first one done! Good for you!

I did not print off that crazy block! I'm pretty sure I would never attempt it! It's pretty and if any of you do try it, please share!

Posts: 2244 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Love the Christmas block!

As far as the other block goes, its pretty! BUT, I think it's one that needs to be with about 8 of the same in order to see the secondary pattern it makes! I am not up to that!

Posts: 4801 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilthappy69
posted Hide Post
Finished mine this afternoon. Like the Christmas block and I believe if it had different colors I would have liked to make the first one posted.

formily Becky from NY

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Quilthappy- love your color combination. Nice job. I have my colors picked out and the pattern printed. Will do it this week. Sue

Posts: 1494 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Here is my April block.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2301 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn and quilthappy... I like both of your blocks! Seeing how others do theirs, where they place colors, sure helps me decide with my block. I hope to work on it this weekend.

posted Hide Post
I'm loving seeing all the blocks... it still amazes me that one block with different fabrics can look so very different! Smile

posted Hide Post
HEY ... MARCH FINISHERS ... CONGRATS TO ALL THE QUILTERS WHO FINISHED UP THEIR BLOCKS FOR MARCH !!!

I had DHoney pick two names ... CONGRATS TO THE 2 WINNERS ~

alexemmarose Big Grin
CQWannabe Big Grin

Please PM me your address and I'll get your FQs in the mail Smile

posted Hide Post
Congratulations ladies!

Loving all the blocks...I look at this one and think my blockin the red and whites will certainly resemble a peppermint twist Big Grin

Picture of Anael7621
posted Hide Post
Congrats ladies! Enjoy what you're getting Big Grin

Love the finished blocks, you're all so fast! I still have to print the instructions but not today.