Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew & tell 7-27-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew & tell 7-27-13 Sign In/Join 
posted
Sew & Tell is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you've finished, what you're working on- we'll cheer you on!

I'm still in Mill Creek, Wa. Baby Amaryllis will be a week old tomorrow, and is cuter by the day. No craftiness going on, I'm taking care of DD, with her DH's help, so she can rest and care for Ammy.

So what are you working on?

Posts: 2934 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wish I was, but is it ok to post past projects? New at this....

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
Puggsley, I would be glad to see whatever you post!

I made a baby quilt this past week for a friend's daughter who is due in September.

Posts: 1382 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
elsie123,
What a cut baby quilt! I have the western kids on the fence fabric and haven't used it yet.

Puggsley, I'll echo Elsie, love to see some of your quilts. Smile

I just finished quilting this QOV for my dad. (Rulers and Free motion) Still needs the binding, but I couldn't wait any longer to show you. I'll put a few more photos on my blog.

Posts: 3529 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, Kim, that quilt is gorgeous!!! Who knew it would turn into such a work of art and LOVE!!

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6223 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That quilt was beautiful before you quilted it. Now it is spectacular! Your Dad will be so happy to have something so beautiful

Posts: 1028 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Seeingstars, the quilting is outstanding. Just Beautiful!
Elsie, Cute fabric. DD just announced that she is having a boy in November so I have all the books and magazines out looking for ideas. Glad you showed this one.

I finally entered my first quilt show. I did not will a prize but both quilts looked good hanging at our museum.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3120 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
This is my latest quilt I started working on it last year and cut the fabric wrong and gave up for a while then found enough fabric to finish it.
The other one I entered was the red white and blue that I showed y'all on memorial day.

Erma

Posts: 3120 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Great quilt Erma! Congrats on the upcoming baby! Does that mean you'll be making more trips my way?!!

SeeingStars, you quilt is great! The colors are beautiful and the quilting is outstanding!

Elsie - That is a great baby quilt! A lot of fun fabrics in that one!

Puggsley - post away!!! We love pictures!

Posts: 4792 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
WQFC, you bet! Especially after he arrives.

Puggsley, we never turn away pictures please share.

Erma

Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
SeeingStars, your quilting is absolutely beautiful!!!

HappyErme, I've seen that pattern and have wanted to try it. Your quilt makes me want to make one even more because it looks so nice.

The baby quilt is cute. Someone is gonna love it!

I've done some sewing this week but didn't finish anything. I helped with some tops that will eventually get quilted for the residents of a local veteran's home. I also worked on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt that is in Quiltmaker magazine. It will probably be a while before I can finish piecing it because the next couple of weeks are really busy for me.

The best part of my sewing this week was finishing the applique on DGD's quilt. It still needs borders and then I will hand quilt it and probably give it to her for a wedding gift. No engagement yet but I won't be surprised if that is announced soon.

Posts: 6472 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JudyTX
posted Hide Post
The polka dot explosion top is finally finished and off to the quilter.

Posts: 2485 | Location: EastTX | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This quilt/afghan is for my brother who turns 75 next weekend. He has always farmed with John Deere and has an antique JD tractor.

Wanda

Posts: 1729 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
I finished this little quilt for AAQI. I named it "The Finale" since I'm not sure I have enough time to make one more before the Thursday deadline. I did come up with a relatively simple design and will give it a try.....

Martha

Posts: 6994 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
wanda, your brother will Love your thoughtful quilt. Looks like it will keep him warm this winter.
Bozie, another fantastic mini. So beautiful. Are they quitting selling the minis?? What will you do with all your talents and time??
Don't you just love this thread for showing off our creations??
Happy Erme, your quilt looks great that you entered. Now that you have taken the first step, you can plan for entering another one. Good luck with it.
Elsie that will be a very nice baby quilt, keep baby warm
SeeingStars, Bet your dad will love your quilt, the quilting is beautiful on it. great job.
JudyTX. your Polka Dot explo sion is a beauty.

Posts: 7835 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I'm working on 2 quilts at this time. I have just the binding to finish on one quilt and I'm working on the blocks for the other quilt. I will be able to show the first one by next Friday. They are both for two of my DGD's.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3443 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● My sewing days have been limited to the weekends lately. I sure wish I could play during the week, but the new job isn't allowing it right now. Hopefully today, I'll be able to make something.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9624 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Finished an EPP Wallhanging

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 697 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I showed my baby quilt on the message board, but I will show it here, too.

Gave it to my daughter-in-law last weekend for her baby shower.

Quiltmaker

Posts: 1155 | Registered: Mar 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lovely quilts from everyone. Everyone has been so busy. Hard to choose a favorite. Great work.

Quiltmaker

Posts: 1155 | Registered: Mar 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Are they quitting selling the minis??

2013 is to be the last year of fundraising for AAQI. August 1 is the last day to register new quilts with them. Online sales and auctions will continue until the end of December. They also will again be seling quilts at IQF in Houston in November.

Martha

Posts: 6994 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work everyone. There is so much talent on showSmile

Posts: 310 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Neat items everyone. Here is what I have been unsewing on for sever waaks. Top for QWL and I have made the matching black binding to go with it since it was the size I needed and couldn't put a border on it or it would have been too large... Chris

Posts: 5864 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● It's been a productive day. Finished this throw today. Just in time for the MDA Event.

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9624 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if I want one of Bozie's masterpieces, I guess I better trot on over to the auction site and get on it. I love them all, of course, but am a bit partial to some of them. Like this one.

Posts: 6223 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Good luck with that FFG! Wink AAQI seems to snag Bozie's beauties for the auction, rather than for the Quilts for Sale page. Last month one of the 3 that they had in the auction (the one I wanted) went for $400! She brought in $900 with her 3 quilts & bidding gets fast & furious right at the end Big Grin

This one really is a beauty Bozie Smile

Lots of other really nice work this week- SeeingStars I especially like yours!

I've just been working on blocks for Sunshine Quilters & some for a birthday swap I'm doing with friends.

Posts: 4575 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
As always, just gorgeous work, ladies.

I actually have something to contribute this week. I've been steadily practicing my applique and have managed to finish two of the Aunt Millie's Garden blocks. I thought this would be a good practice quilt. None of the pieces are too small and it uses up more of my scraps.

I don't know how to post two pictures in one post, so I have to make two

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 3996 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
And the other.

Took these pictures with my phone, but for me, they are pretty good.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 3996 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So many beautiful items. I enjoy seeing them.

Posts: 652 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lynn, what beautiful applique!!!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I finished this quilt top. The blocks are from a BOM program at my LQS and I put it together using the BQ2 pattern which I really like.

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
katiemedarlin--those are practice blocks? they are so beautiful. How many in the quilt? Can't wait to see more.Do you do those in a hoop or just holding in your hand?

Wanda

Posts: 1729 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
There are 12 in the quilt. I've been just holding them in my hand. If I used the hoop (which I tried), I couldn't get the stitches small enough. So I did cut each one 1/2" bigger just to make sure they would finish out at the right size. They are cute, though, aren't they? Kinda funky.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Wow! All the quilts (and quilt blocks!) are great! Last week I finished a wall hanging (15x21) for a friend's birthday. He celebrated his 50th birthday, and the party theme was black and white. It was my first time working with B&Ws, and I have to admit, I really enjoyed it! I'm definitely thinking about doing a bigger quilt with B&W... and probably some pink too!

Carpe Diem

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Worker bees did a great job on all their projects. Wonderful eye candy for the rest of us.
amiko

Posts: 367 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post