Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Anyone Going to Sisters Quilt Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone Going to Sisters Quilt Show Sign In/Join 
Picture of headielamar
posted
The Sisters Quilt show is the second saturday in July. Anyone going? My Mom and I will be going to see all the beautiful quilts and would love to meet up with anyone else who is going for lunch. Let me know and we can set up a spot to meet.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I'm unable to go this year. Several from my local quilt group are going. They are riding the Fabric Depot bus. I hope you have fun!!!

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
I'm not going either and have never been, but I hope to one day.

I just finished quilting a quilt a couple of weeks ago for a lady that had her quilt selected to show at Sisters. It turned out so well and it's a beautiful quilt. It's block with piecing that looks like big roses in the middle. Please look for it. I wish I had a picture of the finished quilt. It's called 'The Mother Daughter Quilt'. If you see it let me know what you think. The story behind the quilt is heart warming. The lady I quilted it for and her sisters will be there. Can you tell, I'm really excited for her.

Marj

Posts: 282 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I will definitely look for that quilt.

Posts: 2771 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to convince hubby that i need to go down this year. Smile I'll have to let you know as the date gets closer.

Posts: 10445 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
I am hoping to go next year. It will be a journey from NY. Where can I find out more about the show and the area? I'd like to tie it in with something else .

Posts: 3281 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Joyce
posted Hide Post
I won't be going, but I've attended before, and it is a wonderful show. It's nice if you can go a day early and see Sisters quilt shop. On the day of the show it is the busiest place in the state of Oregon.

I hope the weather is nice for you, be sure to were sunscreen, it does get very hot and bright.

Posts: 917 | Location: Washington | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Good Morning, Lisa--Wish I could make it this year, but today is our last day for our quilt show and then the Sandy Mtn Festival is the same week end as Sister's and I raised my hand (am I EVER going to learn LOL??) to help sell tickets for our raffle quilt there.
Been hoping to get together with you to hear all about the retreat!!!
Today (Saturday) our quilt show is from 10 to 4 in case you are out and about. I'll be there all day (somewhere)so if you do make it, someone will know where to find me !!!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1014 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I'm driving up from California. I have a friend in LaPine I'm staying with. Not sure what she has planned but maybe we can meet up!

"Inside every Girl Gone Wild is a quilt loving grandma waiting to come out" - Gabriel Rutledge

Posts: 498 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
The heat had me down so I didn't get on the computer much over the weekend. Sorry we missed the show Pegsami. I will keep a eye on this as it closer.

MissMommy - the website is www.sistersoutdoorquiltshow.org/index.htm

If you plan on staying close to the quilt show next year, you should probably start making reservations now!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: headielamar,

Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Wish I could go again. Loved it when we had the Oregon retreat! I so want to go again! Not this year. Maybe once my kids fly the nest! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post