Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  DD's first quilt pic.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DD's first quilt pic. Sign In/Join 
Picture of Rainbow
posted
Here's my DD's first quilt. She made it for a friend. She was excited to make it but glad to get it done. l'm not sure what's got into her. She cut out 2 baby quilts for me earlier this month! She's 33 and l had given up on her taking any interest!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9500 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Congrats. You better keep an eye on your stash - at least now when you go shopping, you can buy more when her in mind.

Take a class together. I love those CARS blocks.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 461 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
That's really pretty & don't you just love it when a DD (or anyone for that matter) takes an interest in quilting? My DD (45 yr. old) has no interest in making an actual quilt from scratch but she loves to help me in making mine.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nlk,

Nicki

Posts: 8129 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Good for her! I can tell how proud you are! Great job!

Posts: 4982 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
GOOD!!! You enabler you! Wink

Perhaps since she is involved in the cutting process it won't be long before she has the full-blown bug!

Posts: 16931 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
Give her a big hug from me and congratulations.
To have those plaid squares lined up so evenly is amazing. Others less careful would have them off kilter. She did good.

Posts: 13287 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She is not the first person to find she has "quilting in her bones" afterall, but she has one of the best teachers around. I don't know how you contain your excitement,I would be over the top. She did a marvelous job on those plaids.Tell her we are all so proud of her.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10057 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Applause! Good for both of you! And PatV82 is right, keep an eye on your stash! ROFL!
I wish someone around me (2 daughters) would want to learn! I envy you!

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
YAY!! Good job!!

I have 3 daughters-all grown. Not one of them has the slightest interest in quiltingFrown. They just want me to make them for them!!

Pam

Posts: 5796 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Awesome! With Mike & her joining you in your hobby, that sewing room is gonna get really crowded! Big Grin

Posts: 4647 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Nice! It's great that she's taking an interest, enjoy it!

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8863 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. DD was thrilled to get such good feed back. l'm still in shock that she made a quilt.

She gave the friend to her friend this week and it was a hit at the shower.

So far, Mike has made quilts, DGD#1 made a full size quilt (at age 9), DGS#2 made a lap quilt (at age 12) and now DD has made a baby quilt! Not to bad except they usually want to sew when l'm in the mood to sew! OH, and DGD#2 (age 2 1/2) just this last month got into my trash when l was quilting and got out scraps and called them her blocks! My Grandma would be so proud! l know l am! Smile

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9500 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawana
posted Hide Post
Great first quilt!! Smile

Shawn

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

~ Live Well ~ Love Much ~ Laugh Often ~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srtrn/sets/

Posts: 3564 | Location: WV | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post