Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know, I know Sign In/Join 
Picture of paus4quilts
posted
This should probably go over on the crochet board but I thought some of the ladies here would enjoy this one.

http://www.favecrafts.com/Kitc...y-Sugar-N-Cream/ml/1

This message has been edited. Last edited by: paus4quilts,

Posts: 5924 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katiemedarlin
posted Hide Post
Very pretty. I don't crochet much any more, but my mother did all the time. She said she could still do it by feel after her eyes started to go.

Happy is a choice.

GO RAVENS!!!

Posts: 4006 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
We're a needlework board also - don't 'crochet needles' apply? Grin

Anyway neat little pot holders. I can do a basic chain, never was able to learn more intricate patterns

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really cute idea are these pot holders or dish cloths? I make knitted dish cloths and give them away at work, people seem to love them.

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 707 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing the site, these are too cute. And they look really easy to work up. Might just have to try one.

Yea Kayla...I'm one that loves knitted dish cloths for sure!

Posts: 4612 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. One of the organizations I'm involved includes pot holders in the tote bag...I'm thinking heavier yarn and perhaps an additional round to make the pattern a little bigger....and a fabulous way to attack the yarn stash!!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Well Kathy the next time I get the knitting bug I'll have to keep you in mind Wink

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 707 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
**Like**

I've been dabbling in crochet while the remodeling is going on... practicing the Crocodile stitch.

Thank you, Paus.

Posts: 3152 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Cute, cute dishcloths!! I have a DGD that is wanting to learn how to crochet. This would be a good easy pattern for her to learn with. Thanks for posting it.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2826 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Cute! I haven't crocheted in awhile. I use to make afghans like crazy.

I also love the knitted dish cloths!! I have some yarn, needles and a pattern. Just haven't had time to sit down and concentrate.

PamSmile

Posts: 5709 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
I love seeing pretty things I can't make. I even love doilies and swore I'd never have any in my house. My Mother loved them. Soooo, now I have lots of them too.

CC

Posts: 4602 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
A Granny square is probably the easiest and quickest to learn stitch/pattern in crochet. They can become like mindless sewing after a bit. You start and next thing you know, you're done.

This is supposed to be a dishcloth. If I were going to make it as a potholder using regular yarn, I'd put a cotton/flannel backing on it. Most regular yarns have poly or nylon in them and they will transmit heat. My first thought when I saw the picture was I could use some of the leftover Granny Squares I have. I still may.

You can also make two of them in the Sugar and Cream and use a finishing slip stitch or row of single crochet around them to keep them together. I've done that with other patterns.

Glad you like my find.

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
Native Texan, I do sooooo know what you mean!!!!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
My sister (not Sue) can crochet anything. She has made me doilies and scrubbies, doll clothes for my grandaughters babies. I can crochet, but not the granny square. I never figure out the right place to stop. I've made lots of ripple afghans that I don't mind claiming I made.LOL But Never Ever a Granny square. Frown

Posts: 7851 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Those are neat. Been so long since I've crocheted anything, don't think I could make anything... Chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Chris-it's like riding a bike-you can!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5709 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
I have been practicing some new crochet stitches as I'm still in remodeling-mode.

Here's the Crocodile stitch:

Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
Then, I ripped it all out and tried the V-stitch... which is a keeper!

Making a small table runner.

Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
Note: The V-stitch was shown a different way... two stitches in one stitch. I 'looped' my stitch over the entire 'bridge' for lack of a better word. Smile

Seems I have company.
Her snoozes are addictive..!

posted Hide Post
paus...I agree with using sugar and cream yarns for kitchen items like this. I use the 100% cotton yarns of that weight all the time for dishcloths and other items like mug rugs, and little square thingies for underneath your warm bowls/ dishes on the table. ( not right out of the over hot)
Nice little gifts they make for teachers neighbors special things for holidays and such. Everyone love handmade things!!!!

tinapq
Quilter, crafter, animal and plant lover. Smile Friend to all

Posts: 332 | Location: northern illinois | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Haven't crocheted in years - never got past the double crochet and the one project took me FOREVER - I never continued after that was finished.

I buy the handmade dishcloths, etc. when I come across them - I love them.

Posts: 6459 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post