Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  May Stashbusting-Winner drawn
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

May Stashbusting-Winner drawn Sign In/Join 
Picture of cksvett
posted
Lori is on vacation so I am starting the thread this month.

I hope to have something to post soon, but am still getting resettled from coming back from the Magnolia Quilt Retreat last weekend.

Hope to see lots of great posts this month from everyone... Chris

Guess I need to list everyone who finishes a project too!

stm 1804
motqltr
toryam
Saved Sinner
Mary J
Aliquilt
garden pat
goaskmom
cksvett
Handie Ann

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
moltquilter, Please email me your mailing address... Chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made this for my husband's cousin's daughter for a bridal shower gift. Thought the bride could use this cover (for a composition notebook) to keep info for her wedding in.
Susan

Posts: 706 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Chris I answered your pm a couple of days ago. Did it not send?

I am having sewing machine problems, top thread keeps breaking but I managed to finish 3 slipcovers for the baby changing table at church. Approx 4 yd of fabric used.
Here's 1

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3543 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3543 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Ooh! I love that fabric with the circles.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2189 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Nice idea for the bride to be. At least her notes will all be in one place!!!
Those are cute changing mats. Good idea. Love the bird fabric. How are you making the mats? Size? Waterproof lining???

Posts: 7851 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
motqltr, received your note. Thanks... Chris

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Nice job on the notebook, STM! The colors are very pretty

Motquilter- great idea for the covers, they will be wel used in the nursery.

I finished DS's graduation quilt finally! I had to buy a little more black for the triangle border but all the rest was stash.

Posts: 3996 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
toryam, so glad to see you finished the quilt! Everone, it looks much better in real life. We were all lucky enought to see it at the Magnolia quilt retreat.

motqltr, your package went out today and expected delivey is the 14th... Chris

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
toryam, he has a big grin. I'm sure he was amazed at how you made it so personal for him. Smile

Posts: 3548 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Beautiful quilt, Toryam ... I'm sure DS will treasure it always Smile

This is a quilt top I just finished to raffle for the Relay For Life I will be participating in next month Smile

Each cancer ribbon is represented, as well as "all cancers" and "honors caregivers". It was a project of love AND therapy... being newly diagnosed with CLL, this offered me an opportunity to focus on a positive and not so much about myself ... I'm hoping it will raise LOTSA funds for RFL.

Being that it's a quilt with much love, I just HAD to share my batiks stash ... not an easy task for me ... but sometimes it's better to give than receive (and I've received so very much).

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Lots of pretties so far this month! I got a couple more pr@yer quilts done.

Posts: 5174 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Here is the 2nd one.

Posts: 5174 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great start this month everyone... Chris

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Nice projects! I can't wait until I can start having something to share...SOON!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
motqltr, pm'd me that she had received the package from last month, so I expect her to post shortly... Chris

posted Hide Post
Great projects so far! Toryan, that quilt is great, he looks very happy with it Smile So far this month I've finished 8 pillow cases for "Pillows for Hope" , I'll attempt to post a picture when my battery is charged, I usually don't have much success though.

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Hope to get DH to download my projects one of these days. Maybe over the 3 day weekend... Chris

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
really nice work everyone

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 707 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
It's seems like so long ago since I last posted. Just got back from Ann Arbor for my B-I-L's kidney transplant from my DD!!! Amazing- both are doing great! We brought our DD home to Ohio just 48 hours after surgery and my B-I-L goes home today (on the third day after surgery)!!! So blessed!

So here is the Sunny lanes quilt I made for my brother-in-law and fm quilted on my regular Janome. It is a really large lap quilt for him to snuggle up in as he recuperates.

pat

Posts: 5052 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
So here's a close-up of my quilting. Hope you can see it!

pat

Posts: 5052 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Beautiful, Everything is just beautiful. Tori I know you happy to be finished. He looks like he might like that one. Mary j love the Shabby Chic
and the scrappy quilt is just to die for.

J Lu

Posts: 934 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Been a while since I posted to this thread. I always come here tho and admire all the work but sometimes I wish you could click on a picture to enlarge it. This is the case with your quilt Pat. It looks awesome.

I had a top that I had put together several months ago and finally figured out how I wanted to quilt it. It was intended to be a baby quilt but is big enough to be a toddlers quilt. The picture is kind of dark but we tried several times for a better one with no luck and didn't feel like I could push hubby for another one. Used up a bunch of flannel for this one!

Margie

Posts: 1279 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Margie- good to see you here on this thread! I've been away quite a bit the last couple months getting ready for the kidney transplant. But if you click on the Flickr link below my name, you can see the Sunny Lanes quilt in a much larger version!

Love your flannel log cabin!

pat

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great items everyone!

Finally have my pictures to post. Hope it works as I have a new computer and everything is so much more complicated.

Have 3 string tops that I put together for QWL. Found this hunk of quilting flannel in the cabinet and it was just the right firmness to go with the string blocks & enough to do 3 tops... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Here's the second one... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
and the third... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Backs & Bindings for these three and the yellow & green top I posted last month... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Pillow cases to go with the quilt tops... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Some RWB pillowcases... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
So far everone has a 1 in 9 chance of winning unless someone else posts... Chris

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I'm not going to get my teddy bear quilt finished by the end of the month - especially if I don't get off this computer. The baby will be one year old on June 1st. I'm trying to make it a little larger now.

This thread is my all time favorite but has been quiet this month. Great job so far on the completed items ladies.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I'm just getting in under the wire for this month. I got this quilt done for one of my GDs. I had the top done for a few years and I picked up the backing when we were in Branson for the COF last year. I did have to buy the batting and some more material for the binding, but the rest all came from my stash. The top is fabric left over from another quilt top I made.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3450 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Garden Pat just thinks she is using up her stassh!

Congradulations Pat! Do I remember a post about needing girl type fabrics????

DH is really in the dog house. He drew for two months and didn't draw my name... Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
congrats Pat!! I'm so happy for you.
Great projects everyone.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Nice quilt Handie Ann Smile

Congrats GardenPat Big Grin

Maybe next month cksvett Wink

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to me for what? What did I miss? I'll admit it's been hectic this past several weeks.....but seriously, what happened?

pat

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Dear Pat, your name was drawn as the winner for the May Stashbusting... Chris

Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Oh!!! I really didn't realize that! Guess I'm having an old age moment!!! Wink

Wow!! Thank you!!! I am feverishly working on 3 baby girl quilts and two lap quilts that need to be finished this month so, since I have only started the first baby quilt,I will be putting my pedal to the metal. Hopefully I will have more than 1 finish to show for it!

Thanks so much!!! This gives me the encouragement I needed to get busy!

pat

Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
Congrats Pat!!!!