Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sisters quilt show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sisters quilt show Sign In/Join 
Picture of Handie Ann
posted
I had a fun day at the Sisters outdoor quilt show in Oregon last Saturday. (This was my birthday gift to me.) Here are some pictures of some of the quilts at the show.

Handie Ann

Posts: 3588 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
more

Handie Ann

Posts: 3588 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
again

Handie Ann

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
just a few more to go

Handie Ann

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
all most done.

Handie Ann

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
last one I think

Handie Ann

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
OOPs I was wrong I have I have a few more.

Handie Ann

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
One more to go after this one

Handie Ann

Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
This is the last one that I have.

Handie Ann

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Oh, lovely. Glad you had a good time, but how could you not have a good time at that show?

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6749 | Location: north Georgia mountains  | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BOM Sisters
posted Hide Post
Ann, Boy that dragon and bargello are awesome looking. My son would love for the dragon to be hanging on his wall.LOL It looks like you had a nice day to go. I've never been, but one day Sue and I would love to go. It is a mighty long way from Wisconsin, so we'd have to fly.
Thanks for sharing your pictures.
Pat

Posts: 133 | Registered: Dec 10, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msbananas
posted Hide Post
i got to see those quilts before i had to call it a day.... sorry i could not meet up with you.....i just didn't have it in me to see all the show.....i am re-cuperating from an assault at work.....so re-gaining my strength.....i would have loved to see you ....glad you got to go

Posts: 2211 | Location: Creating something Fabulous | Registered: Jul 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Downsouth
posted Hide Post
Where do quilters find these large patterns like the dragon quilt? It's gorgeous!

Thanks for the quilt show...have any more to share? Smile

Devonne

Posts: 14994 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jan 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltzilla
posted Hide Post
beautiful!
I loved that quilt show. We HGTVers had a great time there a few years back.

Posts: 6672 | Registered: Aug 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quilt show! It's amazing what some quilters can do. Loved seeing them!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9587 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the mini quilt show. Very nice. Glad you had such a great time. Ms Bananas so sorry, I hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 3060 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
PatriciaAnne & I just got home tonight from our trip to Sisters (and other Oregon sites). We got to meet up with Crazyboutquilts, but motqltr & msbananas were leaving around the time we arrived. It was a crazy hot day too...we tried, but couldn't see everything (I sent DH back to City Hall to wait for us before he got sunstroke!)
We did make sure to get the t-shirt & tote bags.

We both got some pics & I'll try to post a few over the next couple of days.

Posts: 4693 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pegsami
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting pix from your day at Sister's--as always, the quilts are wonderful--since I couldn't go this year, I volunteered at our "Sandy Mt. Festival" selling raffle tickets for the quilt "we" made for the Sandy Historical Center. It was very hot here too !!

Variety & Contrast means BUY EVERYTHING

Posts: 1047 | Location: oregon | Registered: Jun 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing, Mary Ann. That show was so much fun when we went on the retreat a few years ago.

The applique quilt just knocks my socks off! I'm such a suc*ker for those.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6656 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ivy_cottage81
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your pics, Handie Ann...

Yep, COF 2010 in Portland was a lot of fun with the highlight being the Sisters show and bus trip PLUS the visit to Fabric Depot.... sigh

ivy

Posts: 769 | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Downsouth, I have several dragon quilt patterns that Sue bought in Vegas for me. It looks like one of my patterns, but much larger. She must have enlarged it somehow, It is an applique.
edited to add picture of patterns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: patty j,

Posts: 8159 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
One of our office supply firms around here, starts with S******, can enlarge patterns on their wide-format copying machine. I've had several patterns enlarged, and they are super nice and not expensive (less than $5 most of the time). So, check around if that's what you want.

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6656 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting as it brings back wonderful memories of being there with the COF group in 2010. And, I still have the T-shirt to prove it!!!!

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2236 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Here's a slide show from TQS. I think I missed a lot more than I thought!! (I'm still working on my pics Roll Eyes)

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os...4f61f9fce7f29be6b967

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I put my pics in an album on photobucket. I hope this link works Smile

http://s213.photobucket.com/us...202014?sort=2&page=1

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great pictures of great quilts. Hope you had a fantastic time... chris

Posts: 6230 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Sure would like to get there someday. Thanks so much for posting all the photos and links to see all the pretty quilts.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3269 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
That's another show I would love to see, but don't know . . . .

Posts: 5796 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SDgranny
posted Hide Post
Angela & Handie Andy Thanks for showing the pictures.

sdgranny
www.picturetrail.com/sdgranny
So much fabric-so little time

Posts: 832 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: Apr 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
beautiful quilts Handie, my pics are still on my camera. I'm so sorry we couldn't meet up. I stood in the middle of the street and then realized I may have set down camera and had to search my bags. I was trying to watch for you and msbananas was watching too.
How did you get everyone away from the dragon quilt? I couldn't believe, think I finally took a pic with all the folks anyway. I might "steal" your pic, it's great.
Everyone who hasn't been to Sisters really needs to...wish I had gone 20-30 yrs ago when I could actually walk w/o pain. Only saw abt 1/3 of the show.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3643 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking that this fall I want to go to the outdoor quilt show in Reardon, Wa. It sounds like it will be fun. Not as many quilts as Sisters. And the LQS that is putting it on stocks a lot of wool fabric.

Handie Ann

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Handie and Angela, Thanks for sharing the quilt show with us. Those quilts are simply amazing. It must be fun to walk around just looking at all that creativity.

Posts: 8159 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post