Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  What are your crafty/quilting goals this week 4-5-13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What are your crafty/quilting goals this week 4-5-13 Sign In/Join 
posted
This is the thread where we post our goals for the following week. Some of us have found that if we announce our goals to the world, we have a better chance of meeting them! Goals can be as abstract or specific as you want- they're your goals.

I finished the baby afghan, and quilted the two baby quilts for Baby Girl arriving this summer. So this weeks goal is to get the quilts bound.

So what are your goals?
Holly

Posts: 2929 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I hope to have KC1930's QOV quilt quilted and bound by the end of this week...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4904 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
This week, I hope to get my things gathered for the mini retreat near B'ham. We'll have company twice this month, need to finish taxes, etc. So if I can pack my sewing things now, I'll feel less behind.

Posts: 3524 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of WA-BJ
posted Hide Post
Have barely started cutting out a kit I bought in 2009 while on a trip to AZ for Spring Training for my Mariners. I have a Retreat this coming Thurs through Sat so want this project to sew on while I'm there. It takes me forever as my knees are really bad and can't stand long but I'll get it done and have another set of blocks ready to take w/me to piece for yet one more quilt.

Posts: 748 | Location: Burlington,WA, | Registered: Aug 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
To finish the first of two toddler I SPY quilts. Have the birthday cards made and the 24" TV pillow. Have to finish sewing on the binding. Party is tomorrow.

Posts: 6772 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pvillelou:
For the first time since last summer, I have a quilt in the frames for handquilting. The borders on both sides are done. Three friends are coming one day next week to help with it. My goal is that by the end of next week, a row of blocks on each side and the sashing strips beside them will be quilted.

I also am continuing with the applique on DGD's quilt. Flowers are all done, vines and leaves remain.

Posts: 6470 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Have another quilt to bind. Hopefully I'll get it done. Still going thru stuff in sewing room, finding things to give away.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wiley,

Posts: 4364 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elsie123
posted Hide Post
I finished a dress for my GD, and she loves it. blush, blush.

My goals for this week? Hem one more pair of slacks for my son, and make more progress on the retirement lap quilt. I got a couple of pictures printed to go on it, but can't get the others to size big enough and still look good. May go with clip art (she retired from public safety dispatching, so I'm thinking a 9-1-1 clip art).

Posts: 1378 | Location: Texas | Registered: Mar 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Seriously I really have to finish my goal from week #2 or 3 before I do one more thing. That BOM from last year needs to be a real quilt I'm tired of being bugged by thinking about finishing it. So that is my goal. I got the fish and board BOM done already along with a tabelrunner that I started earlier in the week, so I need to finish that quilt.

Posts: 7817 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want to machine quilt a baby quilt for a daughter's friend's GS and start to clear up my sewing room.

Wanda

Posts: 1726 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
l met my goals last week. l made 1 birthday block and 2 Christmas blocks. Then l started on the Owl quilts.

My goal for this week is to continue working one the Owl quilts.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9370 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L.L.
posted Hide Post
my only goal for this week is to get through it!

Have not been sewing or being productive in any way lately, so at least with this one, I have a good chance to accomplish it ....... I think! Confused

Posts: 2254 | Location: Alberta, Canada!!  | Registered: Mar 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Still trying to clean my room upstairs so I can organize it and set up my mid arm quilting machine. Why do I have so much stuff??

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to make a fat quarter bag in purple and then start on a king size quilt called Crimson Roses.That should keep me busy for several weeks. LOL Sue

Posts: 1483 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am going to keep working on sons afghan I am 1/2 way thru it and want to see how much I can get done over the next 3 days.

Posts: 529 | Location: Brookings, SD | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I got the borders on my QOV quilt and packed up to send off on Monday.

My goal this week: Get my BOM done. That is probably be the only thing I will get done.

Posts: 479 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Finished sewing the binding on the front of the quilt, now I can pass it on to my friend who hand stitches the back. She calls it her "sanity" therapy while she sits with her DH who is not doing well at the moment.

While doing more cleaning I decided to seperate my growing # of scraps by type, patriotic, novelty and any kind of print. Makes it easier to use and control them.

Posts: 4364 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
I finished the last of the prom dresses on Saturday. I am taking this week off. I plan to clean, really clean my sewing room and to reorganize a lot of it soon.

Posts: 1441 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post