Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Were you in this Aunt Grace block swap with me??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Were you in this Aunt Grace block swap with me?? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Celine1
posted
Ladies I finally quilted my second quilt from the Aunt Grace fabric block swap that we did here a few years ago. Here it is. Do you see your block? Do you even remember your block? lol

Posts: 4245 | Location: Eastern New York State | Registered: Nov 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Celine1
posted Hide Post
Here was the first one I completed earlier.

Posts: 4245 | Location: Eastern New York State | Registered: Nov 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NYlady
posted Hide Post
I wasn't in either swap but I must say both those quilts are gorgeous. Lots of work in them. And your arrangement is perfect.

Posts: 3350 | Location: Staten Island, NY , USA | Registered: Sep 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Celine1
posted Hide Post
Wow...Maybe all the ladies who were in this swap with me have left the message board? I admit it has been a few years...I will guess around FIVE since we did the block swap.

I also am rarely here anymore. I spend most of my time over at the www.quiltingboard.com
which is super active.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
I actually hosted this swap.. It was called Grandma's Old Tyme Quilt Block Swap.

Your quilts are so pretty!

I think I did the churn dash block in the first picture...

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25639 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Great quilts Celine!!

I was in that swap~ I made three quilts from my blocks, but I don't remember the blocks I made. Eek I'll have to think on it. LOL

Posts: 10445 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Your quilts look so pretty.

Posts: 4296 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Awesome Celine.My favorite fabric.

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8873 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quilts"R"Fun
posted Hide Post
I was in that swap! The green and blue spools block in the second quilt is my block.

I haven't set mine together yet. I have them squared up and ready to set together, but that's as far as I've got. I even bought my AG 30's prints for sashings, washed/pressed them. I need to get back on that project....LOL.

Posts: 7902 | Location: In a big heaping pile of awesome fabrics! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember this swap. All of my blocks are on the second quilt. The block in the far right top. I don't remember the name of it but I could look in the book I got it out of. The second one is far left in the second row called star and scyth and far left in bottom row called flying dutchman variation.

Did these when I was on the boards aas brinnsmom sometime between 2006 and 2009

Posts: 117 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeymom
posted Hide Post
The Dresden plate block was mine... I believe the swap was in 2005-2006 or so...

********monkeymom********

Posts: 3549 | Location: Kentucky,USA | Registered: Mar 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Two very pretty quilts! If you had twin beds in the same room, these would be perfect!

Posts: 16466 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Celine1
posted Hide Post
Oh I am SO happy some of you are still here and recognize your blocks!! Wow I didn't realize it was that long ago that we had that swap.

I still have other blocks from swaps waiting to become quilt tops!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Yur quilts are really nice. I didn't participate in this, but wish I had.

Mary

Posts: 3929 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post