Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  New Mystery Sister Block Swap - *Blocks Posted for January*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mystery Sister Block Swap - *Blocks Posted for January* Sign In/Join 
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Lois, you were correct to begin withSmile Blocks are Due on the 15th of each month, not sent by the 15th. January got a little mixed up between sickness and personal issues. As I stated in a previous post everyone should have their block by Jan 25th.

With everyone working on their February block now and in the mail between Feb 1 and Feb 10, we will be back on schedule for all sisters to receive a block on or before the 15th of Feb.

Hugs,
Dianne

Posts: 796 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
to my secret sister, please look up Civil War quilt colors.

Posts: 4450 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Well girls I have not been downstairs in 3 weeks but, tonight I was cranking them out. They are looking great. My sister is really going to be a lucky little girl.

Doesn't look like ill be going to work tomorrow either. We have already received 8 inches and counting of snow and my poor husband is just heading out to plow the street and everyone's drive way. He is such a great guy. I am truly blessed.

J Lu

Posts: 1143 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... wow Quiltnanny, I have a boatload of civil war Repros ... were you looking for something specific in colorway ... I have lots ... your commnet makes me curious.

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9144 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Most humble apologies to my Mystery Sister. After complaining about "no block yet" for several times, if finally arrived yesterday! I should have gotten on here immediately to let her know that it came...but, you know, life happens.
I've taken a photo of it so if I can get my photo shop to work right, I'll either post one or send it to fleur to post for me.
BTW, it's beautiful and the fabrics are exactly what I hoped my Sister would use.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2276 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Bluesnail- glad you got your block. And it's nice to read your compliment about it. I think all the blocks are great

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Missmommy,

Posts: 3383 | Location: Soon to be NC | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I think I have it.... All right!!! This is the best ever. It's bold and bright and sassy. Exactly what I was hoping for. Mystery Sister, big hugs to you for finding the perfect fabrics. I'm really excited about what's yet to come. Thanks, Gracias, and Merci Beaucoup!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bluesnail,

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2276 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still no block yet... maybe today's mail?

Love all the blocks posted so far!

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Okay Lois, "bold and bright and sassy", is that a reflection of you? It is a very pretty block.

Three more to be delivered and the tracking for them states they are on the way Big Grin

Posts: 796 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Fleur55 ... YES ... that is a reflection fo Blue snail .. but allthose words standing on end would be taller than she is !!! :=} Someone called to her stand on a chair when she was showing something at Branson ... and she already was!! all in fun of course .. she is tiny but not in spirit or attitude ....

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9144 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
No block here either

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25891 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Ttt

Posts: 3383 | Location: Soon to be NC | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...oh man -- My block arrived today and it is beautiful .... my MS did such a beautiful job, and I just got the picture ready ...
******* THANK YOU SO MUCH, MYSTERY SISTER ******
All of the fabrics are in this first block .. she must have an eye and color sense that she should be paid for!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: City/Sandie,

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Sounds like the wait was worth it?

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Wow..that's a happy looking block! Big Grin

Posts: 4719 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
... it is indeed a happy looking block. And I will assemble this quilt in memory of my daughter. She loved pink .. was a happy bright cheery woman - and the lovely choice made my by MS is so perfect I wish I could hug her right now. Definitely worth the wait.

Wounded Warrior Project

posted Hide Post
Been without power all day. Thanks to my secret sister for the wonderful seaweed beach block! Will post pictures tomorrow

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
That is a happy fun block City/Sandie Smile Looks like the blocks are coming in, only a few more.

I have given a cookie to everyone who posted their block, thank you for sharing. We all enjoy looking at the wonderful blocks that have been made.

Hugs,
Dianne

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who has not received a block yet?

Posts: 25891 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Q, tracking shows it was delivered yesterday at 12:22 PM. Let me know if there is a problem.

Hugs,
Dianne

According to the Tracking Numbers, all players have received their blocks Smile

Only 7 days until February 1st, then we start again. Are you ready????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fleur55,

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
hubby is going to run down to the mailbox now.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Mark me as delivered! Yahoo!! And I LOVE it! This block is gorgeous!

Secret Sister... The fabrics are awesome on the color card! Maybe dismiss the white since you have more than 5. And the color gray you have here is perfect! Your search is over. Smile

I am happy happy happy.. and I love that your points come out so well and will not be lost when I sew the blocks together.

Great job!

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...oh my ... the blue in the star is downright electric! so pretty. Every block has had a different character and colors ... and all so pretty - this is going to be an exciting year of bloxks.
Thank you Fleur55

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Q, Glad to see you found your block and what a beauty it is.

Pics still missing from Ely, Susan-TN and Quilter Jen, let us see the wonderful block that you received.

Hugs,
Dianne

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Will you be opening a new post for February's bblock or will we be posting on this one?

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1537 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Good question.

Picture of Susan-TN
posted Hide Post
Even though I've got more than enough blocks in my to-do book for this exchange, I couldn't resist the urge to search for more. Found at least 10 more at about.com.quilting... now my final decisions will be harder than ever! lol

I'll take the picture of my block tomorrow when the sun is out (hopefully) & the light is better!

Happy Stitching All!
Susan

Posts: 665 | Location: East TN | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Sue B, I was planning on keeping this thread going for the entire year. That way we will have all the guidelines and pics in the same place.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
.... OK, I'm about to be a sn ot n osed brat right here ...
i see a cookie for Quilter Jen ... but don't see the icture .. and 2 others dont have cookes ... Iknow that means no picture has been posted ... could you guys PLEASE post pictures so we can get this month done .... fleur at PO, and has not been on here yet .... better post before you lose your cookies ....
Are we all ready for February????? I am .. heh heh heh ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ely can't post photos on the forum so she sent me her photo via email.

posted Hide Post
Tiling the kitchen PLUS camera trouble-- will hopefully get a picture up soon. Sorry for the delay!

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Thank you Q. What a beautiful block Ely Smile

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...oh ... so pretty .. thanks for sharing for her ...

Wounded Warrior Project

posted Hide Post
Here's my beautiful beach block:

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Quilter Jen, Fun block, come December you'll have the beach right on your lap, lol.

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
I wanted to see all the blocks together. We are still missing one and I will add it as soon as it is posted.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Fleur55,

Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
are they not all absolutely awesome thank you secret sisters! this is really fun!

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Thanks to some wonderful advice, I will be starting a New Thread on the First of each month. Keep a look out for the February Block Thread.

Hugs,
Dianne

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
I have picked out 12 blocks and I have picked out the material for 5 of them. I have come across another block that is just awesome and I think I'm going to swap one out. This is a fun swap. I can't wait to see my next block. Thank you for hosting Fleur55 this swap it is awesome.
It's what I needed to jump start me again.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1537 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Well, January was here and gone and we should all be working on Feb's block. Can't wait to see the next round of blocks!