Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  August Stashbusting - We have a winner :D
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

August Stashbusting - We have a winner :D Sign In/Join 
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
And here's my DD's first quilt. A total stashbuster from my stash, made at my house!hehehe

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9502 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Car accidents, canning hundreds of pounds of apples, tomatoes and DH's health problems have kept me busy this month, but just so you don't think that I've given up on quilting or stashbusting- here are two scrappy quilts I've just put together this week!

Total stashbusters. This first one is from Bonnie Hunter's "Addicted to Scraps" column in Quiltmaker called "Berry Baskets". She used berry reds, pinks and blues, but I had these more "island" colored scraps that I used for my starting point. They used up fabric scraps that I've not known what to do with!

I think it turned out okay!

pat

Posts: 5121 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
The second one that I put together yesterday and today is from the lovelaughquilt blog. she put together this block and I saw it as a way to empty some more 2" squares and strips! The background was the leftover trimmings from a white quilt backing, so now that is no longer taking up shelf space!!!

Feels so good to stashbust!!!!

pat

Posts: 5121 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
No, I don't have anything to show but I just wanted to say Way-To-Go!!! to everyone who has posted their pictures & shown us all how they have busted their stash so far. Fantastic!

Posts: 5271 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Better than "ok" pat - they look great!

I have some stash that used to be curtains in a mountain cabin my dad bought several years ago. I needed a quick something for an "Everybody's Birthday Party" on Saturday so I whipped up these bookmarks.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5046 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great projects everyone, Pat the quilts are pretty. I just mailed off 3 doll quilts and delivered a dozen pillow cases to local Pillows of Hope. I managed a photo on doll site so if pictures appear I'm successful here too.

doll quilts

Posts: 837 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great projects everyone, Pat the quilts are pretty. I just mailed off 3 doll quilts and delivered a dozen pillow cases to local Pillows of Hope.

pillowcases Aug

Posts: 837 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Pat, I don't know how you do it. Time management skills dearly earned, I'd guess. I love that second quilt similar to an Irish Chain/Jewel box combo. Just fabulous.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6511 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I finally got my baby doll quilts done for the Mrs. Claus project. Used a couple of orphan blocks and the rest was from my stash (blocks were also in my stash).

Posts: 519 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Here is the second one:

Posts: 519 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Lots of neat projects this month. We made it to page two! Chris

Posts: 6048 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
There are SEW MANY awesome projects this month! I'm amazed at the creativity and productivity of you gals ... I need to step up my game Big Grin I guess I better get mine posted ... almost out of time Smile

These are 3 doll quilts for the Mrs Claus project ... 2 of these are blocks I received from a project many years ago, and I remember whoever sent them said that if they weren't the right colors for the project that maybe I could use them for something else. So I used them for this project and shopped my stash for the borders, backing and batt.

I had fun doing these and need to get them in the mail along with another special package Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
those are pretty Lindsay, especially the orange one Smile

I have to go to work this morning so I will draw a winner later this afternoon.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5046 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
Ornery! I figured it was a GOOD way to use up some orange noodles I "just happen" to have Smile Sew it up ... give it away Big Grin

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
SavedSinner, great baby quilts. So neat using up great blocks like that for the doll quilts... Chris

Posts: 6048 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I tried to get my dogs to choose a winner but they weren't interested so I chose the last one picked up to be August's Stashbuster Extraordinaire --- crazy'boutquilts!!! Congrats Smile Send cksvett your address (if she doesn't already have it) and you will receive your prize from her.

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
..congrats Crazy ..... how fun to be a winner Smile

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9098 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
See ??? All that Crazy-ness pays off! Congrats CBQ ... Well if it's not me, then I'm glad it's YOU ! And I mean that! Big Grin

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Oh my gosh! Big Grin Thank you! I think your doggies did good. LOL

Posts: 10486 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 1877 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Congratulations crazy! So fun to be stashbusting, isn't it!!!

pat

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
congrats CBQ!

Posts: 4647 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
C

Posts: 1097 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS

Posts: 1097 | Registered: Jan 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SDgranny
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!!!

sdgranny
www.picturetrail.com/sdgranny
So much fabric-so little time

Posts: 826 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: Apr 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
Congratulations CBQ on winning the August draw!! Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful projects that get made in September as you all continue to bust that stash!

Posts: 5271 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post