Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Cincinnati Quilt Show in April
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cincinnati Quilt Show in April Sign In/Join 
Picture of Shogun
posted
Anyone going? We are. I think it is about 4 hours from here.

Posts: 3673 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm going, most likely on Thursday. I hope you enjoy it.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
I can never seem to work it into my schedule. I already have 2 things planned and can not fit another thing in. And I thought retiring would give me more time to do stuff for me. Silly me! What was I thinking?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TerryOH,

TerryOH

Posts: 2370 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
When in April is it? shogun- I think cincinnati is farther than 4 hours for you. I'm driving to U of M tomorrow morning for testing and mapquest and google are telling me 3 hours 20 minutes from Columbus to Ann Arbor. Cincy to Columbus is another 2 hours, I think.

Is there a link to the show?

pat

Posts: 5031 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.quilts.com/home/shows/

It's a nice big show. McPatches and I went last year and enjoyed it. The quilt show was nice and lots of vendors.
The show is April 11-13, 2013.
I'm not going to be able to make it this year unfortunately.

Rondi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeepdarla
posted Hide Post
Our guild chartered a bus and we are going up on Thursday. Only about 2 hours away from here...perfect for a day trip.

We went last year. It is well worth seeing. Aisles and aisles of vendors...quilts hanging everywhere! So many ideas and techniques and gadgets....very inspirational.

Posts: 3090 | Location: kentucky | Registered: Sep 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Pat, it does seem like it would be farther than 4 hours...
U of M is maybe 20 minutes from me.

My husband I will be making a single day trip out of it, so we may spend most of it in the car and a little at the show Smile

Posts: 3673 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
The show is Thursday to Saturday 4/11-13. Don't know if they have it on Sunday also or not? Its a wonderful show with some awesome quilts!

My son wants to take me so bad. But I have chemo on Tuesday and that will put me out of commission for at least 4 days. Don't think I will be able to make it this year.

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I'm way too far away, but wanted to share the official link for the site in case anyone needs it:

http://www.quilts.com/home/sho...?page=SpringFestival

They have a preview night on Wednesday and then the show runs Thursday through Saturday.

Hope that everyone that attends enjoys themselves. I'll be waiting for the big Quilt Festival in Houston later in the year Smile.

Posts: 5023 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to go but the bus from my area didn't get enough to make it a go! Frown

Posts: 671 | Location: Mi | Registered: Sep 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I never seem to get my dates right! I'm going to be in the area this weekend visiting family. Oh well, one of these years I know show dates early enough to coordinate the trips.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was thinking about going Thursday, I'm 15 minutes away Smile if someone is planning to go, get with me and maybe we can meet, that would be fun!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Jun 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twostep
posted Hide Post
I went 2yrs ago, loved it. DH bought me the greatest pair of sandal that day. Didn't get to go last year as GGD was born. This year it's her birthday party (bummer). I hope I can go next year. Sure wanted to go!

Posts: 6772 | Location: Bubbleland | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone in the area and going to show this week. I had an extra few minutes to myself today and decided to drive to Dry Ridge and go to the Quilt Box Quilt Store. It is just south of Cincinnati, not more than a 30 minute drive. It is a real nice, large variety quilt store. Sits back off the road in a beautiful place in a log home.
They have been written up in Quilt Sampler Magazine in past.
This week April 6-13 they are celebrating their 30th anniversary. You will get 25% off anything you buy. Thats a great deal. I would love to get back there but doubt it will happen this week.
If you are in area and have time it is more than worth the visit. You will not be disappointed.

Rondi

Posts: 1534 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
I've been to The Quilt Box......LOVE it! If you have a chance to go you won't be sorry. There is a little lake, and a nice place for husbands to sit and enjoy the outdoors.

Don't forget about Fabric Shack in Waynesville, Ohio. It's jam packed with fabric.

Posts: 3540 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Annon
posted Hide Post
It was a very small crowd at the quilt show today, compared to previous years. I didn't have to wait in line for anything, not even the ladies room. There wasn't even a line to get in at 10:30. That's not a good sign......

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I just left there and am heading back home. I also thought the crowd was small. Empty bathrooms. No lines at vendors and not many people around the quilts.
We did see some gorgeous quilts and I bought a few fat quarters. We enjoyed it.