Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  how sweet it is mugrug swap
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how sweet it is mugrug swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
OH, these mug rugs are just so darn cute. Love the idea of the candy mug rug and coaster very clever such imagination and well done.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
They sure are cute, and so creative.

Roz I mailed yours out last Thurs, so you should be getting it any day.

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cuilteanna
posted Hide Post
They're all so adorable, I wish I'd had time to join this one!

Posts: 992 | Location: Baile Átha Cliath | Registered: May 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
sue i came home from retreat and got my mugrug ty, it is sooooo cute, i love it. here is front side

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Posts: 3524 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
back side

Posts: 3524 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Oh yum! That is so cute! Everyone 's creativity and perspective blows me away.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Yummmy looks good enough to eat!!!!! Smile

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3060 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I love that the background fabric looks like ice cream sprinkles

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked it! I'm going paper piecing crazy lately.

Posts: 893 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Amy, no mug rug as yet, postie has not been today so hopefully she will be be delivering a parcel soon.
I am surprised that you have not received my parcel as yet it has been 11 days since it was posted.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
PatV82, I sent you a pm to bolo for a package from me. I sent it on Tuesday, I hope that you get it soon and like it. I didn't take a picture before sending. Sorry.

Posts: 285 | Location: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jul 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet Roz, maybe today we will both get them

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sewnso:
I can't tell is the tulle just on the ends or does it cover the rug?

Sewnso and Sue B - I'm sorry. I was wrong! I didn't notice until I went to show it to a friend that it is covered entirely in tulle. Don't know why I didn't see that before.
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
No matter....it is sew sweet in any case. Smile

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3060 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Hi there KaylaQuilts,
I got back from my trip today, finished your mug rug and mailed it. I'm sure it won't really be processed 'till Monday. But it's on the way to you.
Kim/SeeingStars

Posts: 3615 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kim for the heads up I'll let you know as soon as it gets here

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Linda (llcp48), you haven't posted in over a month. According to the post office the mugrug was delivered to you. Wish I had your email. Have you forgotten about us?
Evelyn

Posts: 7437 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
I hope that everything is alright with PatV82. I sent my package and haven't heard that she received it yet. She should have gotten it by now.

Posts: 285 | Location: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jul 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Sara - You are awesome. I love the two sided mugrug and the tray is absolutely so clever. The picture doesn't do it justice but putting contact paper over a tray is genius! Since the mugrug fits the tray perfectly, I've decided to keep them together.

I'm running late (see p.m.) but should be mailing yours either later today or tommorrow.

Thanks again! Horsey people are so clever!!!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 488 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I did not have my surgery. I got floored by a viral infection I brought home from TX, so everything (including sleep study) has been pushed to July and August.
Our road trip to Colorado went good - even though I was battling a fever for most of it. The roads in Iowa are awesome. Free wifi at Roadside Parks!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 488 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Just received this adorable mugrug from SeeingStars.

Kim - thank you so much I really love it and so appropriate it is so hot here (119 yesterday) that watermelon is the only food that tastes good! Thank you also for the extra surprise it was so thoughtful.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
cute cute mugrugs!

Posts: 5042 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
Glad it arrived so quickly! I had fun making this one with strips and Wedgeworks templates.

Posts: 3615 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Amy
Have received your fabulous mug rug today. Thank you so much but a bit cold here at the moment to enjoy an icecream sundae.
Your mug rug is beautifully made and I love the colours you have used.

Here is a picture of the icecream sundae mug rug

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
The latest mug rugs are so very, very cute.

Sara, that is such a colorful, refreshing looking mug rug.

Kim, that watermelon looks good enough to eat & looks sweet, sweet, sweet.

Amy, you did a fabulous job on the applique of your ice cream. Yummy...how sweet it is!

Thanks for sharing these pics with us.

Nicki

Posts: 8271 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
AmyJo great design. Love the fabrics and the way you finished the edges!

Posts: 5042 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Watermelon and ice cream sundae ... wonderful to eat and wonderful to see made into mug rugsSmile

Posts: 402 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really cute ice cream sundae love the black and white dot fabric

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Yay Roz, I see the mugrug made it, thanks for posting a pic, I forgot to take one. Maybe I'll get mine today, I'll be sure to post a pic when I get it.

Thanks everyone for the "SWEET" compliments. I thought it turned out pretty cute too.

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Sara,Kim and Amy - what great ideas! Love them all. Nice work.

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
You can just see the recipe for a Lemon Tart that is sweet. It is from Judy Laquidara's blog Patchwork Times. LOL Lemons can be sweetened. The back side is Popsicles.
I am glad that you like it Pat!

The ideas are so diverse and clever!

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry Amy that your mug rug has not yet arrived it was posted on 17th.June. We will give it another week and then I will do another for you.
I hope I got your address right maybe you could email me your address to make sure.
Again I am sorry about the delay.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
PatV82, your package arrived today. Thank you so much! You did a great job, how did you know that I love chocolate? Aren't Toberlone bars great?? If you like coconut, you should try Raffelos, oh my! I will try the hot chocolate, but maybe on a cooler day. LOL Your card is so very special! Now that was genius!!! I will try to post a picture. Thank you so much for the beautiful mugrug and gifts. You were so kind! Thank you! Sara

Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
Roz, no worries, I got it two days ago, sorry for the delay in posting, we have been busy dealing with flooding, not only at my home, but my work place flooded and its gonna rain some more. We have all had enough lol.

The mougrug was sooo dang cute thank you ! I love it also thank you for the key chain, a great bonus I might add Smile

I have several pic to share

Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
The back with a creative tag...

Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
and of course I had to try it out with a home made strawberry daiquiri

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Oh what a fun idea!

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Roz - really nice work and so cute

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Oh Amy you don't know how relieved I am that my parcel arrived to its destination. I had started another just in case. Glad you liked it. Sorry for all you troubles hope things are okay now.
Thanks for all the lovely comments I really enjoy doing these little creations and love seeing all that is made for everyone.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Roz that's such a unique & original little mug rug. I don't drink daiquiris but that sure looks refreshin on that cute strawberry mug rug. You do such excellent work on your projects.

Nicki

Posts: 8271 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Llcp48???????

USPS says you got your mugrug weeks ago. You've disappeared!

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I got the sweetest surprise from Nicki, the angel! A mugrug arrived today with jelly bean fabric. Would you believe I bought 2 bags of jelly beans yesterday? So sweet and so thoughtful! Thank you so much, Nicki. You've had your hands full with a sick hubby. Linda did PM me to let me know she hasn't had time because she's also nursing a sick husband. Thank you so much, Nicki. So cute on my dining room table with my bowl of Jelly Belly candy. YUM!

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Wow, that was quick & you are very welcome. I see you figured out who sent it to you from the address. I wasn't sure if "angels" were suppose to put their names on things they send or not. Wink Well, I know it's a real bummer to not get your half of a swap (even when there are good reasons). I'm so glad you like it...simple as it is.

Nicki

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Nicki,
The surprise really made my day. I joined a crochet/knit group and joined five swaps over several months. I got ONE item back in return. That never happens on this group. I really appreciate your extra effort and it looks so precious with the bowl of jelly beans. I have a group coming over for lunch and I got the jelly beans so we can munch while we craft. Better than chocolate that gets on our hands. They'll be so jealous of my cute mugrug. They find it astounding that strangers can be so very generous! That's why I do love this group. I love reading your posts and seeing all your wonderful works.Thank you again.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Wave

Nicki

Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Yay!
I'm in Smile

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I rec'd from mugrug angel Evelyn. Thank you, I love cherry pie. The scrubbers are so bright and cheery. Thank you very much Evelyn.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3636 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
and the coasters, they are much brighter in person

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3636 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post