Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  how sweet it is mugrug swap
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

how sweet it is mugrug swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
i am hosting a new mugrug swap. what is a mugrug? a mugrug is bigger than a coaster, much smaller than a placemat, big enough for a cup and a treat. here are some links to get u started. lots of tutorials if u scroll on down. mine usually measure 6 x 9", give or take.

Come join the fun! beginner quilters welcome!

www.twomoreseconds.com/p/mug-rug-madness.html
http://pinterest.com/wandans/mug-rugs-luv-em/

here are the details:

THEME: How Sweet it Is
You will design a "sweet" mugrug. this theme might include a favorite dessert, a fruit, candy, cute animal, etc.

MAIL BY: June 30
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: One. I will pair you with a partner.

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.

***The (I) denotes people who will swap internationally.
=========================
AmyJo will swap with rozhearts
sewnso will swap with Shirlwin
Catwmn will swap with mandylifeboats
Evelyn B will swap with llcp48
PatV82 will swap with BlueSkies
SeeingStars will swap with KaylaQuilts
califgal will swap with Sue Stitches
KentuckySunshine will swap with motqltr
Sue B will swap with Quiltnana2
jbeanier will swap with sewlove2quilt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 5041 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Count me in again Wave

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
I think I can do this one. Count me in I'm always willing to post overseas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewnso,

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3052 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Me, me, me! Please sign me up for this one too.
Evelyn

Posts: 7422 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Me too pleaseSmile I will post overseasSmile

Posts: 400 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3613 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i wanna play again, count me in.

Patsy

Posts: 3521 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Hey Sue can you put me down as always willing to swap internationally that way I don't have to remember to let you know each swap Wink

Thanks

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
These are addicting...count me in please !
I'll be happy to swap internationally.

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
put my name in please.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1505 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
me too Smile I'm in again Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7037 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'd really like to join BUT have way to much to do to get ready for the COF retreat so I'll just have to sit on the sidelines and watch for pic's of everyone's finished mugrugs!

Can't wait to see the themes you come up w/ after the retreat....Big Grin

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6797 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
This one sounds "sweet". Sign me up.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 488 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
I would like to join this mugrug swap.... Willing to send international, also.

Hugs,
Linda

Posts: 532 | Registered: Aug 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
Yep...I'm in for this one too!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 36 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
I so enjoyed the last swap I think I will give it another go. Sign me up.
(((HUGS))) Roz

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
just got the cutiest idea for a sweet mugrug, gonna start on it tonight. this swap is gonna be a fun one. Smile

patsy

Picture of BlueSkies7
posted Hide Post
I would like to join again, please. Already have an idea. I do not mind shipping internationally either. Thanks,

Posts: 285 | Location: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jul 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by llcp48:
I would like to join this mugrug swap.... Willing to send international, also.

Hugs,
Linda

I could ship internationally also.

Posts: 532 | Registered: Aug 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
me, me, me!!

I am addicted.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3632 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Sorry forgot to say I would be happy to send internationally with all swaps I enter.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I'm in again! International is fine as well.
Joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
you can put me down for international too; can that be a standing order?

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3632 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
I would love to join however I am not having good luck with the PM. Could anyone help?

Posts: 880 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Sue ... click onto Mandylifeboats name in one of her postings, and you will see, 'View her profile'. Click onto that and on the right hand side of the page, a wee way down, you will see 'Send private message'.
Hope that helpsSmile

Posts: 400 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sue, i sent you a private message. welcome to the swap.

Posts: 5041 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
welcome Sue.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
bump cuz it was buried on page 2. We need more to play, at least I think we need more.

posted Hide Post
sign-ups closed
swap partners and addresses to go out soon

posted Hide Post
addresses have gone out, check your private messages!

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
this one's gona be sweet, LOL

SUE B

Posts: 1505 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Just checking in so califgal doesn't worry. I'm ending up a once a month year long quilting class. The last block is a big sunburst with lots of pieces that is testing my novice skill. Almost 3/4 done and then get to applique a 4ft vine thst will take no time. Class ends next Saturday so will then put it aside and get to work. I do have my idea and materials. It will be so nice to make something small!

Posts: 880 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Sue B - I'm sewing on the binding so should get it in the mail Monday!

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
sweet Quiltinana2 I am also hoping to have yours finished and in the mail Tuesday.

SUE B

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
My Mugrug for SeeingStars went in the mail yesterday.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of applik
posted Hide Post
can't wait to see these. I am ready to jump back in the game for the next round.

Posts: 1272 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Jun 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
One sweet mugrug on it's way!

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin your rug is in the mail. The thought it should get to you in about a week to 10 days.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 3052 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Thank you SewnsoSmile Maybe the one I sent and the one you sent will meet over the ocean. I think that a good two weeks might be more likely.

Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
KaylaQuilts,
Thank you so much! This one's adorable. Sweet as pie.

Posts: 3613 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: Dec 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeeingStars
posted Hide Post
And here's the back side, with those beautiful stitches along the lattice and a label too.

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Oh Kayla, what a sweet idea! Love it. I love your label also. I've got to get better about adding a label.One question - strawberry, cherry or raspberry?

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Kim - happy you like your Mugrug it was fun to make

Joan - the fabric is actually raspberries

This message has been edited. Last edited by: KaylaQuilts,

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
What a darling idea! Makes me hungrySmile

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Sue Stitches i will be mailing your mugrug tomorrow (wed). I hope you like it and enjoy using it. Smile

Patsy

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
KaylaQuilts, that's such an adorable mug rug. It looks good enough to gobble up. Wink This swap is starting out with a bang!

Nicki

Posts: 8263 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
oh wow kaylaquilts, that is the cutest mugrug ever. i love it!

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
SueB - did you get mine today? USPS tracking says it was delivered. I'm always nervous until it gets in the right hands!

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
WOW Kayla that is a great mug rug really looks like you could take a bite.
Love your label as well.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
I love, love the Pie !!! So creative.
Rozhearts yours is in the works, hoping to have it done over the weekend.

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post