Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Dontcha hate it when...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dontcha hate it when... Sign In/Join 
Picture of StarrySky
posted
...You get all fired up to sew something & then you discover you don't have ONE thing you need...just one darn thing... Mad It could be the right thread, or the right interfacing, or the right size button, or the right color beads, or ???

In this case, it's a zipper, and the color/size I need is something that has to be special ordered. So it'll be about 3 weeks til I get it. Frown There goes my afternoon! On to Plan B, I guess. Which does not include housework! Razz

This happens to me with recipes, too. I see something in a magazine...looks yummy...yep, I could make it today, except I don't have...a fresh orange to peel...a cup of plain yogurt...buttermilk...frozen blueberries...and so on. Then I put the ONE missing thing on the shopping list, pick it up next trip to the store, and promptly forget why I bought it or where I saw the recipe! Grrr!

Oh, and my big sewing room clean-out? The reason why I thought I could maybe just maybe actually think about possibly SEWING in there today? I spent 10 minutes trying to find the piece of fabric I KNOW I saw during the clean-out, and I KNOW I set aside to work with...it was RIGHT THERE before I started cleaning...now I can't find anything! Roll Eyes

My life -- always one beat behind. Big Grin

Posts: 6118 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 530 | Location: Kansas | Registered: Dec 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
So sorry! I have those moments frequently.

Posts: 787 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17357 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can relate. Not always but sometimes.

Posts: 15330 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltnanny
posted Hide Post
yep! been there, done that. I was making a handbag till I got to the part for the magnetic clips. didn't have any, on my list for the next time I shop, which won't be too soon cuz it's too darn cold to go shopping...yes, it does get too cold to shop!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltnanny,

Posts: 4448 | Location: Fabricologist Resource Center, NH | Registered: Mar 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I sort of feel ya. I was sick the past week and not feeling up to any sewing. Fast forward to yesterday, me being so excited because we were out of work due to snow, so I went upstairs to start sewing and not even a half hour into sewing and the dang power went off! I was so mad. I switched to embroidery for almost an hour before the power came back on so I could sew again.

Posts: 3315 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5901 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah.

I had a guest this weekend. Planned a lovely menu. Have made that recipie a jillion times. Didn't look at the directions. Bought "everything". Put all the ingredients out. Was missing a crucial part. Sighed. Put it all back.

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 9032 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes! I'm making pillowcases for DD and her fiance. Asked her 3 times to either tell me what size pillowcases she uses or to measure one.

Posts: 3016 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought sour cream and couldn't remember why. I have so much stuff in my pantry I can't find anything. Bought some tea today and found a brand new box in there. The sad thing is its typical.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sis2,

Posts: 2315 | Location: Arkansas Zone 7 | Registered: Aug 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies...misery loves company! Wave

I ended up wrapping a birthday present, making a card, and yakking on the phone, so all was not lost.

Posts: 6118 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
And we're having a party! Smile

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 9032 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
How about having a day to help write curriculum and a sub all planned? Guess what? Probably no school tomorrow because of ice, so planning meeting will be via email and phone (more time than I have) on top of teaching.

I don't even want to think about how many times I have gone into the kitchen to bake a cake and have not had sugar, flour, or butter. How does a baker not have those things in stock?

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6678 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue Stitches
posted Hide Post
Cleaning up is always dangerous! When I put things where they belong they are lost forever. Still looking for my old Loran floss organizer with 125 skeins of floss. I tell myself 20 year old floss must be bad - right?

Posts: 1114 | Location: Northern California  | Registered: Jan 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
I didnt'h avea zipper for a small bag I wanted tomake for afriend .got it andmad et he bad, mailed it withsome oher thingt s to Australia and sof ar she hasnt're cieved it.
darn keyboard!! can't type this slow.

CC

Posts: 4695 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post