Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  St Patrick's Day Postcard Swap Signups until Feb 28 - GROUPS POSTED!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St Patrick's Day Postcard Swap Signups until Feb 28 - GROUPS POSTED! Sign In/Join 
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I got a very similar one from Shishie1 yesterday. Can't find my memory card again but will post a pic when I do!

Will not be able to mail before Friday or Saturday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mcpatches,

Posts: 5669 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Shishi1 I love your design. Smile Looking forward to future swaps with you, Patsy and MaryAnn.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3121 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
that is great shishie, i love it. i got the front of mine done. i gotta buckle down and do the rest of it and get in mail.

shaking my head at those unkind comments about throwing them away. they are a work of art!

Posts: 4897 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i so missed being in PC swaps, I just love them. I have mine that I received in frames. They are little treasures, I just love making and receiving them.

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Mine went out Friday! I so hope everyone likes them. There isn't as much inspiration on the internet for St. Pat's day cards as there was for Valentine's Day!

Posts: 5669 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Got one from Patsy and one from Jackie today. Really like them both. Can't wait to see what Angela sends!

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Mary Ann,

Now I am really feeling the pressure!!! LOL

Gotta add some glitter and I think my PCs will be ready to go out tomorrow.

I've received cute cards already from Shishie, Califgal, Cr8tve, and my mom! With all these shamrocks I should be having lots of good luck!

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
mailed mine today!

Posts: 4897 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I mailed mine today....they are all the same but each is a little different!

I rec'd 2 in todays mail....Thanks Erma & Mary!! VERY CUTE!!! {will post a pic when the batteries for my camera charge up...can't beleive they are so low they won't take a pic & I didn't realize it....I always check that out...} :O

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I got one from Erma and one from fishingwidow.
So cute!

Posts: 7024 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i got a st. paddy's pc from jackie (CR8tve1) today. isn't it the cutiest pc? thank you Jackie i love it.

Patsy

Posts: 3412 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Glad to see so cute PC's arriving. I got one from Happy Erm. Thanks much Erma.

I was at my sister's about a month ago. When I make PC's I usually send her one. She had all the Valentine PC's that I and DD Angelinamor sent over the past 3-4 years. She put little round magnets on them and stuck them on the fridge. They looked so nice!! I thought it was such a good idea. Of course you need room on the fridge which I am a little short of.

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I made this pc today, for a friend that is dealing w/ some medical issue! It isn't like any of the other St Patty pc's I sent out, so think it's safe to post a pic! Wink
{I just wove some ribbon and sewed them down}

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of the 2 I rec'd so far....

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I got a really cute pcs from Shishie and Calif Gal, love them! Thank you so much!

Sewluv2quilt, I like the braided one as well.

Posts: 3231 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
those are great! all different.

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Received a great lookin leprechaun hat from McPatches! Thanks!

For those in my group, check your mailboxes later this week. I went to the post office yesterday morning and my PCs are on their way (finally)!

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i received the leprechaun hat as well! nice job.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
look what i got in the mail today. My POT OF GOLD Smile This is from Angelinamor. thank you Angela i feel lucky now Smile, i'm taking this coin to Las Vegas next weekend and it's gonna bring me luck.

patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

posted Hide Post
oh my goodness, that is sooooo cute. is the coin chocolate?????

posted Hide Post
i pinned your card giving u full credit Angelinamor http://pinterest.com/pin/28429041370180649/

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
no it's not chocolate, isn't it cute

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Looks like I've got mine. All displayed on the fridge. My guests have more fun reading them and oohing and aahing over them. Thank you so much for all the beautiful work. Mine have been mailed out too. You should get them tomorrow or Saturday.

Posts: 7024 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
EvelynB,
I love how you have your PCs displayed! They look great!

I am glad the PCs I made are starting to arrive. The coins are plastic. I got a bagful at Joann's. They come in green and gold. I bought them a couple years ago and have been wanting to make "Pot o' Gold" PCs since then, so now was my chance!!

Califgal, I hope the coin brings you lots of luck! (Don't put it in a machine by mistake) ;-)

Mandy, thanks for posting my PC on pinterest. Now I feel famous - LOL!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelinamor,

posted Hide Post
oh i see you received my stepdancing cards! was afraid they wouldn't make it in time. my daughter does irish stepdancing as an adult and this year they have organized irish dance flash mobs at different venues, including a huge mall near here.

yes angelinamor, you are famous. i need to check to see if anyone "repinned" your pot o gold card.

posted Hide Post
ooh one person "repinned" on her quilted postcard pinterest board. u are officially famous.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
McPatches and Angelinamor, I received your cards day before yesterday and just now able to get on the computer. They are so pretty, thank you so much!

I need some luck (rubbing coin)! Smile

Posts: 3231 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Cr8tve1,

I am glad to hear your PC arrived in time. I just talked to my mom and she still hasn't received the PC I sent her. I was worried the midwestern/eastern addresses might not get there in time. Maybe it's just her post office...

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Angela, I haven't received yours yet either! I've been watching to see if Patsy received mine, but don't think so and I mailed way before you did!

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Mary Ann,

The post office delivery has been... variable! I don't know how some mail can go coast to coast just fine and other deliveries are so delayed. It was like that when we mailed the Christmas stockings!

Well, this just gives you guys an excuse to celebrate longer!! LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelinamor,

posted Hide Post
I received 3, one from califal, angela, and mcpatches, i love them, they are treasures!

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I have all of mine. They look so cute on the shelf, perfect way to celebrate St Patrick's day!

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3121 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I think everyone has rec'd my pc so I'll post pic's...here is the 1 I sent to Fishingwidow...

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Here's Mandylifeboat's....

They are all similar but quilting is different.

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Here's HappyErm's...

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
...and last {but not least} is EvelynB's....

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Shishie, you haven't received the one from me yet? I sent it the same time as the others. Is your mail usually on time? I can make another one and send if you don't get it in the next day or two.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Mary Ann i got my pc from you yesterday. love it, ty u so much.

patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

posted Hide Post
my mail is bad, let's give it a bit more time

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Since all of mine have been received, here's a pic of them together. The pot of gold is a snowglobe type gold under the snowglobe and the irish one is woven fabric. I tried to make each different, but it appears Fishingwidow, Angeliamore and I think alike!

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Angela -
got your pot of gold in the mail today! Love the fabric you used for the rainbow. Need to take a pic of the ones I've gotten and post it soon.

posted Hide Post
these are all so creative, we have come a long way. received yours today sewlove2quilt. it's a keeper, thank you!

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'm still waiting on 1 from EvelynB...

I can't believe that some get there quickly and others take the slowww pony express!!

Love them ALL but esp the rainbow 1's!! Big Grin

posted Hide Post
received a beautiful embroidered postcard from EvelynB with a great sentiment

Bless your little irish heart and every other irish part!

love how u incorporated a paper backing to the postcard.

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I rec'd mine from Evelyn today, also! It's just like the 1 Susan posted {above}. Big Grin

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Shishie, did you ever get my pc?

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Shishie, guess what I got in the mail yesterday - your postcard! I don't know why it was sent back to me unless they couldn't read the address? IDK, I put it in an envelope and mailed it to you so I hope at least you get it! Sorry for the delay. It was processed on the 6.th

posted Hide Post
I got the pc today, Thank you I love it!. I am so sorry there was a glitch with the mail, but so very happy I received it,It is lovely and matches the tablecloth I have. Thank you again, I love it!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
WOW, that still seemed like a long time to reach you. I am glad you finally got it!