Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  St Patrick's Day Postcard Swap Signups until Feb 28 - GROUPS POSTED!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

St Patrick's Day Postcard Swap Signups until Feb 28 - GROUPS POSTED! Sign In/Join 
Picture of angelinamor
posted
My mom, Fishingwidow, will be coordinating a PC swap for St Patrick's Day.

Please sign up on this thread by 28 Feb and send a PM to Fishingwidow with your mailing address.

Like the Valentine PC swap, groups will have 4 or 5 members, so you will only have 3 or 4 postcards to make.

Groups will be posted on 1 or 2 March. Mail your postcards so your group members receive them before St Patrick's Day on 17 March. Fun! Fun! Fun!

There were some cuties and beauties for Valentine's Day - can't wait to see the creations for St Patrick's Day!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelinamor,

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Oh! I forgot to mention that my mom had to go out-of-town this weekend for a funeral, so she won't be posting to this thread until early next week. Thanks for your patience.

P.S. Mom, sign me up for this swap!

Signups to date (27 Feb)

Fishingwidow
Angelinamor
Califgal
McPatches
Mandylifeboats
Sewlove2quilt
Happy Erme
Cr8tve1
Shishie1
EvelynB

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelinamor,

Posts: 602 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i wanna play again, sign me up

patsy

Posts: 3408 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
and I will make 3 signed up! PM sent.

Posts: 5666 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Come One! Come All!

Join in the fun of a postcard swap. Signups until the end of the month.

Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
sign me up please.

Posts: 4895 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard, Mandylifeboats! LOL

It's been a long time since I was in a PC swap with you. Glad to have you!

posted Hide Post
yep!

Posts: 4895 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I'm IN!! IF you don't have my info, let me know, k? {but I really think you already have it though-nothing's changed} Wink

These are sooooo FUN to make & rec'd!!

LOVE all the ones shown in the Valentine PC Swap!!! Big Grin

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Sign me up Smile

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3117 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
yay Ermie is gonna play!!! Smile

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Me too!

Posts: 3230 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
yay jackie Smile

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
got my fabric for the pc's for St. Patty's day if i feel better tomorrow i will start sewing. been sick with a cold since tuesday. i hate being sick. enough already with this cold.

patsy

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Yay! It looks like we will have a good group for the St Patty's Day PC swap. A few more days for signups then Mom will post the groups!

My mom was out of town last weekend and then came down with that stomach bug, so she hasn't been online for a while. I think she is starting to feel better so may be back online soon!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
can't wait, i finished 4 pc's for the swap, i'm ready, unless we need to make more than 4. Smile

Patsy

posted Hide Post
I would like to sign up for this swap, I PM'd fishingwidow with my information.

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Shishie1, welcome! If this is your first time in a PC swap, beware, you could become hooked like the rest of us! LOL

I am getting ready to call my mom, so I will remind her to look for your info.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I am almost back to normal. Went to a family funeral in PA. Someone passed me some germs and when I got back home had some kind of virus. I am better, just not 100 % yet, and the DH husband then got it too. So have been a little slow here.

So will check out my PM info and post the groups later in the week. Looks like we will be having two groups.

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how much to send a postcard these days? last time i sent one, it was 65 cents.

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I'm not going to be able to swap this time as I'm traveling. Next time.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Sign me up.
Evelyn

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Today is he 28th and I have formed two groups for the St. Patrick's Day PC Swap.

Here is group # 1.

Fishingwidow
Evelyn B.
Happy Erm
Mandylifeboats
Sewlove2quilt

And group # 2

Angelinamor
Californiagal
Cr8tve1
McPatches
Shishie1

I will PM the address info. So we can get ready for green beer and PC's for St. Paddy's day when everyone is Irish.

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I will PM the addresses to everyone. Shishie 1, can you PM me your address again as I don't seem to have received the first one. After I get it, them I will PM all addresses to group # 2.

Thanks
Mary

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fishingwidow,

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i'm done , just need some addresses.

Patsy

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Got all the addresses posted today!

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Got my PM!

Patsy, you're an overachiever! LOL!

Posts: 5666 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
LOL true... but i have time to do these things now that i am happily retired.

Patsy

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
I am too, but I've only got one done!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Mine are almost done. If I get in gear, I could finish them today and maybe get in the mail tomorrow.

Mary

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Got 2-1/2 done. Don't think I can get them finished today, but soon!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i'm done and will mail them sometime this coming week.

patsy

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Working on mine today. So many choices. Trashed the first two I made but I'm liking the one I'm making now. I do love showing these off to friends. They're amazed that anyone would send such treasures to strangers. But we're not strangers, we have lots and lots in common and I know so many little secrets about all of you.Wink Wink Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EvelynB,

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Working on mine today. I also trashed one. I had a friend say they are nice but I would not know what to do with except toss it out after the holiday's. I showed her my box full and she did not seem impressed. I fact she said "A lot of time was wasted on some of these." I told her I treasure each dearly and love making them. Needless to say she will never get one from me.

Erma

Posts: 3117 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
well we can sure tell she isn't a quilter. i love getting PC's i have mine in an album.

patsy

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Oh Erme! What a horrible thing to say! Everyone needs a creative outlet and making postcards and quilts happens to be mine. Bet she doesn't appreciate hand made quilts, either. I'm with Patsy, I have every one (all of 5) postcards I ever received.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I've gone to many friends' homes and they have my postcards displayed on their fridge or a table. It tells them I appreciate them enough to spend time making something personal. I love using them for a card on a baby gift. Then they end up in the baby book or used as decoration. Why spend $3 for a paper card that's not as interesting?

Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
I attempted to make mine but inspiration flew out the window and I trashed what I started...put everything away til later {hopefully tues afternoon}.

When I showed a co-worker the ones I made for the Valentine swap she said "What do you do w/ them?" I told her I have them in an album. Her response was "I'd just throw them away after the holiday." {shaking my head over her statment~~geeesh}

I personally LOVE everyone I get and can't imagine throwing any away!!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6784 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mine are done and addressed ready to post this week. Now I'm having fun making more for friends and family. When you've already got a mess, you might as well keep messing it up.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i would NEVER throw anything away that one of my quilting friends made me. Non-quilters don't get it LOL

patsy

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
I keep all my postcards and have hanging on my sewing room wall, where I can see them everyday. It gives me a warm feeling when I look at them and think of my quilty friends.

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Evelyn, don't feel bad. This is the floor behind my sewing machine chair. And take my word for it, the sewing machine is just as bad.

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Finished mine today. Hope to mail tomorrow. Smile I did make a mess today but it was so worth it. I had the house all to myself.
I keep mine in a great big hat box. I display them by the month. If I am in a swap I will use the new ones, If not I will pull some from my box. Sometimes like for Halloween there are several of my favorites all around.

Erma

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Shoot, went to send out PCs and I don't see addresses. Could you resend mine to me at cr8tve1.

Posts: 3230 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I sent a new PM to you with the addresses!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
mailed my pc's today.

Patsy

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
got my first St. Patrick's Day pc from Denise (Shishie) isn't it cute?, i love it. thank you Denise.

Patsy

P.S. i forgot to mention that she actually mailed it with a stamp. It has the cancelled stamp on it. Love it!!!!!!!!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I will have them in the mail tomorrow.

posted Hide Post
I am so glad that you love it Califal(Patsy). I really enjoy having the postmark when I receive my PC's. Sometimes when I go to the PO they have me put on a 65 stamp because of hand cancelling, this time they said regular stamp. You never know.

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago | Registered: Sep 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post