Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Off Topic- "Roverhaul"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Off Topic- "Roverhaul" Sign In/Join 
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted
http://youtu.be/MNxBC3DqnIM

This is the shelter where i volunteer my time and talents. My cage comforters go here.(i am also making some valances out of red doggy fabric, for the casement windows)
This is a Utube video, in case you have slow connection.

Posts: 11810 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Fantastic so happy for the babies

Kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 705 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
What a great project you have adopted. We are still involved with a shelter we helped started many years ago. For a time, there were several of us that "housed" strays in our homes till we could get them adopted. With the help of several businesses, we built a shelter which is still used today with many new additions over the years. Three of our dogs were shelter dogs and they were wonderful pets.
amiko

Posts: 368 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Great cause, Kim! I enjoyed seeing the Roverhaul video and the facility looks so much nicer now. Who knew that there were even one gallon water heaters available?!? So glad that they have a full size one now.

Posts: 5028 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pvillelou
posted Hide Post
quote:
My cage comforters go here.

This is NOT off-topic since you make the cage comforters for them.

Posts: 6478 | Registered: Nov 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
I didn't get any sound when I watched it. However, I did get the jest of it. Great to see the involvement. 2 thumbs up!!!

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2938 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Patty, got a package yesterday from Pat here at HGTV , at the shelter..she was so touched, she was crying. She posted a thank you on her FB board..

"We got a package in the mail today all the way from Arizona! Thank you Pat Shields for the cute doggie bandanas!!! Can't wait for the poochies to try them on. Pat is friends w one of our volunteers."

The little bandannas are so cute! will use them to take pictures of these rescues!

Posts: 11810 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
As a volunteer with "Cattitude", a mostly cat rescue, "Happy Paws", a mostly dog rescue, and a worker at a vet hospital in the boarding and kennels, I share your love for animals and I just LOVE what they did for the shelter! It's so great that you are a part of it Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know, what a difference! thanks for looking at the video! It will be a long summer, the kitties and mama's are coming in already. so sad. Blessings! Kim