Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2014 "I Believe In Snowmen" Sew Along -8th Installment - WINNER Posted
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2014 "I Believe In Snowmen" Sew Along -8th Installment - WINNER Posted Sign In/Join 
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted
Welcome to the "I Believe In Snowmen" Sew Along 2014! Installment #8!

Bunny Hill has a really sweet redwork snowmen BOM that is now available and would make a fabulous sew along for 2014. Visit this link to see close ups of it.

http://www.bunnyhilldesigns.co...ls/?product=ibelsnow

During the sew along, two of the redwork blocks will be due as well as two of the accompanying red/white block sections.... We will have to do it this way to be finished in time to use them for the 2014 Christmas holidays.

There is a map outline of the blocks for each installment included with your patterns. Please keep this handy and refer to it often so you do not work incorrect blocks for any current installment so your name is in for that prize.

I will be acquiring prizes from various quilt shops and everyone who uploads their photos on time each installment, will get their name in the pot for the prize offered that installment. You can only win a prize once in a 3 month period.

The owner of Bunny Hill has a video on the Fat Quarter Shop website giving a few pointers for the blocks so please go visit this link...

http://fatquartershop.blogspot...owmen-quilt-kit.html

Here is the schedule I have set up in order for us to have our quilts finished and ready to use for Christmas 2014.

I will start a brand new thread for each installment as we go. PLEASE do not upload any other photos but the current blocks we are working on. Thank you.

1. January 1 - January 28 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #1 and #2 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on January 29th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 35.00 gift certificate from Crazy Quilting Supplies. www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com - WINNER: Cr8tve1

2. January 29 - February 25 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #3 and #4 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on February 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be Pat Sloan's "The Perfect Box Of Colors" thread collection by Aurifil! www.patsloan.com - WINNER: alexemmarose

3. February 26 - March 25 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #5 and #6 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on March 26th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com - WINNER: shey..

4. March 26 - April 22 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #7 and #8 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on April 23rd by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will come from the prize fund and will be a 25.00 gift certificate from Connecting Threads. www.connectingthreads.com - WINNER: quiltingnewbie2

5. April 23 - May 20 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #9 and #10 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on May 21st by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 50.00 gift certificate from Ann of Bunny Hill Designs. www.bunnyhilldesigns.com WINNER: mw8930

6. May 21 - June 17 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #11 and #12 AND 2 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on June 18th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be 3 patterns from Barb, at Bejeweled Quilts. Value of 24.00 https://www.etsy.com/shop/BejeweledQuilts WINNER: sjo

7. June 18 - July 15 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #13 and #14 AND 3 of the red/white log cabin blocks are due to post on July 16th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a surprise quilters package valued at 25.00 from Jessica at Paper Pieces. www.paperpieces.com

8. July 16 - August 12 --- Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #15 and #16 AND the 2 sets of 3 star blocks that are put together vertically and the one star block in the lower section are due to post on August 13th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

9. August 13 - September 9 --- Photos of the reindeer and stars applique strip at the top is due to post on September 10th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate to Jan Douglas Design. www.jandouglasdesign.com

10. September 10 - October 7 --- Photos of the lower strip which contains the 3 houses, tree, and 2 embroidered skiers is due to post by October 8th by 7 a.m. Eastern time.

11. October 8 - November 4 --- Photos of completed quilt tops are to be posted on November 5th by 7 a.m. Eastern time. All sashing and borders have been applied and it is ready for quilting! Prize will be a 25.00 gift certificate from The Fat Quarter Shop. www.fatquartershop.com

The red triangle border optional... you will not be required to put it on your quilt...but I do think it sets everything off. You can add it, leave it off, or add another style border in its place... but your quilt must have at least one finishing border on it. Smile

12. November 5 - December 10 --- Photos of finished quilts WITH binding are to be posted on December 11th by 7 a.m. Eastern time.

Then enjoy your quilts for the 2014 Christmas season!

IF you cannot upload photos to the forum as we work each installment, you can email or pm me a photo of your block and I can upload it for you. IF you need to do this do not wait until the last minute to email me the photo. ALL emailed photos should be in my inbox the day before they are due. This gives me time to re-size and get them posted on time.

Participants

alexemmarose
shequilts
warmbuns
Cr8tve1
irish62
kaylin
darn75
ivy_cottage81
crazy'boutquilts
Shawkl
fishingwidow
ely
quiltingnewbie2
DJBrown
tisme
mw8930
sjo
GaAngel97
shey..

Link to Installment #1 Photos here: http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...632/m/7703952597/p/1

Link to Installment #2 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...632/m/4613909008/p/1

Link to Installment #3 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/1993935108

Link to Installment #4 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/3813990208

Link to Installment #5 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/7763956208

Link to Installment #6 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...633987308#8633987308

Link to Installment #7 Photos here:
http://boards.hgtv.com/eve/for...4011632/m/3733987308

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25891 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
We have 2 new sponsors! Please check out their websites!

Jessica at Paper Pieces. www.paperpieces.com

Jan Douglas Design. www.jandouglasdesign.com

Posts: 25891 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltingnewbie2
posted Hide Post
here is one

Posts: 1193 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
heres the other

Posts: 1193 | Location: Still lost in a quilt store.... | Registered: Mar 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

Posts: 61 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jun 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello my stitch friends! here are a couple of pix of my 8th installment to share...

Posts: 3575 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and the other vertical star blocks...

Posts: 3575 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Got to get busy on this. Have been on vacation and had things to catch up on so now time to get back in gear.

Mary

PS. Nice job ladies!

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ladies... be sure to get your 3 star blocks completed if you have not done those yet. By the next 2 installments we will be doing the top and bottom borders.

quiltingnewbie.. did you get your star blocks or did you do them last time..

sjo... do you have your 3 star blocks finished as well?

This catches us up to speed for this round... If you showed any of the star blocks previously..please remind me : (Photos of EMBROIDERED BLOCKS #15 and #16 AND the 2 sets of 3 star blocks that are put together vertically and the one star block in the lower section)

alexemmarose Smile
shequilts
warmbuns
Cr8tve1 Smile
irish62
kaylin
darn75
ivy_cottage81
crazy'boutquilts
Shawkl
fishingwidow
ely
quiltingnewbie2 Smile
DJBrown
tisme
mw8930
sjo
GaAngel97
shey..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quiltaholic,

posted Hide Post
Q..

Not sure if I sent pictures of the star blocks or not...they are done so I will take a picture tonight of the top as they are all sewn together right now...just working on the top and bottom appliqued borders.....

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
okie dokie.. thanks a bunch. Smile

posted Hide Post
here they are

posted Hide Post
and the other 3

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I think these are what are due this month? I will definitely have to quilt something in the center squares of the stars.

Posts: 3317 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
MIne are done. Just need to take my pic and post.

Mary

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Looking good ladies. I have to get my star blocks completed - probably this weekend.

Posts: 325 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Have to charge my camera and then will post. Q, cx your PM for my order. I did add another item to the thread. And let me know the cost.

Mary

posted Hide Post
Everyone's blocks are looking really great...will have some beautiful quilts when we are done.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I just found out that I repeated making three of the embroidery blocks! Guess I will have to make a table runner or something out of them. Crazy - that's what I get for having my project in two places instead of one.

Posts: 3317 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
i'm STILL following the ORIGNINAL instructions that said this month is the last 2 embroidery blocks.. 1 log cabin block.. and the star block from the lower part of the applique section...

i'll do the 2 sets of 3 star blocks with installment 9 as originally instructed.. you had said that would be fine.. and that with installment 10 everyone would be back on the original track..

i just finished installment 8 (original version).. and will trim and post pics tomorrow.. edit... i don't know what i was thinking when i said i'd trim and post today... i have my entire downstairs torn up as they are putting in new floors for me.. and it's been this way since monday... HOPEFULLY.. they will finish up today and i can start to put my house back together.. lol... maybe over the weekend i can get to the trim and posting of this months installment..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: shey..,

shey..

my blog.. http://sheysstitchinmagic.blogspot.com/

"come hell .. come high water... you push on me.. i'm gonna push back harder... i got a whole lot more than a little bit left...

Posts: 3496 | Location: FL | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
The red triangle border is optional, is that the flying geese one? If I wanted to do prairie points instead?

Do we have to sew the blocks together like the instructions have or can we be cr8tve? I was thinking of a different layout.

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
yes.. by installment 10 we will be out of the mess I got us all in... sorry ladies.

Jackie.. You do not even have to add the border but if you do, if you want to change it to prairie points, that is perfectly fine as well as setting them in your own design.. Just as long as all of the blocks are sewn together in to a top, it doesnt really matter how it is done. Smile

Picture of shequilts
posted Hide Post
I started a new job, 2 graduations, a wedding well need I say more? Life goes on, but I did get my 8th installment finished. My blue blocks anyway. When I get my green ones done I'll post them.

Sew, sew, and sew some more that's my motto!

Posts: 741 | Location: Eaton, OH  | Registered: Apr 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Finally got my pictures taken. Here is pic # 1.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
And here is pic. # 2.

Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
I was going to wait with the stars until next month, but decided to get them off the ironing board. Wink

Posts: 10683 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shey..
posted Hide Post
here's the golds .. installment 8..

shey..

my blog.. http://sheysstitchinmagic.blogspot.com/

"come hell .. come high water... you push on me.. i'm gonna push back harder... i got a whole lot more than a little bit left...

Posts: 3496 | Location: FL | Registered: Jun 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love your star shey!! Smile

Posts: 10683 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
so pretty shey!

Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Here's my blocks for this month. I've got to get back ahead.

Posts: 325 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mw8930
posted Hide Post
Shey - love that star block! Beautiful!

Marj

Picture of ivy_cottage81
posted Hide Post
...here are mine.

ivy

Posts: 769 | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Well, we have 11 including me to be finished this time so that is a good number. I didnt get my photos made but my work is done. This house has been nothing but chaos for a few weeks. We leave today, me and Libby, to take Allie home and stay for a week to visit. it will be good to get back home and back to my normal routine... if I have a normal routine. lol

Our winner for this round is none other than ivy_cottage81!! You have won the 25.00 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop! Congrats!

alexemmarose Smile
shequilts Smile
Cr8tve1 Smile
ivy_cottage81 Smile WINNER!
crazy'boutquilts Smile
fishingwidow Smile
quiltingnewbie2 Smile
mw8930 Smile
sjo Smile
shey.. Smile

ely
warmbuns
irish62
kaylin
darn75
Shawkl
DJBrown
tisme
GaAngel97

Picture of ivy_cottage81
posted Hide Post
HA...! Thanks, Q!
Insomnia paid off this time. :-O
I thought for sure they were due the morning of the 14th at 7a.m.

Sent you a pm with my info.

ivy

Posts: 769 | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations ivy! Smile

posted Hide Post

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Picture of darn75
posted Hide Post
Finished #8 also! Almost there!!!

Posts: 490 | Registered: Oct 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post