Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Hex N More Ruler?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hex N More Ruler? Sign In/Join 
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted
Do you have this ruler? What do you think of it?

I've been seeing it in blogs and it looks interesting to me. I'm curious to find out about it from someone who has it and has used it.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Will Quilt for Chocolate,

Posts: 4787 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
can't help you! I've never seen one of these before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Omma5
posted Hide Post
Not only have I seen it.....we are selling it at the viking sewing gallery were i work and i have already taught 4 classes on how to use it. There are 3 new patterns that were put out at the same time that you can make with it. Two quilts and some pillows. I am on my nook.....but tomorrow when im on the computer i will post some pics of the pillows we made in my class. I love this thing!

Posts: 4223 | Location: New York | Registered: Feb 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Here's a quick brief on a 4 hour quilt top made using the ruler ... what have you done Jill? After hearing Omma praise the ruler I want one...I love hexies especially if they are easy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiFxkkLPMSg

and another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Un61cRdQbY

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kentucky_Sunshine,

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh no! What DID I start?!! I watched the second video this afternoon. I wondered if that ruler could really be that good?!!

Omma's got me wanting it for sure! Can't wait to see those pictures!

Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
for some reason I hate multiple rulers like those. I do have Nancy's Notions Grandmother flower garden ruler though, well templates. plastic with slits where you mark sizes of tumblers or hexagons. I just used them both and made quilt tops.
I tend to like to mark and cut with scissors. no problem for me.
I just watched a video on this ruler, interesting. like the "jewel" cut but would need the patterns. nice though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: native Texan,

CC

Posts: 4591 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I watched part of the youtube video the other day and want to go back and see more. I need another ruler like a hole in the head, but it got me curious.

Posts: 5024 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with you Lisa, I don't need another ruler... but... that second video sure makes me want to purchase it! You can make so many shapes with it! So clever!

Posts: 2236 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
Gee thanks Jill!! And Trish!! Now I'm going to be looking for this ruler to buy! :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I liked all the patterns. What a junkie I am. Great possibilities.

Posts: 9458 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was hoping that Joann's sold it, so I could use a coupon, but they don't appear to sell it.

Nancy's Notions, on the other hand, has it. AND, if you like the Lotus pattern, they have a combo for a pretty good deal.

I'm so tempted, but that would make me break my New Years Resolution...again!

Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I can't believe it but Amazon doesn't have it.

But ebay does for about the same price as Nancy's Notions. Guess the difference would be the shipping costs. ebay cost is $2.50 while Nancy's is $6.95.

It looks as if there are some patterns on ebay also.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html...r&_sacat=0&_from=R40

It's an interesting ruler.

Posts: 5888 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't find the combo with the Lotus pattern...did I miss that?

Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4591 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
I'm very tempted to order it from ebay along with the patterns...theres a big difference in shipping cost for me and I love saving cash...LOL...as if purchasing a new ruler and patterns is saving Razz

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishQuiltLass
posted Hide Post
I bought this at a show recently and so glad to see the videos.

Thanks
Lee

Go raibh grá, ádh, muinín agus dóchas agat i gcónaí
May you always have hope, faith, love, and luck

Posts: 1610 | Location: Mountain View, CA | Registered: Aug 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the hex n more ruler at JoAnns in the sewing machine department. I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ended up buying it at a LQS while I was at retreat! I also bought the Lotus pattern too. Haven't had time to work with it though.

Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I hope that the retreat was lots of fun Smile. Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you try out the ruler.

Just what I need . . . temptation to buy another tool. Guess that is part of the fun, right? I'll see how long my willpower holds up Cool.

Posts: 5024 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The retreat was fun. A nice getaway! I actually got more than one block sewn!