Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  MARCH Stashbusting -->
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MARCH Stashbusting --> Sign In/Join 
Picture of SDgranny
posted Hide Post
Really lots of pretty projects this month. Precious- love your purse.

sdgranny
www.picturetrail.com/sdgranny
So much fabric-so little time

Posts: 817 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: Apr 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great job Precious!

I also like the St. Patricks' Day project- very festive!

About 95% done hand quilting an Eastery project- the Mystery Mayhem basket New Year's mystery from a couple of years ago. Even the binding is from stash, which just fits!

Posts: 1658 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
This months project was easy Big Grin. 2/3 of it was done in Feb., but I finished the hand quilting and binding the first week of this month.

I doubt I'll have anything in April, I got out Roll Roll Cotton Boll to finish. (king size Bonnie Hunter mystery) And finishing means hand quilting because me and that long arm in the other room are NOT getting along!

Posts: 979 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
The next one.... I know, crappy photo, I will spend more time when it's DONE Smile

Deb

posted Hide Post
BEAUTIFUL quilts DJ ... I especially LOVE that scrappy pattern from Bonnie Hunter ... that's on my "one day" list Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Such beautiful quilts.

Got 2 finished. This one is from my stash. The other I posted on the Weekly thread. Both for crime victims.

Posts: 7994 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
SS, that purse that Precious made is so cute.Even has a zipper?? It looks like she has grown up just since we were in Branson. Great job Precious.
Loving all of the projects that are posted this month. I really have to get going and do something. I keep telling Sue that I'll do something, but I dither and play on the computer and don't get any sewing done. Frown

Posts: 7852 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
DJ, love both quilts!

Elainetoo, love both of your quilts, too. l saw the other one on the other thread.

l was hoping to get much more done this month but it's not happening. **cough**cough** blow**blow**! Yuck!!!

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9384 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
So here's what I've been working on and just finished last night: my 100 square block queen size quilt. We were in Texas for a week but before and after that, I've been working on this quilt every single day! machine quilting it on my regular little Janome! It is actually on our bed now and will stay there- this one isn't going to be given away!! (I know, I'm being selfish!)

pat

Posts: 5052 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
I made a new tote bag for work. I had some panels with a coordinate fabric in my box of maybe I should give aways. Decided they would perfect. It has five pockets inside and a crossbody strap.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatriciaAnne
posted Hide Post
Also did the March HGTV BOM.

Posts: 486 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of char77
posted Hide Post
Awesome goodies everyone! So inspiring!
A couple friends and I had a virtual sew-in for National Quilting Day. I made this tablerunner from stash - the borders are purple, not blue. The flower patterns are from fatcat.com - I love her work!

Char

Posts: 3653 | Location: michigan | Registered: Sep 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Worked all day Sat. after finding material in my stash for the back and an sheet that was in my stash of sheets (had 2 of this one). Even had the webbing in my box of zippers & etc. Saw a picture on Pintrest and needed one for our newly adopted Lab so she can go with us. It does duel duty because I can move it from the car to the pick up. Here it is the dog hammock for the back seat.

Margie

Posts: 1279 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Also got into my stash of selvages a few days ago. Here is the front

Margie

Posts: 1279 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
And the back. One purse was to big and the other to small so tried to make this a size in between.

Margie

Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Margie, I love your selvedge purse.

I was buzzing along today putting the rows together when I was rudely startled by this. Think I ought to correct it?? Smile

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6235 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
yeah, probably... :/

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
FFG oops Smile

Picture of Mary J
posted Hide Post
I made a few pillow covers. 2 are for Easter and the pink flamingo one for my sun porch.

Posts: 5174 | Location: Cornfields of Indiana | Registered: Sep 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin L~O~V~E all the projects being finished/made!! Big Grin Big Grin

I made this B~I~G tote, from selvages, to hold my rulers, cutting mat, extension table {for my sewing machine} & misc when I go to retreats & take classes! It measures 20" wide x 24" tall x 6" sides. {it already has a ruler and my extension table in it, for this pic} It's completely from my stash, including the lining!

This is side 1...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sewlove2quilt,

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6785 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
...here is the other side! It has pockets inside, too!!

I can't tell you how many times I've dropped my extension table {it has a big chip on 1 of the corners and 2 of the legs are broke and duck taped together} so this tote was long over due to be made!! Going to a weekend quilt retreat apr 12 & can't wait to use it!!! Wink

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6785 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Farm Girl, that picture looks a lot like the stars I did a while back. Nice to know I'm not the only one!!!

Sewlove, looks like we both had a thing for selvages this month. Looks like you used a lot more than I did tho! Good Job!

Margie

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I am so impressed with everyone's work this month. Such a wonderful variety of projects. I haven't had much time for sewing but I am itching to get back to play. I'm wishing now that I hadn't thrown away all those selvedges for years!
joan

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewandsew
posted Hide Post
I think this is everyone's favorite thread. Great projects to see and inspire. Use up that stash--you can't take it with you.

Posts: 563 | Location: Home | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Another month of great items and remembrances of things I would like to do some day!

Managed 5 rwb pillow cases this month but no picture yet... Chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Lots of nice projects again this month.You ladies sure are creative. I like that dog hammock, goaskmom, It would be nice to have something that doesn't shift around when the dog moves around in the backseat. Might have to make one of these. Thanks for the idea.

Posts: 7852 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
For March stashbusting, I finished the Hexie Stashbusting Swap (due in May) with 100 hexies. And with just small pieces left, I pretty much used up the random pieces of fabric I had in piles. It felt really good to get those stacks mailed off with only the 30's Repro Hexie Swap to finish - Only 15 sets left in that one. I owned zero 30's fabrics so having an excuse to fabric shop was nice.

I have to say, handquilting bits of my stash really helped.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 424 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOVE this thread... lots of cool projects shown Cool

Here's something I whipped up last nite ... needed a mugrug, and this is fun! Smile

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Chicky, that sure is cute. TFS

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I can't show pics because it's the COF RR; but I used abt 19" of one fabric and 14" of another fabric.
I need to make some portable crib sheets for the church nursery. I plan to use some of my flannel stash. We have one 6 mos old and another baby to be born any day now. This way the mom's can switch the sheets between babies. This project should also bust a lot of my flannel.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3543 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
So many cute projects. Sewlove - I love your tote bag. I need to add that to my "someday" pile. And, Goaskmom, I love your purse as well. I'm being drawn to salvage projects.

Posts: 724 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
here is the RR row I made for WarmBuns - it's all from stash...

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4915 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Very nice work ladies this month. Look at all of the fabric being used. Nice job on the row by row Lori.

This is a 30's string quilt that has been years in the making. All from stash. It is the first large quilt I have ever quilted on my sewing machine. I used a polyester batting that I had won. I prefer warm and natural, but it is done.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2301 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Well, it's taken me half of forever it seems but l have 2 tops done for QWL all from stash! And they are RED/white/blue not pink as they look in the pic. Bad lighting at midnight! LOL

And, a big thank you goes to my DGS for ironing seams for me tonight!

======================

Posts: 9384 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post

======================

posted Hide Post
I made this for a wedding gift for my niece. The original pattern called for blues but I couldn't find enough that I really like so ended up using black, gray and whites and touch of red from my stash. I had purchased the white on white just to have and it worked for the background. I even pieced the backing with stash!
Susan

Posts: 706 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
I really love that Susan. I love the splash of red!

Posts: 4803 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I made pillowslips for the changing pad and portable crib for church. Here's the plastic cover

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3543 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
1 cover

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
another changing pad cover

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
I made 2 for the portable crib, used abt 4 yds of flannel. Didn't even make a dent in my flannel pile

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
2nd flannel

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
I've only gotten a couple of small things done from stash this month.

A little spring wallhanging (5.5" x 9.5")

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AngelaC,

Posts: 4578 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
and, some blocks for Sunshine Quilters (April)

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
And for Sunshine Quilter's (May)

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Lots of neat items again this month... Chris

Posts: 5874 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Good morning, ladies!

March was a very good stashbusting month for some of you Smile Let's see if we can't replenish that stash with 5 yds of pretty green fabric sent to me by Lumpy Tush as a prize for this month's winner. Thanks Lumpy Tush Smile

And without further ado, the winning name drawn from my pretty green basket is:

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
no need to send me your address, Lynn. I'll throw in a couple other items and get that sent out to you soon.

Congratulations to sewlove2quilt and to all our March stashbusters!March

On to April...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Congrats Sewlove2quilt!

Posts: 4803 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Sewlove2quilt!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2301 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post