Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Cancer Ribbon quilt RAFFLE ♥♥$1255 RAISED!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Ribbon quilt RAFFLE ♥♥$1255 RAISED!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
You done good.

Posts: 15330 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lindsay, Congrat's on a successful Relay for Life. It sure is encouraging to see so many Purple Survivor tee shirts walking the track. This event continues to inspire all of us. Sue

Posts: 1584 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
Altho the Relay is done, the quilt raffle goes on!

THANK YOU for all who have and ARE supporting this effort ... I received donations from ~

Rondiquilts
Carolyn Case
Royal Boomer

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT! And it's NOT TOO LATE to get your name in for the drawing ... and all funds received will go on this years books for ACS!

We are up to $488 now ... THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Get your tickets now, before it's too late ... please make your checks out to AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY .... and THANK YOU! <3

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Keeping this to the top for more raffle ticket sales!

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
I sent mine out saturday, sorry, i made it out to you. Frown

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
Whew! I just dashed out to catch my mail and change the check. Glad you mentioned it!!! Smile

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8832 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
That's ok if you do make it out to me ... I will cash it and put it in for the drawing Smile It'll all get counted for the cause! And THANK YOU for all who support either thru donations or pr@yers or walking for someone you love. I appreciate you ALL !!!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY!!! I received donations from ~~

KimStrut 526
Wiley
Wenonah

THAT PUTS US UP TO $588 as a donation to the American Cancer Society ....

THANK YOU ALL ... EVERYONE WHO HAS SENT DONATIONS for supporting the cause for cancer research !

and .... if YOU haven't gotten your chances to win the beautiful quilt, it's not too late. Drawing will be AUG 24th ... and your donation will count on this year's accounting books for the American Cancer Society.

And from the bottom of my heart .... THANK YOU!!! Quilters ARE the most generous of souls!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
I dropped mine at PO awhile ago SS I made it out to you too Smile Now to wait till you draw my name!!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8957 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
Mine was dropped into the mail yesterday.

Smile

Posts: 5047 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
It is all this research that saved the life of a very dear friend of mine. She had been battling lung cancer the past several months - today they got the news THEY WON - the cancer is gone. Even the doctor cried. I had a fight with melanoma several years ago....it was the cutting edge research trials that I was a part of that isolated which direction the cancer would travel - mine turned out to be in a direction they would not have considered -

All this to say what a worthwhile charity this is.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
ROYAL BOOMER ! PTL !!!!! That's why people do fundraising for American Cancer Society ... so we can have MORE great stories like that ... and make a lot more birthdays!

Just blessed my heart to read that ... and then this weekend and today, I received some MORE VERY GENEROUS DONATIONS!!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS ~~

NancyC20
Jacky
Lisa Tx
Julie Naile (friend in MO)
Donna Maier (friend in CA)

THANK YOU ALL for your continued support and hope that ONE DAY WE CAN GET A CURE!!!

So that brings our TOTAL SO FAR TO ....

$758 Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I never thought it would raise this much ... but then, I musta forgot that QUILTERS AND FRIENDS ARE THE MOST GENEROUS OF SOULS!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH .... TICKETS STILL SELLING TIL WE DRAW ON AUGUST 24th !!!

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
don't you KNOW I was so proud of all my friends who support such a worth while cause! I turned in another batch of money to American Cancer Society today ... I am SOOOOO very blessed to have y'all as friends ♥♥

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
OMGosh!!! I have THE MOST GENEROUS FRIENDS ON EARTH!!! In starting this quilt, I just wanted to help my Relay for Life team ... I was hoping to maybe make a couple hundred dollars ...

I underestimated my friends ... and I underestimated my G0d ...

I have received donations to the raffle from ~

Fleur 55
Elsie 123
Malou & Don
and ALL my COF friends who supported the efforts!

All the tickets are filled out ... this batch money is ready to go to the American Cancer Society ... and I just got thru totaling it all up.

BEYOND MY WILDEST DREAMS AND EXPECTATIONS .... WE ARE NOW UP TO $1203 !!!!!

all I can say is THANK YOU ... THANK YOU .... THANK YOU !!!

I'm still accepting donations for the raffle ... Alot of gals said that if they won, they would like to donate it to their local cancer center to hold a raffle for their area ... or some have said they would like to see it hanging in a center for all to see. I would love to see it be a "perpetual" fundraiser to fight this dreaded disease that affects so many we know and love.

♥♥ THANK YOU ALL for your love and support. I am humbled by your generosity and love ♥♥

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
What an awesome idea the never ending raffle quilt to wipe out cancer,we could just keep a raffle going in our own areas and show it here!!! You and your quilt ROCK SS !!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8957 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
Actually, Jacky, the quilt was a spur of the moment idea that turned into therapy for me, but MY FRIENDS ROCK! Thank you to everyone!

posted Hide Post
SavedSinnr- If I win, I want to display it in the Racine Cancer Center just to show them that we can beat this disease. You are doing great with your raffle. Sue

Posts: 1584 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
thanks Sister Sue Smile I'd love to see it on display somewhere or keep on earning money for cancer research ♥♥

It's going with me to my oncologist's office on Tuesday ... prayers appreciated ♥♥

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
GOOD MORNING ! Just want to keep this in the loop as the drawing for winning this cancer ribbon quilt is coming up on August 24th Smile
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS PARTICIPATING IN THE DRAWING ... YOUR WONDERFUL SUPPORT HAS RAISED OVER $1200 FOR CANCER RESEARCH!

I've been turning in the money as I go to the American Cancer Society ... they are all so appreciative!

And I am grateful for all the support and prayers for myself and others who are dealing with this disease, or are affected by loved ones suffering with it ... ONE DAY we may have a cure! And all of you are a part of that grand day!

The drawing is AUGUST 24th @ 5pm ... If you are in the Highlandville MO area, please come eat some good home cookin at the EE Restaurant with us and partake in the drawing! <3

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
DRAWING IS TOMORROW !!! We will be drawing the lucky winner at 11am at Lola's Pastries and Restaurant... it's a girl kinda place, good food from scratch, lots of different salads and healthy sandwiches ... and the most delicious desserts! The restaurant originally booked is closed for renovation this week (they forgot to look at their calendar)... so I moved it to Lola's ... not only is their food delicious, but they donated a portion of their sales for a whole day to Relay for Life Smile

AND .... Grandma Lola was a quilter. They used to have a hand pieced scrappy lone star on the wall as you walked in, but guess they thought better of it Smile It was BEAUTIFUL!

The team captain for the "Wild for a Cure" team will be drawing the winning ticket. I'm taking my Precious with me and will be posting the name and pictures of the drawing tomorrow.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO SPONSORED ME FOR MY RELAY WALK AND ALSO FOR THE QUILT RAFFLE!!! Because of ALL YOU who support Relay for Life, there has been $1250 raised just in the quilt raffle, to add to the total to add to the Relay. QUILTERS ARE THE MOST GENEROUS OF SOULS ... and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Where's the LIKE button. Have fun.

Posts: 8115 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
sorry for the delay ... DH has been tieing up my computer while his died Frown

This is me and Sarah ... she's the Relay for Life team captain for "Wild For A Cure" team I was on Smile

WE RAISED $1255 for the American Cancer Society .... THANK YOU FOR ALL WHO SUPPORTED THE RAFFLE, and congratulations to Julie Naile Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
Just a note ... Julie is a lucky duck! Last year in the RMH raffle, Julie won 2 quilts! Now she wins the cancer ribbon quilt. I think she is just blessed, because she always supports fund raising efforts that support causes and other people! I'll post a pic of her receiving the quilt! Smile

Her son and Precious are friends since pre-K, and still spend time together altho they don't live in the same town anymore. She's extremely happy!