Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Cancer Ribbon quilt RAFFLE ♥♥$1255 RAISED!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cancer Ribbon quilt RAFFLE ♥♥$1255 RAISED!!! Sign In/Join 
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted
I finished up this cancer ribbon quilt ... each cancer is represented by a colored ribbon set by the American Cancer Society, and each kind of ribbon is on this quilt. From the time I started, then printed out the list to re-check for accuracy, they had added 4 new ribbons Frown

This quilt will be raffled off and ALL funds raised will be given to Relay For Life / the American Cancer Society. Drawing will be held Aug 24th at a local restaurant with the team captain of my RFL team. Tickets are 2 each or 3 for 5 bucks... you can write a check to ACS...

In making this quilt, it was a project of love, many remembrances of loved ones who were lost by the different ribbons... many prayers ... many many tears ... and therapy for me as well, with my latest CLL diagnosis.

THANK YOU for your help with this, if you are led to do so. If not, pr@yers are appreciated that this would be used to help in the cause. And as always, THANK YOU FRIENDS for your inspiration and encouragement. Please PM me for more info <3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SavedSinnr,

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful tribute.

Posts: 8078 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Such a heart warming project.

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9522 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of emb115724
posted Hide Post
Great job , clever idea.

" Prayer is for the soul what nourishments is for the body."

Posts: 877 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quilting wifey
posted Hide Post
You have completed a wonderful work of art and love. I hope you get lots of takers on the fundraising.

Madelyn

Posts: 6158 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Jan 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Sending you a PM...

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gosh that quilt says soooo much,you did a wonderful job. Thank you

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10069 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Sending you a check in the mail tomorrow.

Come on, ladies, and rally around our good friend and support her and this very important mission!

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
A check will be in the mail tomorrow. I've seen that quilt in person ladies, it's beautiful!!!

Posts: 987 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SS, what a beautiful quilt!

Posts: 2304 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
Great job. Hope we can beat this thing called cancer in our lifetime. Kudos to you.
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quilt looks great and should be appreciated by all. PM sent to you. Sue

Posts: 1571 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Lindsay, that is a beautiful quilt. I'm sending you a check in the mail. I hope you raise a lot of money. We had our relay for life about a month ago.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2829 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Keeping this TTT!

posted Hide Post
Could you send me a PM with your address? I have Mantle Cell lymphoma and am lucky to be near 2 major cancer centers. If you are newly diagnosed believe half of what you read on the internet. There are many new medicines now being fast tracked by the FDA - and more on the horizon for leukemia and lymphoma patients. Such things are ibrutinib, a pill rather having to do chemo, etc.

Hang in there. We'll be thinking of you.

Posts: 628 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: Apr 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Lindsay,
Your quilt is wonderful just like you!

Posts: 636 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU for all the nice comments on the quilt ... it was part therapy, tears, pr@yers, and remembrances and probably the toughest quilt I've done yet. But oh so fulfilling,and I'm hoping this will be a successful fund raiser for Relay For Life Smile

and THANK YOU for all who are supporting the efforts thru the purchase of tickets. I will be taking it to my next oncology appointment, and hoping my doc will want to by LOTS of chances ... it would look SO GOOD in his office Smile Or any office or cancer center for that matter Smile

I will let you know when I receive your payments ... THANK YOU AGAIN for your support and encouragement. and bless all y'all ♥

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is a nice quilt. I like the blue you chose for the background. Looks good.
You put great effort into it.

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Apr 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shauna's crafty quilter
posted Hide Post
My check is in the mail too!! Love ya girl!! Great job!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Shoot for the Moon! Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars!!"

Posts: 3437 | Location: hopefully at my sewing machine | Registered: Apr 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Please send me your address so I can get come tkts.

Rondi

Posts: 1552 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
We LOVE you too! Group Hug

posted Hide Post
The check is on it's way. Thanks for posting a beautiful quilt. Sue

Posts: 1571 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU for all the support y'all give ... and each dollar raised will go to help in cancer research ... I'm grateful for each of you Smile

Picture of native Texan
posted Hide Post
well gulosh! i'm trying to PM you but can't do so. I forgot how hard that is to do now.
anyway, PM me if you can. I'd love to send a ck.

CC

Posts: 4654 | Location: 1,000 miles from home | Registered: Apr 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
sent a PM to Native Texan and Rondiquilts ... thank you both for wanting to help support the efforts Smile

Also, received checks from DJ Brown and Crafty Shauna ... THANK YOU and will get your tickets filled out Smile

I appreciate all the help with this fund raiser ... it's for such a good cause ... and I find someone almost every day that is either in the fight or knows someone that has been affected. THANK YOU ALL!

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Lindsay - I'm writing checks tomorrow after work - PM me your address please and I'll put you "on the list" Smile I thought I had the address but it seems to be in hiding.

Posts: 6593 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
Sure will, Royal ... and THANK YOU !

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
I made out raffle tickets today for our friends ...

KC 1930 and
MemeQuilts

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO IS HELPING TO SUPPORT RELAY FOR LIFE AND CANCER RESEARCH!

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

So far we have raised $208 for American Cancer Society and cancer research ... do you know someone you'd like to honor by contributing? Every penny will go to ACS ...

and THANK YOU !

Picture of Meme quilts
posted Hide Post
Glad to know my check made it there.

In order to see the rainbow, first you must endure the rain.

Posts: 2829 | Location: SE Missouri | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU

Sister Sue and
GoBlue

for your donations for the quilt raffle. I appreciate your support for finding a cure ♥♥

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Sending ck. in memory of my papa.Love the quilt and what you are doing.What about a pillow case with the missing ribbons??? some thing to hold the quilt???

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8941 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
I like the pillow case idea ... but there are no missing ribbons. From the time I listed all the ribbons and made them, then went back to check and make sure I got them all, they went and added 4 new ribbons Frown made me really sad Frown

THANK YOU JACKY for wanting to help in the memory of your Papa ♥♥ That's a wonderful way to celebrate their love and memory you have of them ♥♥

Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
That's what I mean the 4 new ones???

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8941 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jacky:
That's what I mean the 4 new ones???

Actually, I adjusted it and fit them all on Smile I had a few spacers but just filled them in. The good L0rd knew that I would need those spaces Smile

Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Give me the info i need, and i will send you a check my friend! Kim Struthers

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
PM sent, Kim ... and THANKS !

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
Thought I would post a close up of one of the ribbons ... lots of them are from my batik stash that I usually don't share ... well, except with Precious Smile I will try to get some better pics if the sun comes out today Wave

posted Hide Post
Lindsay- glad the check arrived, hope you do well with your event. Sue

Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
THANK YOU Sister Sue ... I will be doing my Relay For Life walk this weekend, and the quilt raffle will go on until Aug 24th. It will be counted on this years books Smile

posted Hide Post
I am have a raffle of my Courthouse Steps for our Relay for Life, which will happen tomorrow. Hope the rain stops soon and we can all walk in sunshine. Sue

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Good for you. Beautiful quilt. Not trying to steal your thunder but I have had 2 quilts raffled off for the Susan G. Komen cancer run this past year. One brought in $400 and the other one $300. Funny thing is they were both made out of scraps. My friend said they were really a hit. I hope yours makes good money too. G O D bless you for doing this. My family is riddled with cancer also.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
My Relay For Life walk is tonite ... please pr@y that my energy will stay up and I can get things together Smile

I'm taking the quilt with me, hoping to raise more money for the cause. This will be my first Relay since my diagnosis and it may be a little hard, especially thinking of all those I've loved that were stricken.

But I'M CELEBRATING LIFE TONITE! To show my enthusiasm, I'm decking out in my (well not quite) favorite new color ... this is the beginning of a WILD FOR A CURE night! Join me in the fun Big Grin

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Good Luck! Sent you something in the mail yesterday.

Posts: 4429 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Your tooties are beautiful! Big Grin Good luck tonight! And remember, just when you think you cannot take one more step, we all will take over! Group Hug

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Oh, look at you. Good luck tonight. Will be thinking about you.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Sue is at our local zoo and is planning on spending the night with her friends from work. So she is going to be walking tonight too.
Ps for you Chicky that you can hold up for the walk. Take Care. Pat

Posts: 8060 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
WoW !! That was a GREAT night of fun! Altho... I did NOT stay up all night, but went to DDs and slept on her recliner Smile then went back at the break of dawn Smile I met some old friends, made some new friends, and just got really blessed by the whole evening, but specially when they carried the torch around the track to light the luminaries as the torch passed. It was beautiful watching the track light up like that. And then the silent lap for remembrance ... by that time my hips were saying enough ... but I felt y'all shouting me on Smile

We also raised another $130 for the cancer quilt raffle! Drawing will be August 24th, so don't miss your chance Smile

Thank you to everyone with all the T&Ps, and your support to help in the cancer research. There were WAY too many purple (survivor) shirts there last night, but thank G0d they WERE purple shirts, and not remembrance luminaries ... they've come a long way!!! And it's thru your support, and others like you, that make all this possible... giving many extra birthdays!

SO ...THANK YOU from the orange haired survivor <3

Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Cute hair! LOL! I got in from Maryland last night, had to wait until i got home to mail it..didn't have my check book on me.
It went out this morning..Blessings! Kim

Posts: 11812 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it was a rousing success!! Glad you did it. I have to say....lovin' the tootsies Smile

Posts: 6593 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post