Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Happy Anniversary (wedding pic added.)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Anniversary (wedding pic added.) Sign In/Join 
Picture of Rainbow
posted
To us!

Wedding pic added below.

OH, l didn't know how to quilt in those days. l could sew but quilting was way beyond me at that point! Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rainbow,

======================
l would be unstopable IF l could get started!!!

Posts: 9494 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrat's to both of you . Hope you have a fun day. Sue

Posts: 1556 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
What a fun couple you both are. I'm so glad I was able to meet you in Branson.
Happy Anniversary and Best wishes for the coming years. Keep on Smiling

Posts: 8020 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SDgranny
posted Hide Post
Happy day !!!!

sdgranny
www.picturetrail.com/sdgranny
So much fabric-so little time

Posts: 826 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: Apr 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Couldn't happen to a better couple!!! where's are wedding picture??

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8923 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Have a great day!!!! AND the rest of your lives spent happily together. Smile

Posts: 16921 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary! Great looking picture of a happy couple.

Posts: 1711 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary!
I'm like patty... so glad I got to meet you both in Branson! You are a wonderful, sweet couple! Have a great day!

Posts: 2298 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Will Quilt for Chocolate
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary!!!

Posts: 4976 | Registered: May 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary Rainbow! It's ours too--46 years!

Posts: 189 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Great picture! Hope you had a fantastic Anniversary... Chris

Posts: 6032 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to you both, Mr & Mrs Rainbow. Wink
So nice to see those smiles again.
Ditto to sentiments about meeting both of you @ COF Branson.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3189 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Handie Ann
posted Hide Post
Rainbow so great to see people who have stayed together for a long while. Way to go. May you have a fantastic Anniversary.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Handie Ann,

Handie Ann

Posts: 3507 | Location: Des Moines, Wa. USA | Registered: Jan 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the anniversary wishes!
lt was my pleasure meeting you all in Branson.

Teddylady! Happy Anniversary to you, too! Not long now and you'll be celebrating your 50th. Wow!

Ok, jacky, you asked for the wedding pic. lt's not very good. lt is just a 110 snapshot. Remember those cameras? l've always wanted to find someone who could make my wedding pics look like new. Maybe someday!

======================

Posts: 9494 | Location: NW AR, Home of the Razorbacks! | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I had a 110 too, so I do remember them. Might still be around here somewhere, since not much gets thrown away.

Good to see the then and now photos. Have a great day.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6257 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Sweet pics Rainbow! Hope you and Mr. Rainbow have a great day. And I wish you many more happy, wonderful years together!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5793 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your wonderful anniversary. What a great looking couple y'all make together. You both look as happy now as you did back on your wedding day.

Nicki

Posts: 8123 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! and thanks for the before and after pictures.

Have you asked at Walgreens if they can help with the pictures?

Wanda

Posts: 1768 | Registered: Jul 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
TX RB love it!! what a cute couple you are!!!

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8923 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
By the cut of the dress, I'm guessing....about 1978? Toss me the bouquet if I'm close! Wink

Posts: 5739 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That certainly is something wonderful to celebrate. Have a great one....and many more.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 10054 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Miss Lensews2
posted Hide Post
Happy Anniversary! Beautiful picture! Rainbow you look so much like Makayla.

Posts: 5271 | Location: ~ if I'm not here...I wish I was. ~  | Registered: May 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
Caught May!!! You only missed it by a year. lt was 1977. Smile

======================

Picture of Rainbow
posted Hide Post
l wish l had the words to express how blessed we truly are. Thank you all for making this day special for us.

lt has been a different day to say the least. Mike got sick at work and DD and l had to go pick him up. He'll be ok. lt's the stomach bug but it made him very sick. So, he has spent the day either in bed, on his recliner or in the bathroom!

l have spent the day quilting a quilt, starting another one, and guiding DD as she made her first baby quilt to give to a friend.

Mike had chicken noodle soup for his supper or as DGD#2 calls it, Papa Soup! DD fixed taquitos for supper and they were good. l had some of DDIL's homemade salsa to go with mine.

A different day than the one 36 years ago but a blessed one! Smile

======================

Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Happy anniversary Rainbow & Mike! Great pictures Smile

Posts: 4647 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Happy belated anniversary. Hope DH feels better.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
36 years is something to be very proud of. Happy anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Rainbow! Hope Mike feels better soon.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2312 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
Happy Belated Anniversary,! Hope Mike is feeling better now! Loved the photos !!

Posts: 435 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post