Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Under the Gunn Thursday!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under the Gunn Thursday! Sign In/Join 
Picture of StarrySky
posted
Time for the second round of eliminations, and the remaining designers to be picked. Don't forget to watch!

I dreamed last night that Tim took over for a designer who had to drop out at the last minute, and I was his model. He made a palazzo-pant style jumpsuit from lightweight brown tweed wool, and to model it, I was supposed to do a tango-like dance with him. And get this...the runway show was in a supermarket, so we were going to tango down the aisle together! We had a practice run, but the dream changed before the actual judging. But I will say this: Tim is a fabulous dancer, and I had a grand time! Big Grin

So here's hoping that someone's dream comes true tonight. Cool

Posts: 5414 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
LOL I'm not watching this, but I sure wish you'd had a camera recording you in your dream! Big Grin

Posts: 16461 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
quote:
we were going to tango down the aisle together!

screaming!!!

"It's bad to supress laughter. It goes back down and spreads to your hips."

Posts: 8384 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
StarrySky: that MIGHT just be better than the show!

Posts: 9456 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Well... We have our drama queen... I was SO hoping she would not get picked!!!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25637 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Only caught the last half hour or so...have to go back & watch it for real. Poor Mentor Nick has an inferiority complex! But there's no telling what will happen once eliminations begin. Except Tim yelling NO! Saw a different side of my tango partner last night! And did Heidi cut her hair -- did I see bangs?

"Just 6 more inches!"
"No, you have to stop sewing now."
(Wrrrrrrrrrrr machine noise)
"Just 2 more inches!"
(Wrrr)
"NO, I said NOW!"
Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: StarrySky,

Posts: 5414 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
She actually should have been eliminated for cheating.

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25637 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
They've been a little lenient on PR when they've called time, as long as the person does stop. I do remember one other time when the designer was chasing the model out of the workroom, trying to sew her in as they went. But I recall that Tim put a stop to that one, too.

"She" (don't remember her name) last night didn't show any signs of stopping. Father Tim came down on her, and the producer, too! They must have done something to the dress before the model came out, though, because she wasn't falling out of it & it didn't fall apart.

That designer was lucky that last night was about choosing teams, not eliminating someone for bad design/bad sewing/failure to complete the challenge. I guess the show wanted to give the starting 15 a chance to be chosen or eliminated, no matter what went on in the workroom.

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
There are at least 2 drama queens (plus the mentors)...the nervous blonde from last week. Sheesh...just on the review I got frantic all over again. Oh boy. Looks as if there will be a lot of tears in this one too.

I still like it and look forward to Thursdays! We're just not into the momentum yet. do you think they will be losing 3 a week now???

Posts: 8384 | Location: California | Registered: Sep 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
The designer who wasnt done when Tim said to stop was funny - she kept saying she was stopping and then didn't.
I feel bad for Nick, but tired of hearing Nick talk about himself (I have a degree) over and over.
I didn't understand the black t shirt with the white name tag outfit. Wow.

Posts: 3673 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
I think that if this were the "regular" season of PR, a lot of outfits last night would have been in trouble.

Picture of nancyc20
posted Hide Post
I do like it that they had the opportunity to "show" themselves. and all that fabric they got to play with!!!! YES!!!! But 6 hours. That's tough. And why waste time chatting???!!!! Playing mind games. Ugh. That's childish.

"I didn't understand the black t shirt with the white name tag outfit. Wow."

He must be from the "less is more" art bent. (And charge 5,000 for it to prove it's art).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nancyc20,

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
I'm still confused by the outcome of that show! The black t-dress with the white label - (Nicholas?) he got chosen? Huh? And Isabelle - the lady that wouldn't stop sewing! Come on people!

I didn't like Rey's outfit but he certainly would have been a better pick then those 2.
Loved Amy's dress .. she's going to go a long way even if not picked for this show - should have been!

Looking forward to the rest of the season to see what drama is shown.

Posts: 7977 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
"Team" decisions were based on previously-submitted portfolios, the workroom experiences, and the 6-hour creations...as well as who knows what other "insider" info we weren't shown (e.g. Mondo already knew one of the chosen). I suspect the other things had more to do with the decisions than the actual 6-hour fashion creation itself.

In other PR news, my ear to the ground tells me that there are changes ahead for PR. A 4-story sign appeared in the windows of the iconic 7th Ave. Parson's building last week (the tan boxy building PR viewers are quite familiar with) saying, "You Never Leave Parson's."

This is probably why... Read in order:

http://www.rew-online.com/2013...design-on-the-block/

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/...-el-gamal-group.html

http://sgn-group.com/fashion-n...in-greenwich-village

Picture of Coco  Cathy
posted Hide Post
StarrySky you need to e mail Tim about your dream. lol maybe they will do a little skit of it... staring you. I could just see it when you described it..

Posts: 2942 | Location: Riverside,Ca... | Registered: Sep 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
OK I watched my taped show.

Isabella was the pokey one-I thought her design was pretty interesting.

This Amy is not the Ami Simms of quilting fame, is she? They said Simm so I'm guessing not. Her dress was cute.

I know in 6 hours I wouldn't have gotten very far but then I've never gone to design school.

DH and I watched the end of it together and I was correctly predicting which designer would get which mentor but how it all plays out, will remain to be seen. How many shows are there?

Having slept through LAST week's I guess I did all right to watch this and get the gist of it. I cringed when Isabella did not follow Tim's directions to leave; was taught by a strict disciplinarian so that just went against my grain.

I'll only be around for one more week's show and then out of the U.S. to batikland for a month so I'll have to catch up later. Will read your posts when we are near civilization though.

Posts: 9456 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post