Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Back to School mugrug swap
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back to School mugrug swap Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
i am hosting a new mugrug swap. what is a mugrug? a mugrug is bigger than a coaster, much smaller than a placemat, big enough for a cup and a treat. here are some links to get u started. lots of tutorials if u scroll on down. mine usually measure 6 x 9", give or take.

Come join the fun! beginner quilters welcome!

www.twomoreseconds.com/p/mug-rug-madness.html
http://pinterest.com/wandans/mug-rugs-luv-em/

here are the details:

THEME: ~ Back to school ~

MAIL BY: September 30
HOW MANY WILL YOU MAKE: One. I will pair you with a partner.

*If you have not participated in one of my mugrug swaps, please private message me with your mailing address.

rozhearts will swap with Shirlwin
SueB will swap with City/Sandie
EvelynB will swap with BetsyLu65
mandylifeboats will swap with PatV82
motqltr will swap with J Lu

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 5061 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
WOW another swap already I have not quite finished the last one but hey they are fun to do so sign me up for this one please.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Sign me up. I'm a teacher and probably have a different viewpoint;-)
Evelyn

Posts: 7561 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...Yep, me again too ... this theme is one i would have asked for Smile
PS.. if we have an odd number sign up, I'm good for a 2nd one ..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: City/Sandie,

I cannot change 'things', but I can change how I feel about them. Me.

Wounded Warrior Project
www.woundedwarriorproject.org

Posts: 9144 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I don't know about this one, I am drawing a BIG blank. I don't have any kind of fabric in my stash for this one. I just might have to pass on this one.

patsy

Posts: 3553 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Hey Califgal, if you don't have any fabric with this theme, how about an applique?

Nicki

Posts: 8506 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what about apples, pencils, crayons, school bus, books

Posts: 5061 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....and kids and desks and brown bag lunches - or lunch box and thermos, and new clothes and notebooks .....and tearful moms watching the babies leave for kindergarden and the rest of the moms jumping for joy when the bus pulls away ...

Wounded Warrior Project

Posts: 9144 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: Mar 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I'm in for this pleaseSmile

Posts: 456 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Yes Me Please.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1536 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Sign me up for this one too.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 491 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I'm in Mandi. Although I have no children at home.

J Lu

Posts: 1143 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
is it too late to sign up? Sorry I haven't been on the boards. Back to work and so exhausted at night.
For those interested in my shoulder surgery: I got out of the sling yesterday and the doc said to use my arm as normal (right!) and I start p-t tomorrow. I can't lift more than 1 lb, but husband said he will use my rotary cutter to help me.
I need to make the 'rug for Aliquilts and this one.

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3674 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
ttt

~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3674 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am going to close sign-ups tonite since we have an even number. addresses will go out this weekend.

posted Hide Post
addresses have gone out, check your private messages.

Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
got it thank you

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1536 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Thank you ... almost ready to postSmile

Posts: 456 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks Susan, I am ready to post as well. Easy for me posting within Australia this time. Hopefully will not take too long to arrive to the other side of our country.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I am so happy to say mine is finished. I will be mailing today to mandylifeboats. The last two mugrug swaps found me woefully slow, so I'm thrilled to get this one done early.

Already thinking about the next one - Halloween? Autumn?

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 491 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Shirley, I have received
your mug rug today.A yellow school bus full of happy children. WOW it is just so great. Thank you I love it lots and the beautiful little flower dish cloth very clever.
I will get my daughter to post a picture next time she is over. My mug rug to you will be in the post on Monday.
Again thank you, these swaps are great.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Roz that was so quick!! I really didn't think it would have arrived until next week. Pleased that it is OKSmile
And yes, these swaps are greatSmile

posted Hide Post
Yep next month will be halloween/autumn theme becuz halloween ismy very favorite time of the year!!

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the sneak peek for the next swap. Autumn is my favorite time of year, Halloween included.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

posted Hide Post
a cute mugrug has arrived from PatV82. Look at the cute crayon and backpack buttons.

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
PatV82 made a cute mug rug. I love the little pocket in it & whoda thunk to use backpack buttons? Nice!!!

Nicki

Posts: 8506 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I made an extra one for my Teach For America daughter teaching kindergarten in Houston.
I love buttons. Hobby lobby has a great selection of themed buttons and charms.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
My top is done and I have to piece the back, then quilt and bind.

posted Hide Post
oops, i just remembered i gotta send mine out to Pat. will get in mail soon.

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Shirley, just to let you know I am a bit late in posting but your parcel will be in the post tomorrow. Hopefully it arrives quickly as your parcel came to me.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Having trouble getting started on this. I keep changing my mind. I will try again tonight.

J Lu

Posts: 1143 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...I know that feeling - I did that too .. but now almost ready for the mail ... goes out tomorrow ... i thought it was such an easy idea when Mandy posted it!!!

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rozhearts:
Hi Shirley, just to let you know I am a bit late in posting but your parcel will be in the post tomorrow. Hopefully it arrives quickly as your parcel came to me.

Hi RozSmile In your own time... while I am curious I can waitSmile My parcel to you was so quick I could hardly believe it!! Must have been a fast pigeon!

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Shirley
My daughter finaly came over for a visit so here is the photo as promised of your back to school mug rug that I received. The best little school bus I have seen. Thankyou.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I finished mine today it is so cute. I will mail it out tomorrow if I get a chance.

J Lu

Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I haven't been into town to check the mail box this week until today, and ... what a lovely surprise. Rozhearts delightful mugrug was there, along with the cutest little tape measure in its own casingSmile
The mug rug is 'soooo back to school'; where would pupils be without pencils?

Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Shirlwin, that little school bus mug rug is so cute. It brings back memories when my DD rode the bus to school & she loved it.

Roz, the pencil mug rug is so clever. Your work makes me want to learn paper piecing (which is one of my goals for 2014).

I really like to see all the cute mug rugs you gals are putting together. TFS!

Nicki

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
So cute love it. Great idea. I mailed mine the other day. She should get it today.

J Lu

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
...that really gets righ to the point .... it's aaa door aa buullll

Wounded Warrior Project

Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi Shirley, so glad the mug rug arrived.
Thanks for the lovely comments. I love foundation piecing except for having to pull out all the paper bits. You need to try foundation piecing at least once.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
apologies for being so quiet. I have been in a whirlwind (somewhat literally too). I finished both the school and fair mugrugs. Mailed today.
I rec'd from JLu today. I love it, she even used the mascot for the Colfax H.S. The sentiment is great even tho I live rural. My kids attended neighboring schools but did partner with Colfax in Jr. High and their freshman h.s. year. (eons ago). As I'm typing this I forgot to enclose a note to JLu. After it arrives I'll tell you all my thoughts, used a play on "school". I do have pics but it's after 10 pm and I've traveled over 100 miles today.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Aww I was hoping to hit it on the nose Michelle. I'm glad you like it.
The echoes in the quilting is him grawling. LOL!

J Lu

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
here's the back. I can see the growls, after you said that. There is real motion. You did a great job.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Here's the front, we both used fabric with numbers.

Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
2nd attempt to post the front, either my interwebs are acting up or hgtv is.

posted Hide Post
i finally mailed my mugrug off to PatV82 yesterday 9/20!

Picture of BetsyLu65
posted Hide Post
Sent EvelynB's out on the 10th. Hope she got it alright.

BetsyLu65 Wink

Posts: 97 | Location: Fort Wayne, In | Registered: Aug 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
I got my rug and my little extra gift a cozy cup holder. Thank you Michelle I love it. Ill post a picture in a bit.

J Lu

Picture of City/Sandie
posted Hide Post
....I sent SueB her mugrug ont he 16th and it was selivered on the 19th .. haven't heard anything ... wondering if I had the addres wrong ..

Wounded Warrior Project