Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  2013 SS Stocking Swap Nov. 1 sign up deadline
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 SS Stocking Swap Nov. 1 sign up deadline Sign In/Join 
Picture of DJillM
posted
2013 SSSS

I'll be hosting the swap, NikkiLee has graciously offered to mentor me through the swap

DETAILS:

I will take the signup list and list the names in order that you Email/PM me. It does not matter what # you are on the list as once the list is final, I will make a tab with your name on it and put all the names in a basket. I will then draw the names and match them up in order that they appear on the original signup sheet

To clarify: No one will be matched up in pairs. The person you are assigned to will remain SECRET until their stocking is opened.

If you are interested, you must email/PM me with your name, address, tele & email addy. My email addy: DJillian27 @ aol dot com I will. email you back with a questionnaire;/ wish list this will
help your secret Sister with stuffing your stocking

Once the names have been matched I will email/PM you with the person whose name and address was drawn for you along with their questionnaire;/ wish list

GUIDELINES:

*You MUST make a stocking and fill it up with little gifts.
*Your stocking can be made anyway you want to – it does not have to be Crazy Quilted * The gifts can be made or store bought and do not have to pertain to sewing/quilting
* Each stocking MUST be at least 12” but NO MORE than 16" in height, width can be whatever you want as long as the dimensions are in a Christmas stocking shape.

* The dollar amount of gifts should be NO MORE than $20
* To make it more fun, if you have more than one gift in your stocking, wrap each gift
* Enclose a Card with your board name on it so your partner will know who sent her gift

MAILING:

*ALL Packages MUST have a Confirmation # and ALL packages MUST be to your partner by Saturday, December 14th as I would like for everyone to open their gifts up together at a designated time on Wednesday night (to be determined)
No excuses for being late ladies - you've got 2 months
*As in past Christmas Swaps... it's so much fun mailing early as that means your partner will have to sit and stare at a Christmas Gift for days! LOL!!! PLEASE:
* Be considerate of your partner and please do not smoke around your stocking or gifts as some people have allergies
*If you signup now, but find later that you cannot participate, PLEASE let me know... I do not want anyone being left out of a stocking.
* Send only gifts that you yourself would like to receive GIFT IDEAS: I personally love handmade gifts. By making items out of your own stash you will be surprised at how many things you can come up with for under $20. Some ideas: If you know your partner loves the color purple, you could put in a Purple FQ, some threads, buttons, needles, a purple pot holder, a pincushion, coasters - whatever you think will fit into your stocking. Or… if the person you are matched up with is a Crazy Quilter, you could make them a n*a*k*e*d foundation block and include all the pretties to embellish it.

SWAP ANGELS:

A Swap Angel is a person who will fill in just in case someone has to drop out after being matched up or someone does not fulfill their obligation. I ask everyone send in a small gift
with 2-3 stamps I will be one of the Swap Angels also making extra stockings

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DJillM,

Posts: 161 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post

1. LindaJ52
2. GiGi856
3. DJillM
4. Fayejean
5. justaquiltin'
6. fishingwidow
7. Angelinamor
8. KBlue
9. llcp48
10.Shogun
11 toryam
12.muggomuggo
13 lynnsews
14.Sue B
15.Kentucky_Sunshine
16.EvelynB
17.KC1930
18.cksvett
19.RN55
20.JLu
21.Quilter Chris
22. gemsq
23. TeaSea

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DJillM,

Posts: 161 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lindaj52
posted Hide Post
I sent you a PM but I don't think it went through, so I'm going to e-mail you the info, too. Thanks for taking this swap on. I really like all of my stockings that I've gotten in past years and am looking forward to this year's.

LindaJ52

Posts: 2394 | Location: Clifton, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quilter Chris
posted Hide Post
I have sent you my PM. Thanks ever so much for taking SS Swap on. This is year number 3 for me and I love it. Quilter Chris

Posts: 176 | Location: Saint Anne, Illinois | Registered: Jul 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Hi Linda

I rec'd your info

thanks
Jill

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Chris
I signed you up. thank's for joining

Jill

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
quote:
p

Thank you for agreeing to host this fun exchange. I always look forward to it. Have sent at PM.

Posts: 528 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Thanks for joining. I rec'd your emails and will sign you up.

Jill

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I would like to join in this swap. Will PM you my info

Mary

Posts: 4071 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up too! I have been anxiously awaiting for someone to take on this swap, so thank you very, very much! And, much thanks to Nickilee for her past years as hostess and for mentoring you.

Yay! Now, how many days is it until Christmas?!?!?! ;-)

Posts: 668 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Thanks for joining Mary. I rec'd your emails and will sign you up.

Jill

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. this will be a fun swap to host

Jill
70 Days until Christmas

Picture of llcp48
posted Hide Post
I would like to join this swap.. Had such a good time last year..

Hugs,
Linda

Posts: 532 | Registered: Aug 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I'll email you

Posts: 3771 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
I emailed u Smile

Posts: 4171 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jill!

Counting down....

Posts: 668 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
I emailed you, too.

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4607 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lynnsews
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up! I am emailing you my info tonight. This should be a lot of fun Smile
Lynn

Posts: 8 | Location: Church Hill, TN | Registered: Oct 14, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
Please sign me up, I sent you an email.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1542 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought about it, but logistics won't work this year- traveling back home for Xmas and not paying for checked luggage. Look forward to seeing everyone's stockings though!

Posts: 1977 | Location: Idaho | Registered: Aug 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Cute dog!

Just PMd you with my information. Thanks for hosting the swap this Christmas... Chris

Posts: 6312 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RN55
posted Hide Post
Is it too late too join?

Posts: 442 | Location: Portville, NY | Registered: Apr 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cksvett:
Cute dog!

Im having trouble making my dogs pic smaller

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Wjem DH first did my license plate it was too big. I deleted it and had him size it smaller and then put that one in my profile... Chris

Posts: 6312 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
It's not to late to sign up

Picture of Fayejean
posted Hide Post
Lots of fun JOIN US

Posts: 528 | Location: MI | Registered: Jan 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
Sending an email...

http://hexagonswap.blogspot.com/

For donated quilts for the kids, check out the photos at
http://kc1930.blogspot.com/201...-pictures-below.html

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
If we have any swappers willing to ship internationally I'm happy to play, and I don't mind being a swap angel either, this has always been one of my favourite swaps Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7125 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
We have a few willing to mail internationally.

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Please fill out and email me the questionnaire I only have 5 so far and I wil need them for when I pick partners.

Thanks
Jill

Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Questionnaire? Did I miss something?

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4607 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
I will resend it to you.

posted Hide Post
Jill did you receive my email? I haven't received a questionnaire either?

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7125 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Got it and sent it back. Smile

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
You should have also gotten mine back...

Posts: 9225 | Location: Lewiston, Maine | Registered: Feb 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How many swappers do we have now?

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
I have yours.

Jill

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
we have 14 signed up.

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
I am really excited for this swap. I work at a senior center and bought some of the little lace/crochet items to appliqué onto the stocking I make. They are really cute!

Posts: 3771 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
That sounds like it will be really pretty on the stocking.

Picture of GiGi856
posted Hide Post
This my first time doing this type of swap! I'm excited! Can't wait to get my partner's list to get started!!!

Posts: 205 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: Dec 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Glad your joining in. I will be sending the parter list aeound Nov 3.

Picture of KC1930
posted Hide Post
If anyone is looking for a quick and easy stocking tute, here is the one I used last year:

http://fabricworm.blogspot.com...ocking-tutorial.html

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
What a nice stocking pattern, thsnks for sharing.

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Hi, I didn't get the questionnaire. I checked my spam so maybe I messed up the address...Frown

It's my name, no caps @ bellsouth or gmail, I forgot which one I sent u

Posts: 4171 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
I sent you a pm/

Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
Cool! I emailed you again @ that address. Thanks!

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post
Thanks I rec'd it

Picture of DJillM
posted Hide Post

Picture of gemsq
posted Hide Post
I made it just in time to sign up. It has been a tradition for me now, and had wonderful stockings and assorted gifts in the past. Thanks for taking this on. Will send an e-mail, so hope it goes through, and not to spam.

Posts: 757 | Location: illinois | Registered: Sep 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post