Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Sew & Tell 1-23-14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sew & Tell 1-23-14 Sign In/Join 
posted
Sew & Tell is our weekly sharing thread. Tell us what you've finished, what you're working on- we'll cheer you on!

I just started a sister thread to this on the knitting and crocheting board. Feel free to post on that one also if you do yarn things.

I sewed yesterday! Made 2 sets of coasters and started a set of pillowcases for DD. Just waiting for her to tell me what size pillowcases she uses so I can finish. And I'm still playing with crocheted snowflakes.

Holly

Posts: 2991 | Registered: Jul 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bozie
posted Hide Post
It has been a while since I've had something to show. This wallhanging is from a kit - "Crazy Pigs" from Rachel's of Greenfield. My needleturn skill leaves a lot to be desired! but I think it's a cute design and enjoyed getting at least a little back into quilting mode. Smile

Martha

Posts: 7106 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mar 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
What a cute quilt Bozie~!
I have a tell...
My quilt "Ice Crystals" has been juried into the Lancaster PA show!
I will be going in March with a couple quilty friends.
I know some of you will be there. We should try to meet up.
I will be there Thursday afternoon and Friday.

Posts: 2527 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Kathi, what a thrill! Congratulations.

Bozie, its so good to see you again. Love that little quilt. Needleturn has defeated me. I use some other method if I do hand applique.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6590 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Bowie, love your little wallhanging, makes me smile.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Bozie, what a cute wallhanging. Your needleturn looks ok to me, One thing I probably will Never be able to do. My fingers are too big. LOL
Kathi, what a wonderful experience you will have. Hope they like you project. I can't remember seeing it, have you posted it???
Pat

Posts: 8069 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Bozie - love you wallhanging, just makes me smile!!!
Kathi - very exciting, which I could be there to see it.

Posts: 747 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Bozie, the wall hanging is so cute, it makes you want to "squeal", lol!

Posts: 730 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17064 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Kathi, what a wonderful thing to have happened! I''m excited for you. Do let us know how it all turns out. What a nice compliment to your quilt making skills this is.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2233 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Went rummaging in my stash and found all these cute fabrics, just the right size for the "Little Wallets" I made these and took them to the Beauty Shop where I got my hair done and told the Beauticians to help themselves. They seemed to like them. I have been going to the same shop for more than 20 years. They are kind of like family by now. LOL

Posts: 8069 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
Bozie, the pig wall hanging is just too cuteSmile
Pat, lovely wallets and I am sure those at the Beauty Shop were very appreciative.

Posts: 385 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bozie, I love the pig. Better hide it, or Quiltaholic will sneak out there and steal it!

Kathi, what a thrill to have a quilt in the show. Good luck!

Posts: 1059 | Location: Smoky Mountains TN | Registered: Oct 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
Bozie, I had to smile out loud when I saw your little quilt. It's absolutely DARLING! You always do such beautiful work.

Irish, what an honor to be in a quilt show. I bet you can't wait to hear the results. Just to be able to submit would be something I can't even imagine. Congratulations!

Pattyj you have been a busy little bee with those wallets. I bet the ladies were thrilled to get to select one from your group. They are so cute & look so very useful.

Nicki

Posts: 8172 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Pat you certainly have been busy, those look great. I just received my pattern and will be making some soon, after making a couple pillowcases.

Posts: 1720 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Bunny, I did a few things differnent than the directions. After sewing and pressing the pockets I top stitched across the top ( like the finished lookSmile) I also used Velcro instead of the snaps, and I sewed them on while it was still not sewn completely together. ( before the total assembly) Easier than doing it at the end like the directions said. Have fun. Pat

posted Hide Post
Here is a corner of one of the zombie pillowcases I made for DD and fiancée.

posted Hide Post
And some of the coasters I made them. For some reason, they didn't want to use Christmas coasters all year!

posted Hide Post
Hi ladies! It's been a long time since I've been able to quilt.. so long that I forgot my password for the board! I used to be needprozac! I made this for my second grandchild, due in May. Big thanks to whoever it was that posted the disappearing pinwheel video!

Posts: 5 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: Sep 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips Pat, hope I remember when I make them. Sometimes I have a terrible time remembering things (couldn't be age, could it). Holly, where did you find the zombie fabric? I think DD#1 would love that. Love the baby quilt grannyneedsprozac.

posted Hide Post
Bunnybcd, I got the fabric at Aunt Mary's Quilt Shop in WA state, when I was visiting my Dd. The line is called Zombie Apocalypse and it's a Riley Blake design. I knew Steph and Dan would get a chuckle out of it.

Picture of warm buns
posted Hide Post
Love all the show and tells this week. the zombie fabric is precious and I just love the baby quilt.

I hope Q doesn't see that wall hanging!

I have been busy this week but nothing to show for it.
I pieced together a quilt top that my mom had made blocks for out of one of Ragman's doll quilt kits. I helped her put it in the quilt frame because she is going to hand quilt it.

I have done three months worth of a redwork sew along that some of us are doing with Quiltaholic.

I finished doing the applique on two more blocks of the Merry Merry Snowman quilt that several of us did last year with Quiltaholic.

I cut out the background and traced the designs on a third snowman quilt that I had purchased several years ago from Crabtree Hill Designs called winter wonderland.

And I have worked on two cross stitch pieces from Nora Corbet called Christmas Eve Couriers. I just need to add more beading on the Sleigh and Rudolph and I will be done with those.

One of these days I am going to finish something, I just know I will, I can feel it in my bones.

Posts: 3629 | Location: Elvis, birthplace | Registered: Nov 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Sounds like everyone has been busy. I spent the afternoon, looking for and replacing the zipper on my tote that I wanted to take with me next week. Never thought it would take that long.
Bunny, When you see the directions you will know what to do. To me it makes sense.
Pat

Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Great show this week.

Welcome back grannyneedsprozac - That's a precious baby quilt!

Posts: 17064 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Car seat cover

Posts: 658 | Location: Ashley, IL | Registered: Feb 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Nice work everyone. Bozie I just LOVE those pigs!

Posts: 8081 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Nice projects this week.

I'm finally taking the time to get the pictures off my camera of the quilts I made last weekend at quilt camp.

First up: Disappearing 9 patch variation

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/PattyannC/

Posts: 1756 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
Next: 9 patch Pizazz

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

Posts: 1756 | Location: In the northwoods of Minnesota | Registered: Aug 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sew Happy
posted Hide Post
That last one is a little dark but if I lighten it it gets really weird colored.

I did start one more but it's a UFO until March camp.

Last one: Disappearing 9 patch triangles

Keep calm and carry on

Life is good!!!
Patty (KD0ICU)
In God We Trust

Picture of quiltbea
posted Hide Post
What nice work everyone is doing.
bozie, love the little pigs WH. Adorable.
pattyj, nice job with the wallets.
Holly, the zombie p cases are cute.
grannyneedsp, love the baby quilt.
Sewhappy, great quilts you finished.

Posts: 13291 | Location: Southwestern Maine Zone 5 U.S.A. | Registered: Dec 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of goaskmom
posted Hide Post
Love that pig wall hanging. I can't seem to get the hang of needle turn so blanket stitch it must be!!

All the projects are interesting and enjoy looking at them

Neighbor of mine is having a birthday soon and I wanted some little something to give here. She loves her birds so I found this little pillow to do. Was a quick and easy project except I had trouble with the red edging getting the corners to puff out. Think I should have just put a gathered edging on it. Oh well, it's finished and waiting for the day!

Margie

Posts: 1284 | Location: oregon | Registered: Mar 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Love the pillow and I am sure your friend will too! Everyone has been so busy this month. Nice projects. TFS.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2314 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Blake - I love the piggie wall hanging.
Irish- congrats. I will be in Lancaster Wed through Friday. I plan to be at the show on Thurs all day and possibly Friday morning too.

Posts: 3346 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of irish62
posted Hide Post
missmommy, I will be at the show Thursday afternoon and all day Friday.
Tisme will be there too.
We should try to meet up at a specified time to say hello!

Posts: 2527 | Location: batavia ny | Registered: Sep 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sash
posted Hide Post
Love everyone's projects. Margie, I love that little pillow. Wish I could hand embroider like that, but not very good at it.

Posts: 1461 | Location: Texas | Registered: Oct 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of amiko
posted Hide Post
I love show and tell. Nice work girlfriends.
amiko

Posts: 379 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post