Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

mugrug themes Sign In/Join 
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted
hi ladies, i thought we could post what sort of mugrug themes we would like to do in the future. please post your ideas on this thread.

1. two-color
2. birds and the bees and the flowers and the treees
3. sweet and sour

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mandylifeboats,

Posts: 4895 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Patriotic - due of course by July 4 Smile

Fall/Autumn colors

4 seasons - stretched out over a few months

Favorite Fabrics - on all these swaps, we've been voting our favorites. And then play along with the chosen theme. How about one where each of us picks out favorite fabric already in our stash?

I've really enjoyed this particular project - something I can do fairly quickly.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 416 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
creatures of the sea and animals of all kinds.
And the old west themes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wiley,

Posts: 4365 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
since we are doing Wish You were here, how about wish I was there?

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shirlwin
posted Hide Post
I like Catwmn's idea.
How about a 'seasons' one ... as the season arrives.

Posts: 307 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: Apr 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of justaquiltin'
posted Hide Post
Country or rural theme. Barns/fields/horses?

Posts: 254 | Location: , | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
Beverages: coffee; tea; "adult"; juices
So many great ideas, I like the "wish I was there". I vote for all of them. I am hooked on these, wish I hadn't waited so long to join

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3533 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sue B
posted Hide Post
well'
lets go to the movies, computers, call me(Phones old and new), black and white, hats, sports (I like fishing), cars and trucks, first names,I'll list more later.

SUE B

The smallest Cross in the corner is the one you put in the room.

I hope all our daily ups and downs are with needle and thread.

COF 2007 http://www2.snapfish.com/snapf...BRAND_NAME=snapfish/

Posts: 1459 | Location: North of the Gulf of Mexico | Registered: Apr 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
1.sports theme
2.where u went on your last vacation.
3.desserts yummy!!!! Smile
4 on the farm
5. school days
6. surf's up
7. Wizard of Oz

Posts: 3410 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
crazy quilt Smile

where I'd like to be as mentioned earlier

A few of my favorite things

Garden themed

At the beach

Vacation...

Farm themed could be sewww cute...

It's for the dogs/cats

Song/Movie themed

Patriotic

Christmas in July

Occupations

Sillouhettes(sp?)

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhhh and

Let's go to the fair Smile

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7022 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
OK everyone an amazing list of ideas I second the following:

Desserts
Wizard of Oz
crazy quilt
Garden themed
At the beach
Vacations
Farm themed
It's for the dogs/cats
Song/Movie themed
Christmas in July
Silhouettes

kayla

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AmyJo
posted Hide Post
What great ideas !
I would be up for any of them Smile

We could do one, any theme, that has to have some type of applique.

Posts: 295 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: Feb 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Pretty stitches, Sashiko, crazy quilt.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3117 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Looks like we like everything! How about new techniques like weaving fabric strips? Snow globes? Use it up...fabric must be from old clothes(my Granny would approve).

Posts: 7011 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Paint chip challenge using your initials. Mine are E, F, and B so I might find paint chip colors or crayola colors of Evergreen, Fawn, and Burnished gold.

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Ugly fabric challenge? Last year one of my groups have each of us a fq of UGLY oriental fabric to incorporate. I made mug rugs with Oriental vases appliqued.

Picture of jbeanier
posted Hide Post
These are all fabulous ideas! I like the idea of a "theme", but also of a "technique". For instance, I am not really great at applique (I am a perfectionist in my own work), but if I joined a swap which required applique it would be something to challenge my skills! Paper piecing for a swap would be fun too. Mug rugs are a nice size to try things out.
As far as themes, I would go for: "feather friends", "furry friends", "shapely shapes", "beautiful blooms", "vegging out", "down on the farm", "simply seasonal/holidays", "check" it out" (checkered fabric), "ooh baby" (pink or blue), "under the rainbow", "giddy up" (western), "days past" (vintage fabric), "brighter days" (fun, bright fabrics), "yummy fruits", "what's that say?" (fabric with words/letters)...
Yeah, there's my list! I'm sure it's more than anyone needed, but my creative juices are flowing this morning!! Ha!

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say "I've used everything You gave me."---erma bombeck

Posts: 33 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: Jan 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
I like the Ugly fabric idea. Bonnie Hunter says if it's ugly, you just haven't cut it up small enough!

1. Ugly fabric
2. Xmas in July.
3. Receiver's favorite sports team colors.
4. Floral.
5. Food!!

I join these swaps because it's a small project and just challenging enough but not TOO
stressful. Don't know about trying a new technique.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
This is great. We now have enough ideas to keep us going for several years. YEA!!!!!

I like them all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Catwmn27,

Posts: 165 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
did anyone say Butterflies??

Posts: 4365 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
love the idea of Butterflies

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 696 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rozhearts
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone.... wow there are so many wonderful suggestions. Any theme would be a great challenge. I look forward to whatever the next one is.
(((HUGS))) Roz.

(((HUGS))) Roz.

Posts: 65 | Location: New South Wales Australia | Registered: Apr 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of army03wife
posted Hide Post
Transportation

Posts: 469 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mandylifeboats
posted Hide Post
some great ideas. thanks!

Posts: 4895 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: May 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paus4quilts
posted Hide Post
I will say from the start that I am not suggesting this, just thought it was a cute idea to show.

http://www.red-brolly.com/red-...utterfly-mugbag.html

Posts: 5890 | Registered: Aug 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of army03wife
posted Hide Post
Paus

That is a really cute idea & great for gifts. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 469 | Location: Virginia | Registered: Nov 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Catwmn27
posted Hide Post
Paus: that is so cute! I am going to have yo try that. Thanks for sharing.

posted Hide Post
very cute Paus, and it reminded me that I have a pattern for a mugbag and a cute lil' hexie coaster...need to dig it out and dust it off...lol

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wiley:
did anyone say Butterflies??

Ohhhhh, I just love butterflies Big Grin
I made a butterfly mugrug for my second swap I think..."rainbow" was the theme...and I also wouldn't mind repeating a few themes...