Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Christmas in July - PC swap - signups closed
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas in July - PC swap - signups closed Sign In/Join 
Picture of fishingwidow
posted
Hi ladies,

I never have time at the end of the year to do a PC swap for the holidaze. Too much on my plate so wondering if anyone wants to do a swap nowl.

CELEBRATE CHR*STMAS IN JULY WITH A HOLIDAY PC.

I was thinking we could have sign ups until June 25. And PC's to be mailed by July 20th.

I think we could limit them to no more than 5 PC's for each person.

Let me know.

Mary

Fishingwidow
chanlady22
Angelinamor
califgal
EvelynB
Gonesewin
Happy Erme
PatV8

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fishingwidow,

Posts: 4040 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I haven't done a PC swap for ages and would like to do this one. Add my name to the list.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2236 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
me too, I wanna play

Patsy

Posts: 3539 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Me, too. I've got so many now they make a great holiday display. I still have my St. Paddy PC's hanging in my sewing room. Time to get out the patriotic ones.

Posts: 7496 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'm in! This sounds great Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5148 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Sign me up, Mom!

Posts: 653 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rosenana
posted Hide Post
What are PC'a?

Posts: 1405 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: Oct 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Pc's are Postcards. In this case they are fabric ones we make of the chosen theme and swap.
look at these for ideas: https://www.google.com/search?...366&bih=641#imgdii=_

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5148 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Glad to see the signups, Ladies. If we get more, we will split into 2 groups. Looking forward to Chr*stmas in July. At least no snow.

Mary

Posts: 4040 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'll take snow over heat and humidity ANY day.

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I would like to join in. Smile

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3175 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
I wish I could join! I need a creative outlet right about now, I'm sitting in the first of 3 days of interviewS :P
I feel like I'm back in school... Isn't there a saying, something about a watched clock never moves? Lol

Posts: 4101 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Glad y0u joined in Erme and let me know if you change your mind, Tory.

Mary

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
just moving up...

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the Valentine's one and I just bought a Brother Scan N Cut - so gotta have a project to share my new toy....

Count me in. Any chance we could make the mailing July 31 - but I'm game with whatever you decide.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Pat, my D{L has a Cut and Scan. I have an AccuQuilt Fabric Cutter, I have spend more on the just dies than she did for her machine that can cut to any size. You made a good move. I am debating selling my AccuQUILT to buy a Scan and Cut.

Erma

Posts: 3175 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Signups are closed and we have 8 people signed up. I had said we would have no more than 5 PCs to mail out.

So I did 2 groups but Angelinamor wants to be in both groups. (If anyone else wants to be in both groups, let me know asap. I will make adjustments until Friday).

So here are the groups:

# 1
fishingwidow
Califgal
Evelyn B
Happy Erm
Angelinamor
Gonesewin

# 2
Angelinamor
fishingwidow
Happy Erm
Evelyn B
Chanlady
Pat V8

Also, if you have problems at your post office having PC delivered to you and want your PC mailed in a real envelope, please let us know.

I will get addresses out.

Mary

This message has been edited. Last edited by: fishingwidow,

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I would prefer "your" PC mailed to me in an envelope. Can't blame the snow but delivery near Chicago is kinda iffy.

Smiles & Stitches

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
i have been thinking.

Hmmm. so many choices.

Erma

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Great! I've got mine finished. I do love making these things. Posting as soon as PM is sent.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I've thought about this and I still don't know what to do...

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Smile I would like to make one for every one too. Smile Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Happy Erme,

Erma

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm all caught up on swaps and would be glad to make one for everyone. I've already finished four waiting for addresses.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Sorry I am late posting this. I was waiting to see who wanted to send to all. Then when I found out, I couldn't figure out the groups. Anyway, hopefully, I have done this correctly and I will post the address to all in a PM.

REMEMBER, that PatV8 would like hers mailed in an envelope.

So check your group above.

Merry Chr*stmas in July.

Mary

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Mine have all been put in envelopes and just put in USPS mailbox. Knew I was going to be busy later. Enjoy

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Got my card from Evelyn. Too cute! can hardly wait to display. Smile

Erma

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
mailing mine out today. I am mailing like a regular post card, hope you all get them. please let me know ok?

patsy

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I received a really cute card from EveylnB. I love the idea of the ornament but I don't think I can bring myself to destroy the card!

I mailed mine out yesterday Smile

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Evelyn - what a cute card. It will inspire and brighten my design wall. But I agree with Goneswin - not sure I can clip him off.

I will probably make a garland for my studio tree with all the postcards.

Thanks again!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad y'all like the gingerbread men. I've used them in the past on Christmas cards. I have a friend who hangs her postcards around the ceiling of her studio like a border. So cute!

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
Got a pc from Califgal today. My DH is shaking his head wondering about our Christmas in July. Onto the fridge it goes. Ho Ho Ho

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
Received my PC from Califgal on Sat - very cute!

Mom (Fishingwidow) came to visit for the 4th of July and has been anxious to see what comes in the mail here for a sneak peak at what awaits in her mailbox back home! Wink

Our PCs should go in the mail in the next couple of days... I think mine are just about completely dry...

Posts: 653 | Location: colorado | Registered: Dec 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I received a super-cute card from Evelyn! The fabric for my cards is in a pile on the cutting table so I'm ready to start. I have an idea so better get going.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2236 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I got Lori and Patsy's cute cards today. Still working on mine. Later

Erma

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
got my gingerbread man from evelyn, so cute ty

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Angelinamor and I mailied out our PCs yesterday. I am visiting her for another week. She got Chr*stmas greetings from Gonesewin yesterday. So when I get back home I will have lots to look forward to!

We went shopping yesterday to Mill outlet. Got some nice haloween fabric for postcards in the fall. So giving you a heads up as it is a favoriete PC holiday for me.

Merry Chr*stmas, ladies!

Mary

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Hi Angelinamor and Fishingwidow, Your PC's arrived in the mail today...cute, cute, cute!

And, Angela, It is NOT wintertime yet!!!

Thanks gals and enjoy your time together.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Got the cards from Angela and Mary. Very cute. Smile

Erma

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Ok Is there such a thing as "Vacation Brain"? I thought I was so clever to tote my cards along to Minn, google a Post office and find it (after lqs shopping) and get each envelope addressed and posted.
OMG - I didn't even look at the back of the very cards I made myself. To check the address on the card matched the one on the envelope!!!!

They are all identical - truly. I'm almost tempted to make new ones when I get home and get it right. So if yours arrives, and someone else's name is on it, consider it a reminder that Vacation Brain does exist and catches us all eventually.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
got cards from Angela and Mary today, very cute thank you ladies.

patsy

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
That's so funny, Pat! Vacation brain sounds less permanent than my brain problems. If you're lucky you just get older and older and the brain goes along for the ride.

I got cards from Fishingwidow and Angelinamor today. So cute! You're obviously very artistic, Angelinamor. That owl is precious with the hat. LOL

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PatV82:
Ok Is there such a thing as "Vacation Brain"? I thought I was so clever to tote my cards along to Minn, google a Post office and find it (after lqs shopping) and get each envelope addressed and posted.
OMG - I didn't even look at the back of the very cards I made myself. To check the address on the card matched the one on the envelope!!!!

They are all identical - truly. I'm almost tempted to make new ones when I get home and get it right. So if yours arrives, and someone else's name is on it, consider it a reminder that Vacation Brain does exist and catches us all eventually.

Now THAT's funny!

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Funny. I will be interesting to see if anyone gets their own card. I got Angela's. Pat, thanks for the cute card. Smile

Erma

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I received Lois' card today!

Picture of angelinamor
posted Hide Post
I received my PC from PatV82 yesterday - truly Christmas in July! Thanks so much.

Ironically, the PC itself was addressed to my mom (Fishingwidow) who is visiting with me. LOL

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Angelinamor is so creative. Thanks!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
And the reverse side is just as artistic!!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Thanks FishingWidow. Not hard to see where your daughter gets her talents from! I love Laurel Burch fabrics

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
The backing is so cute.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Mine are in the mail...finally!!!

Happy Stitching...Lois