Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Traveling Box IS HOME
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling Box IS HOME Sign In/Join 
Picture of cksvett
posted
It is time to sign up for the latest round of the Traveling Box. READ ALL THE INFORMATION and if you are willing to comply with what is listed, please PM me with your board name, name, address & phone number and email, if you would like to join this round. Sign up will close in two weeks on September 25th. The box should be mailed shortly after that.

No crazy quilting items in this round. The items should be quilting or sewing related or homemade items. NO food. As you are choosing what to put in, ask yourself if it’s something you would like to pick from.

The box will again contain 20 items. Again this time, there will be a new adventure. Item #20 is still a “give & take bag”. It starts out with an assortment of 12 items. You can take as may items as you want, but must replace each item you take with an item that will fit in the bag. The bag always remains in the box. Your name does not need to be on the items in the “give & take bag”.

Also, bags #18 & #19 are “give & take bags”, with 10 patterns each. As with the original give & take bag, you replace any pattern you take with another pattern. This will be the only bag that a pattern should be in unless there is fabric to complete the pattern. Your name does not need to be on the items in the “give & take bag”.

Once the box arrives please post on the message board in the “Traveling Box” thread that you have received the box, what you have taken out of the box including the items from the “give & take bags”, and who it is from. OR if it takes a bit to decide, post that you have received the box, then the next post should include what you take with a picture, if possible. Please post a picture, even if you need to add it at a later time, as they make everything more interesting. Do not include in your post what is left in the box or what you are putting in the box. All items should be in a zip lock type bag, each bag is one item no matter how many things are in that bag. Replace the same number of bags you take with a plastic bag that includes your name on it or your name inside the bag. Sometimes the number of items increases along the way, which is okay. Mail the box to the next person. With the new mailing USPS system, there will be a tracking number on your receipt. Please PM me that number. Feel free to use any mailing way you like. PLEASE NOTE THAT IT WILL COST ABOUT $20 TO MAIL THE BOX. If this is an issue for you, please do not sign up for this swap. The box travels until each person on the list gets the box. I will be the last person to get the box with the remaining items.

Please mail promptly after you receive the box as everyone else is anxiously waiting for their turn. I will allow 1 week, but positively no longer. Everyone’s mailing information is in the box that goes with it each time it's mailed. Please cross your name off the list & send that list with the box you will mail out. All the names will be listed on this thread and update when received and then when mailed out.

Last but not least if something in your personal life changes and you need to drop out or if you have a time line as the box goes on & you haven’t received it please PM me and we will work around it. If you move, please include us in your notifications.

RECEIVED & MAILED

Wiley
PatV82
Elainetoo
Gonesewin
cksvett

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,

Posts: 6269 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
info is being PM'd to you!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5168 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Loved it last time.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 490 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
I'm in. sending pm.

Posts: 4450 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Welcome ladies. Anyone else want to play with us? Chris

Posts: 6269 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Looking for more participants. Come join the fun... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Bump... Chris

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Um some interesting twists with the give and take bags and patterns only with materials.. kind of like it.

Will do it again. PM info on the way. Have enjoyed the last few years of doing this.

Hope others will join

Posts: 8169 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Last chance for this round... Chris

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
With this small group, perhaps we can RoundRobin twice. I was early in the last exchange so going around twice might be interesting.

But I'm with whatever our group mama decides.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 490 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Will keep posting on this thread since this will be a quick round.

The box was mailed parcel post today. It is scheduled to arrive next Friday.

Hope everyone finds lots of things they can use... Chris

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
I'll second PatV82's idea!

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 5168 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Wow, this is a small group. Maybe after this round it might be a good idea to drop it for six months to a year and then try again.

Posts: 8169 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Today might be delivery day... Chris

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Just checked and the last scan is leaving a sort center on the second. That doesn't sound good???? Chris

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
The Box is here. USPS left it at my front door but I didn't find it until just now! It's goning to take a day or two to look everything over.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Glad it has arrived. Now waiting to see what you picked.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting Wiley. Checked and knew it had been delivered. Hope you find lots of things you just can't live without... Chris

posted Hide Post
What a fun idea. It reminded me of Round Robins I used to take part in when I was pen palling a lot. They sent little booklets around and every person added to it and finally it traveled back home and then I was in one with stickers ( like this) where you took out as many as you wanted but put the same amount back to pass on.
Hope you all have lots of fun. I'm just visiting here from the Holiday boards .

Posts: 2390 | Location: southern IL | Registered: Feb 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Will try to mail The Box by tomorrow. The one it arrived in was too banged up to use again. My DH has been sick again so I haven't been able to get out to get a box.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Wiley, sorry to hear DH is sick. Hope he recovers quickly.

Love to see what you took... Chris

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
well, I was able to go out and get a box, packed it up (had already picked items I'm keeping)but DH had minor setback so had to take him to DR. So I thought no problem, will mail it Monday. Forgot it's a USPS holiday. Will get it to PO on Tuesday.
Will try to post picture later today. Sorry for the delay, I really hate missing deadlines.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is fine to mail the box.

Hope your DH gets well. Know there is a lot of sickness going on around the office. We are having our annual company flu shot clinic tomorrow, in an effort to keep eveone well.

Hope you picked out a lot of neat things. Can't wait to see them... Chris

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
hope picture is ok-i took quilt books,ott lite,fat quarters spools of yarn.

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
WOW. Wiley, that's quite a haul. Very nice.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Did you recognize the fabric you had put in the last Box? The quilt books are nice, I really don't have any and should make the box a bit lighter.

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
The box is on it's way.I used flat rate large priorty box for $16.85. A suggestion when the next swap comes up is limit the number of books. They add a lot to the weight.

# is 91149011598150869920384.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I just started the box with pretty much what was left over and added a few things. Glad you were able to fit it all in the large flat rate box. Was neat that you took all the books. Great way to start a library. I actually had all of them or had and had passed on.

Where or where will the box go next? Actually everybody has a 1/3 chance of it coming to them. Pretty good odds... Chris

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Forgot to say delivery is scheduled for Thur 10-17.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Hope the lines weren't too long at the post office? Chris

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
It was a long line cuz the PO worker was wearing a hand brace and the person she was waiting on was wearing one as well So they needed to compare notes on why they had to wear them, how long and where they got them. At another window the PO person allowed a customer to bring her junk without having it ready to mail. Took about 15 minutes to address an envelope. This goes on all the time,I don't usually go to that PO but it was close. Believe me that is the very last time I will go there!

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Am lucky at our PO if someone has something to fill out, they have them step to the side and take people till that person is finished with what they are doing. Actually they do that at both of the ones I go to... Chris

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Traveling Box has ARRIVED.

I've done my first pass through everything and should be able to mail nlt Monday.

Fun!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Glad it arrived ok.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Yea! The box has found a new home. Can't wait to see what you are taking and who it was from... Chris

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
And who it's going TO! Big Grin

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Decisions, decisions, decisions... Chris

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
PatV, what did you find good in the box? And is it on it's way again?

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Guess what arrived today! Wow, lots in there - will be fun to view and select.. then find something to put back in.

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry about the delay. Busy Monday prepping for my road trip. Chicago to dallas, then all over north tx for two days, then dallas to San Antonio then on to Houston on Thursday. Now we are visiting my DD And navigating Houston.
I took patriotic fabric, folded stitched purse, pattern for kitchen stuff and folded handkerchief pocket.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Some neat stuff in the box.. I found the following I can put to good use. Thank you ladies.

cksvett - nickels - will be used in a kids quilt for the charity group I'm in

MedeMo - dog and Ch*ristmas fabric again for charity quilts

PatV - From the pattern bag for table runners

and last - no name - a neat little jar opener - really needed

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Glad everyone is finding things they can use. Thanks for posting. Gee, I wonder where the box is going next???? Chris

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
NJ isn't too far from NY -- maybe it'll be here tomorrow! If it is coming this way I hope it gets here before I leave for the west coast for a few days...

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
If it doesn't make it before you leave, it will be a surprise when you return. No hurry in getting it mailed!!!!! Chris

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Oh Lori - sorry it won't get mailed until Monday.. didn't have the right size box. Do you need me to hold off on mailing it for a few days? PM me..

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Mailed. Will PM the tracking number.

Have fun Lori.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't get back to you elainetoo. I did have a box waiting for me when I got home last night/this morning and I opened it and I found some goodies I will keep Big Grin

I think I am the last one to receive it. Is that correct? Will it go around again?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
glad everyone is finding goodies they like. If the plan is to have box go around again please skip me. I just can't do it again.

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
It comes home to me Lori. With so few of us, if it were to go aound again, you would be gettint back most of what you saw the last time.

Looks like this time, everyone found lots of things they could use. Am really interested to see what is coming my way???? And how much of it is what I sent out originally????? Have seen a lot of my things, so there shouldn't be many of my things coming back. Can't find my list of the items I sent, so it will be more of a surprise than usual... Chris

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cksvett,