Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  COF, Harrisburg, FQ bingo
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COF, Harrisburg, FQ bingo Sign In/Join 
Picture of owie
posted
Attached are the rules for the Harrisburg COF fq bingo. Get ready for the fun.

PDF DocFQ_BINGO_in_harrisburg_1.pdf (56 Kb, 142 downloads) FQ Bingo Information

Posts: 15206 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Can't wait - love fq bingo.

Posts: 2779 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Is Lois bringing Lina and Ole with her? You all will have so much fun.

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This was so fun in Branson and I won twice! You will have a good time so start packing up those FQ!
One of the games I won was Ugly FQ... many weren't to my liking so I took them to my LQS sew-in one day and told my fellow sewers they could choose what they wanted... they thought I was nuts giving away such nice fabric!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Malou,

Posts: 2237 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Well done Owie

Posts: 3286 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4911 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
B I N G O O O O!!!!

Posts: 978 | Registered: Mar 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
It is nice to get this list early, so we can have it handy should we run across a FQ sale. I guess I need to start a COF 2013 pile. Sure wouldn't want to forget anything.

Thanks Owie.

Posts: 2565 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to it!

Posts: 4574 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Oh, this sounds like fun. Printed and will start collecting.

Posts: 7982 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charmingsister:
It is nice to get this list early, so we can have it handy should we run across a FQ sale. I guess I need to start a COF 2013 pile. Sure wouldn't want to forget anything.

Thanks Owie.

I agree. I was hoping to get this list early as I will be going to the Lancaster quilt show in March. BTW, for the last retreat I went to I bought one yard pieces and cut them myself. A lot more cost effective.

Posts: 3286 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
I like to cut my own fqs too. Can't wait to get started. Now I need to decide ,do I wnat someone to play for me so I might win some pretties?

Posts: 15206 | Location: Harford county, MD, zone 6 | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I talked with Ole and Lena today and they plan to attend the retreat. Ya sure, you bettcha.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
Great.

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by owie:
I like to cut my own fqs too. Can't wait to get started. Now I need to decide ,do I wnat someone to play for me so I might win some pretties?

Owe, why aren't you playing yourself?

posted Hide Post
I have never been to this retreat before, nor have I ever played FQ Bingo. Even though the information seems very thorough, I have a question. Is everyone who attends supposed to bring four fat quarters of each of the seven types of fabrics listed? Or can we bring four fat quarters from just some types? It looks like everyone has a lot of fun with this and I want to participate, but I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do. I don't want to do it wrong and not be able to play!

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Teddylady, you can bring 4 FQ of whatever category you like. There is no rule that you have to participate in all categories. You can play only those categories your like. And it is fun!

Posts: 5666 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
If you want to play in all the categories you bring 4 FQ's in each if not just bring the FQ's for the categories you wish to play. Most people play all of them. We divide up the FQ's and have several winners in each category and everyone has a good time.

I usually purchase one yard and cut my own FQ's as several of you have suggested. Works fine just need to accurate.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
except UGLIES - you may throw in as many of those as you want to get rid of - Just be careful! SOMEONE has to win and you may end up taking more home than you brought Smile

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

Posts: 4911 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the quick replies. That clears things up for me. Now to start looking for appropriate fat quarters. Uglies...yes, I have a few of those too. How does that happen?!
I'm planning to go to the AQS show in Lancaster next month, so I'll look for some good deals there. Cutting your own also sounds like an excellent idea.

Posts: 182 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Teddy Lady, Once you start playing you get hooked and you will wish that you entered at least 1 fq in each category. I don't usually play bingo and I had a blast and was glad I didn't have to sit out even 1 game.
Lois, Has Lena been getting trouble again? That was so much fun. Thanks for being the caller in Branson. Pat

Posts: 7831 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Lena, in trouble? Ya sure, you bettcha!

Happy Stitching...Lois

Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
Teddy, I find myself buying FQ that I don't even want to win. Orientals come to mind. Because even if that is the category that you win, someone is always willing to trade with you. Deb

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJBrown:
Teddy, I find myself buying FQ that I don't even want to win. Orientals come to mind. Because even if that is the category that you win, someone is always willing to trade with you. Deb

Good point! Think you've changed my mind on playing all categories.

Posts: 7982 | Location: Northeast | Registered: Nov 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by owie:

Of course one or more of us will play for you. Too much fun to miss out on.

Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I'm pulling bingo FQ's this weekend and putting them in my giant tote bag DIL make for me a few years ago. I use it to "collect" stuff to take to retreats every year.

Posts: 6448 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Plan to get my Birthday Fat Quarter Exchange done for the year soon and will get these put together at the same time.
In Portland, I thought I would have all this room in my suitcase for fabric I would buy since I would get rid of all the fat quarters for bingo. Think I brought home more that I came with. So much for that idea... Chris

Posts: 5864 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this. Love playing FQ bingo and will be putting my fabric together.

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
I saw on the flyer that one of the categories is "blenders" - those fabrics that go with anything.

Can you tell me just what this would be.

Thanks
Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I am glad you asked that Mary - I am a little confused about blenders too.

Posts: 2779 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
I think of blenders as mostly tone on tone or very slight variations in color. Something that blends in instead of saying, here I am, look at me type of fabric... Chris

Posts: 5864 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
That is right. They do not have to be Moda but if you look up Moda blenders you will get the right idea.

Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
You know I am getting my car fixed and the quilt shop I use most is about 5 minutes from here! HMMMM! may have to stop by and get a few FQ's or 1/2 yard cuts! Big Grin I think I deserve that after sitting here for so long! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
I think you deserve the stop. We used to use the dealership right near the QS and I always used it as an excuse but then who needs an excuse??!!

Happy Stitching...Lois

Picture of owie
posted Hide Post
ttt

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GAQuilter:
You know I am getting my car fixed and the quilt shop I use most is about 5 minutes from here! HMMMM! may have to stop by and get a few FQ's or 1/2 yard cuts! Big Grin I think I deserve that after sitting here for so long! Big Grin

Lol. If I had a quilt shop near an auto repair, I think I'd have to break a few things on my car...haha

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Got all my fat quarters ready except for the Fall ones. What little I had, I used for the deer panel quilts I just did and my stash has practically none of that type of fabric. Will need to dig deeper or maybe luck out at the quilt shows this weekend... Chris

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Made my list, going to LQS on Friday with a friend - so have to look through my stash first and see what is hiding there.

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Have my list going to the quilt shop next wk meeting Missmommy there !

Posts: 4298 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
You're really on the ball, Jo. See you next week!

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
See you next wk. Smile

Posts: 4298 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DJBrown
posted Hide Post
I have to get things together!

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Got all mine together - all but 4 from stash. Ran across a FQ sale for $1 a FQ and picked up 4 Civil Way repros - had none in stash and couldn't get to my 30's which is getting low.

Posts: 5666 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
mcpatches, I am so glad you posted and brought this to the top! Yesterday I was in my sewing room and came across 3 fat quarters and wondered why had I bought those and why are they where I had placed them? Put them back where I picked them up from as I was sure there was a reason why I bought them & why they were there. Those are the three fall colors I was missing for Bingo and when I unpacked my bag from the quilt show, I just set them out of the way and forgot about them. Tonight the will go to the spare bedroom to play with the other ones for Bingo... Chris

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
Do you know if there will be any classes ! I haven't seen anything posted unless I might have missed it.

Can't wait for the bingo!!

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
no, you haven't missed anything. We are working on those and quiltslots will be posting soon...

Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
TY Smile

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
FQ BINGO!!! WHO WANTS TO PLAY!!!

Someone wasn't able to open the PDF so I've posted the info here: If you have any questions, PM or email me Smile

YES! We WILL be playing FQ Bingo at the Circle of Friends Retreat in Harrisburg ... what would a retreat be without it? It’s gonna be F-U-N ... FUN!

First off, many thanks are extended to Lois for again stepping up as our Bingo caller. She comes highly recommended. ... So THANK YOU LOIS!!! Cannot wait to meet you and see you in action.

So, here's the committee's decision on Bingo games ~~
 Each card will be 1 FQ . You are limited to FOUR cards per game.
 We will have an UGLY category ... you can throw in AS MANY FQs AS YOU LIKE, BUT STILL ONLY PLAY FOUR CARDS ... it's a good way to give some of those "uglies" a good home to go to !
So the FABRICS we will be playing with and for are ~~
• BLENDERS~ those fabrics that go with anything. Can be any color. (4 FQs per player)
• REPRODUCTION fabrics ~ can be Civil War, 30's or other repro (4 FQs per player)
• FALL ~ Gotta have those FABULOUS fall fabrics! {NO HALLOWEEN} (4 FQs per player)
• BATIKS !!! What would a party be without Batiks!!! (4 FQs per player)
• BLACK & WHITES ~ fabric with black background & white print, or white background & black print (4 FQs per player)
• NEUTRAL fabrics ~ beiges, tans, off whites, tone on tone lights (4 FQs per player)
• CHRISTMAS fabric~ those of you who know me know of my love for Christmas fabric. (4 FQs per player)
Please make sure this is 100% GOOD QUALITY COTTON FABRIC.
And time permitting:
• UGLIES~ everyone has some fabric that maybe was given to them that they don’t know what to do with, or they bought when they were having a bad day, got it home and said, “WHAT WAS I THINKING?” No limit on these but 4 is the minimum.

Now for those that are flying, if you win big and don't want to carry them in your suitcase, or you do some shopping you just couldn't pass up ~~

WE WILL HAVE PRIORITY MAIL BOXES AND ENVELOPES AT THE RETREAT FOR ANY ITEMS YOU MAY WISH TO SEND. THEY WILL BE FLAT RATE,

So there's your categories for FAT QUARTER BINGO ... It's a retreat tradition... one we mean to carry on ~ big time!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gonesewin,

Picture of Elainetoo
posted Hide Post
Didn't find anything in my stash, found several on the 'reduced' pile at the LQS. So squishies awaiting playing.

Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
AuntJo and I are shopping for this today.