Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us! Sign In/Join 
posted
Hello stitchers and welcome to the Monochromatic CQ RR!

Please join us in viewing and sharing pictures of these and other monochromatic CQ blocks and stitches. We will be posting up dated pictures here as we progress through this RR for all to share and enjoy!

MONOCHROMATIC CQ RR players:

bjeannes
KaylaQuilts
Happy Erme
alexemmarose
Shawkl
tisme
Ambher
Cr8tve1
bluesnail
PatV82
holee
califgal
fishingwidow

Enjoy the show!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alexemmarose,

Posts: 3478 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
I found some pictures of monochromatic cq blocks.
Www.apronstringsandothertiesth...uilt-journal-project

Since I am typing from my tablet I hope I got the site right.

TerryOH

Posts: 2419 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I'm definitely IN! Just sent you a PM>

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2239 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I wanna play, will send a PM.

Posts: 4634 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of needlecrazy
posted Hide Post
Okay, dunce of the class here. Do I add more fabrics around the initial block and embellish those, or do I simply embellish a "round" of the original block?

"Laughter is timeless; imagination has no age, and dreams are forever." Walt Disney

Posts: 6648 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jun 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
And on the same line of being a confused Newbie do you just receive one block each month to work on?

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
Sign me up please. I will send you my info. The timing on this couldn't be better for me.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Although I may have other questions this is right up my alley (love hand work) I'll give it a try, will send you a PM with my info

Kayla

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
ok, you twisted my arm....please add me to the list, a PM is being sent

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1802 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Please add my name to the list! PM on it's way.

Posts: 4637 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Question----is everyone using a muslin foundation to piece their blocks?

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
OK, I am going to join in on this and will PM you my info.

Mary

Posts: 4007 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun swap! I won't be able to join this time around as I have a million aand one things on my plate and barely have time to think - looking forward to seeing all the pretties. Smile

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10269 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of knot me
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a fun RR. Alas, I won't be able to do it this time. A lot on my plate right now. Have fun!

"There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 2396 | Location: Somewhere in wicker wonderland | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I have never participated in a RR. Would you say this RR is for a more experienced crazy quilter.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3161 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Erma, I am sure Colleen would love for anyone to play how can you be experienced if you don`t try?
"Don't be shy! Don't worry if you are a newbie...this is the perfect opportunity to join in and learn a lot along the way! We all started some time and the stitchers in our HGTV family are all very patient and willing to promote new stitchers! Even the seasoned stitchers learn new things with RRs." Taken from Colleens very own words at the top!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tisme,

Posts: 4634 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
I can only speak for myself...but I would be happy to have you work on my block Erma! We all got started the same way...just jump on in the pool...the water is fine!

Posts: 4637 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I am very interested. Love, love embellishments. So over the next few days let me brainstorm about My Block. If I can gather my thoughts and stitches into a good foundation block, I will sign up. Thank you for giving us alittle time to commit. And I appreciate any and all pics or urls to look at...

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 484 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I am going to try it. I like sitting and looking at stitching books in the evening. Time to put all those books to work. I hope I don't ruin y'alls work.

Erma

Posts: 3161 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I am thinking about this Smile. Have been wanting to do more CQ work for a while and have lots of supplies stored up. Just need to make sure that I won't over-commit myself by jumping in.

Then there is the big decision on what color to go with . . .

Posts: 5045 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Finished the block I am going to send out.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 484 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Me! I will send you a pm.

Edited to say - I am a newbie as well, have joined several RR and have learned so much each time. Especially when the blocks come around and you can see what others have created. Practice, practice, practice

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cr8tve1,

Posts: 3288 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
question? after you make the block you want to use in the RR do you yourself embellish any part of it or send to the first person n a k e d ?

Patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Posts: 3500 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
ok colleen let me think about it. i'm not very good at making cq blocks. let me try and make a block and see if i can do this, if i can i will let u know that i'm in. just give me a little time Smile

patsy

posted Hide Post
Well Coleen evidently you caught my sign up last night before I had second thoughts. So you caught me. I'm really in, lol. Its beena while since I did any crazy quilting, hope I remember how to do it.

Posts: 117 | Registered: Sep 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see your block. Did you do grey to black or white to grey or grey to silver? Or just shades of grey?

Posts: 4732 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I have all my fabrics pulled and will work on mine tonight. Mine is purples, will post pic as soon as I am done.
I would like to see yours Colleen.

posted Hide Post
alexemmarose's nakid grey block

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alexemmarose,

Posts: 3478 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Thanks...I see a dark grey swan and some silvery reeds...A lot more idea's when you can see the block.

Posts: 4732 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to see all of your beautiful work when this is done. Looking forward to retirement so I can sit down and maybe use some of the tons of CQ stuff I have accumulated. Please post lots of pictures Smile

Posts: 6614 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about it. I already have a block I made a year ago and never started it. Let me get my garden plowed first and then I'll feel like I have the time to put into each block.

Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
alexemmarose - please take me off the list. My plate just got really full and I won't have the time I thought I would to devote to this. Thanks.

Posts: 2876 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
I have made it far enough to select my fabrics. They are on the cutting board, and I'm hoping to get a block pieced today or tomorrow!

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
My block is ready to mail so put me in on that list. Perhaps you could group us depending on the stage of our block?

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Colleen,

Why don't you start marking who has mailed...and when we all get them done...you can give us our group info and we can mail within say...three days.

Mine got finished today! I added a bit of lace...now, just have to do a little "booklet" so y'all can write about your ideas and such in completing your portions of the block.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Are Needlecrazy, Califgal, LisaTX, and TerryOH going to participate in this CQ? I didn't see their names added to the top...

Holee, said she might after she gets her garden plowed.

TerryOH might have been offering samples.

Posts: 3288 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
I was just offering samples to help others to decide. Crazy is just not my style.

TerryOH

Posts: 2419 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
I would like to join in this . . . I love the monochromatic idea, just don't know what color I'm going to do. I'll just have to go and play in my sewing room and see what inspires me.

Please add me to your list.

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Lisa - TX
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE to join in, but after thinking about my current commitments, I just can not do it Frown. My color would have been sepia, using some of the Wizard of Oz fabric that I have in the sepia colors. I'll have to save that idea for another time. I'm in the middle of a quilt for DD#1 and I need to make it a priority to finish.

Will be watching the progress and drooling over everyone's pictures!

Posts: 5045 | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Here is my ***** block, purple of course! lol

Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
alexemmarose,

I sent you a PM with my information for this - did you get it?

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Thanks . . .I got my block all done and ready to mail. I'll try to post a picture of it later - not very good at that and will need some help.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Got my block finished.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cr8tve1,

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
I have a terrible time getting photos posted... so you may not see my block. I pulled fabric today...found lots of greens so the block will be various shades/textures in green. And I will have the block ready to go by the mailing date.

Posts: 2239 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
I'm okay with 1 May, if everyone else is.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I can be ready for May 1 if everyone else is

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
May 1st is OK with me, too.

Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Hooray! My block is done and it's really, really GREEN!!!!!!! I'll take its photo tomorrow and try to post it here.

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
May 1st is good for me. I am still looking for a couple of kits I bought a long time ago. One was in Whites and the other was greens. If I don't find it by tomorrow or get overpowered by my stash I will have to get into the fat quarter stash and choose a color on my own. Smile I have found more UFO's while looking so I have a lot of work to take to the sewing meets once a week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Happy Erme,

Erma

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
colleen check your pm please

patsy