Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us! Sign In/Join 
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Pat, just letting you know I got the green block today...Thanks!

Posts: 4751 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
My DH told me that a pkg from Jackie arrived today. I can't wait to see what is waiting for me when I return home on Sat.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1803 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I received the block from alexmarose yesterday and already have started on it. Being the last one to work on it is actually easier - less space means fewer options, easier decisions...

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
yay, I am glad my block arrived to bjeanes and I am glad to know Patv82 has my block. We are almost done, I am excited to see mine upclose. Pictures are looking great!

Posts: 3292 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Here is Patsy`s block, we all agreed to a little extra time.
Hers is going out today.

Posts: 4635 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I am not sure why it is coming out so small, I did it at 150 pixels.
But here is #2

Posts: 4635 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3495 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Lovely

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Of course I love "Love". I think a word or two on these blocks make them special. Pretty!

Posts: 4751 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
here is my finished block. I love it, ty Tammy, Amber and Lois for giving me such a beautiful block.
Tammy you pix is too small and my picture is HUGE. I don't know how to make it smaller.

Patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Posts: 3519 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Trying to see if this is any better with Microsoft photo editor. Wow, you sure can see the detail in your large photo much better!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: holee,

posted Hide Post
It is a lovely block! I am sure you are thrilled Patsy!

Posts: 3495 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I am thrilled beyond belief. Lois, Tammy and Amber did a beautiful job creating my block. i'm ready to start another one. LOL

patsy

posted Hide Post
Although most of the stitchers are finished with their RR blocks and have received their own back home we still have 5 stitchers still going for the month of August. So...please stay tuned and check back for more pix of more stitching and beautiful finished blocks!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I have finished the work on Bjeannes quilt and will send it Monday.

There were two large light pink areas to quilt. I used a quilting motif for the first one and ribbon and a leather type flower for the second. I added lace across top with pink ribbon.

Posts: 3292 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really lovely

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 762 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
It just looks so pretty! I was wondering what you would do with the swirly part..perfect!

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
1st I would like to say my pink block is looking great! can't wait to see it for real

Next, I am done with my last block and will be mailing it out in a few days.

Here is a picture of the whole block

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1803 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of the 1st area I worked on

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
This is the other seam I did

This has been a fun RR and I am glad I got to be a part of it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
This block is great I love the steampunk effect

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Just letting you know Jackie, I am working on your block and trying to meet the time line.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
That's not a problem if you need it longer since it's the end of the RR.

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I am clicking right along on Holee's block. The block (and DH & I) enjoyed a road trip to the Kentucky Bourbon Trail!. I would ask my DH if "we were stopping anytime soon?" His reply would be he was waiting until I got the block out, with threads and accessories and started a few stitches. Then he would find a reason to stop!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 487 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I want to say again how beautiful everyone's work is on these blocks. I always see the "trees before the forest" so it's been tough to visualize what my contribution will look like after everyone else puts in their stitches.

What a pleasant surprise I've had. All of you have been so encouraging and inspirational. I would love to do another CQ swap. But I'm gonna steal Holee's idea - white/off white make a great starter block.

Smiles & Stitches

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Take your time Pat on my block. I'm in no hurry and I'm still working on Jackie's block.

I always love the white to tan blocks because when you get them back you can add color if you want too or in this case, my granddaughter is putting it in an old window frame with other wedding items that are neutral colors.

Marching on to the end!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Forgot to say the gray block looks really different and I love all the additions to it as it made it's trip around. Enjoy Colleen!

posted Hide Post
Ooooh!!! I love my grey block!!! Can hardly wait to get it home and really study it! It is better than I had imagined. Thank you all!

Pat, I am pokey with your lovely blue block...heading to Alaskan cruise with my dad and DH this Sat...would you be terribly upset if I am a tad late mailing out to you? Say...early September? I will try hard to get it finished up this week but am feeling a time crunch so would rather take my time and do my best work. Thank you for understanding.

Colleen

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Of course, take your time. I have had three road trips myself since we started. I have no expectations for a specific deadline.

Enjoy your trip !

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Here is one section I worked on for Jackie's block

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Pretty!

Bjeanes, guess what I saw in the back seat of my car today? Your CQ! I totally forgot to send it out. I PROMISE I will mail it tomorrow.

Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
Ladies, I'm not in this CQ project, but have been following your beautiful blocks as they make their rounds. I've never done cq, but have an idea that makes me want to learn a tiny bit of your skills. I'm in awe! So many ideas & so much talent Smile

Tisme, check PM.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3258 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I remembered to mail the pkg! yay!

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
thanks, I will be watching for it

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

posted Hide Post
Pat, I stuck to it and got my part completed on your block! Yea! I will be mailing it out tomorrow.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Very pretty

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Jackie's rose garden. I'm done and will be putting the block in the mail.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: holee,

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
pretty, can't wait to see it up close!

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
I sent Colleen's block out to her on Sat. and received my pink one - it is just amazing and can't wait to give it to DIL.

Thanks to everyone that was involved! I had a great time doing this RR.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Received and so impressed. Just love what everyone did.

I should be mailing Holee hers tomorrow.

Thank you!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of joy110
posted Hide Post
Wow ladies - I've just read through all of your posts and enjoyed all of the pictures. The stitching and colors are all so gorgeous. It makes me want to get my cq stuff back out - it's been a while !! Kudos to all of you Smile

Posts: 3010 | Registered: Sep 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I got my CQ block back and I want to say thank you ladies for working on my block, it turned out so pretty. I love all the little designs you thought of. I am going to "borrow" ideas for future projects!

A special thank you to holee for doing extra stitching to fill in the blank spaces on my block, you did a fantastic job!

I only had my cell phone when I remembered to take a picture before coming downstairs, I will take one tonight with my camera to get a clearer picture to post.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
sooo pretty. the girls did a great job on your block.

patsy

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Beautiful blocks!

This was a fun round robin for me, and I hope we do another one real soon.

Posts: 4640 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I agree Kathy, I can't wait to do a new swap too.

patsy

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I would love to try a cream monochromatic or a Christmas themed one...

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I agree both sound like fun

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Holee - I want to share what a wonderful and sharing person you are. Sending me a special package of threads, fabrics, lace and embellishments to get me jump started on the next project - which you included! I still can't believe it. THANK YOU!!

On a sadder note, I did not get to the PO today with your block. I will definitely send you a message either tomorrow or Tuesday when I get it mailed off.

Again, thank you for all your encouragement and confidence in me. I definitely would love to do a CQ swap again.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Pat, Sorry I didn't get out to the store for the needles I wanted to add. I think the more you do the better you'll get & the more you will enjoy it. Glad it was something you can use.

Don't stress over the block. It's a holiday and we all want to enjoy the last one of summer Smile

posted Hide Post
Hello stitch friends!! Just wanted to pop in and say that I had my GORGEOUS grey block waiting for me when I returned home from my trip yesterday. It is a stunner! The pix we post are truly great and a good way to see stitches and what is going on with the blocks but they truly do not do the actual pieces justice. My block is gorgeous and such detail by everyone! Thank you all! Thank you all again for a great RR also. At this time I think everyone has received their blocks back home. If I am wrong please let me know ASAP. Fun time ladies. Thanks.