Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us! Sign In/Join 
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I don't see silk ribbon on your block so you'll be getting flowers from me! I already had a flower plan for yours and the ribbon came a few days ago. Smile

Posts: 4660 | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hello stitch friends! Well, we are soon to the end of this RR. It has been a great learning experience and everyone has done a wonderful job with stitching and communicating. Thank you all so much...makes it a fun experience for everyone. Just a reminder that two of the groups are in their final rotation and the third group will have one more rotation in August.

The final person to work on a block gets the joy of filling in all of the places that need it and pulling things together. I actually always like this final rotation for that reason. Not to worry though if there are some spots left undone because the owner of the block will have fun finishing it up.

Thanks everyone, especially the great group Mommas!

Posts: 3407 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
holee...in working on your block I find myself holding it up and just admiring the whole block a lot...it is GORGEOUS and the ladies have done a beautiful job. I think I like this cream-beige-brown color a lot for the monochromatic scheme...the laces all seem very natural in this colorway.

Don't get me wrong everyone, I really love all of the monochromatics...each colorway has its own challenges and deliciousness...

I am hoping to find time some day (hahahaha!) to actually make a few other monochromatic blocks of various colors for myself to stitch. I think it would be a good challenge.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know how beautiful your block is. Will post pix soon...

Posts: 3407 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Thank You Coleen, can't wait to see it done. My block will be going in a window frame with like items all in the same color scheme, pearls, gloves and wedding invitation etc. But the nice thing about a monochromatic block is that I could change my mind and frame it for a bedroom and add the color of the room, like running aqua ribbon through it in spots or aqua beads.

I just saw an all white block but she added single black beads here and there...really eye catching.

This was fun. I just might make a block for myself since this one will be going to my granddaughter.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Finished Mary's (fishingwidow) block and will be mailing this weekend.

Mary if there is something else you would like me to do let me know before Friday when I prepare the block to mail.

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 697 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
holee, here are a couple of pix of your block. I am finished with my part and will be mailing it on to PatV next week. It was a pleasure to work on.

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
close up of lace with beads and stitching

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
This is just so breath taking! Almost no color but so beautiful! Thank You!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Love it Alexemmarose! Maybe the next one should be a cream or white monochromatic, I think I want one!

Posts: 3231 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
This is a really bad photo. No natural light today. There is just so much empty space on this block it's taking me some time to finish it. I have to make the garden come to life but I did finish the butterfly. The photo is so bad you can't see the crystals. But maybe tomorrow I can get a better photo of it.

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
wow! I think it looks good even if it is a "bad" picture......

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1790 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
OK, I've been lurking on here and I have a few questions. How many are in a group?? So the block gets sent to a person, they embellish a quadrant then sends it on to the next person on a list? What instructions are being written? and how would you know that your block has enough lace or beads in it??
I can't embroider and from my questions you are all probably glad that I didn't sign up.Smile I'm in awe of all the fancy stitches you ladies are able to use to create these beautiful blocks. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking at the pink block right now and the work is gorgeous.
Pat

Posts: 7836 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of royalboomer
posted Hide Post
I have been following your progress and have to say - OMG!! These are all just gorgeous Smile Thanks for letting me by a fly on the wall.

Posts: 6451 | Location: Great Midwest | Registered: Oct 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
This still doesn't show the crystals but daylight is much better for photo's

posted Hide Post
This block is looking just beautiful! Very girlie!

posted Hide Post
These are all gorgeous, I am envious. What a treasure each of you will have. There is something special and unique to each one. Every time I pull up one I see something I didn't notice the time before. All have you have been so creative with these pieces.
Very fortunate ladies in this swap.

Rondi

Posts: 1536 | Location: winchester,ky | Registered: Aug 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Bea, the butterfly is just wonderful...I love it!

Erma, your block is finished and will be heading home very soon. Watch for it this week!

Posts: 4610 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
beautiful

Posts: 3412 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, Erma...your block is lovely!

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Just wanted everyone to know that I got my finished block today. (Kayla posted above the finished block). I was stunned at how gorgeous the block came out. It is wonderful. And the work by the ladies, Shawkl, Kayla and Happy Erm, was outstanding.

You know, after I started to work on the monocromatic look, it was harder than I thought it would be, and getting contrast was something that worried me. I was thinking it might not turn out right. BUT: 20 lashes with a wet noodle for me, as I was so wrong as evidenced by all the great photos shown of the blocks.

So again, thanks for all the great work on my block and thanks to alexmmarose for coming up with the idea.

Thanks all. I have to get busy to finish up Kathy's block.

Mary

Posts: 3935 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Mary - gald to hear the block arrived safe and sound I was really worried with all the shells and other embellishments so I used extra bubble wrap to keep everything safe. Also happy to that you like all the work everyone did and hope you enjoy using it.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 697 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Finally done. Will be mailing this to Jackie tomorrow.

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
I have finished Kaylaquilts block. I hope to mail it out by friday.
Kayla here is a preview.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Happy Erme,

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3121 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Erma - it looks great can't wait to see it close up. How's your brother doing? I hope you didn't stress out too much trying to get everything done.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Kayla my brother is doing better he is stable. Now they can run test to see how much damage his heart took.

Working on the block, when I got home. helped relax me and my kept my brain from worry.

here is a close up of the little bird.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3121 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Erma thanks for the close up the little bird is so cute

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Very cute Erma! You were worried before we started and see....you did real good!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Jackie, did you get the block in the mail this week?

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Nope, I just finished some steam punk work on one corner and trying to see if I have anything for another line. I will have it mailed by the 31st.

Posts: 3231 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
WOW - Love, Love, Love the Steam Punk

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
HI all,

Getting Shawkl's block in the mail today. Here is what I did.
Mary

Posts: 3935 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
And here is the complete block done by my group.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Another idea.

As some of you may know we are setting up PJ parties for Friday nites beginning in October. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a party and showing how you do some aspect of crazy quilting.

Maybe how to put together a button cluster. I love button clusters, but most times when I do them they just look like a bunch of buttons. How to make a certain flower? A favorite seam treatment you make? Or how to make a bird or an animal?

Anyway just give it some thought. If you have an idea, go to the PJ party thread.

Thanks in advance.

Mary

posted Hide Post
Oooh! Love, love what you have done Jackie! Perfect on my grey block!

Fishingwidow, your additions to Shawkl's block are lovely! The whole block is just gorgeous!

I want to thank everyone for all of the great pix posted!

All of the finished blocks should be mailing home to their owners this week if they haven't already. The third group will be mailing the blocks out this week also for their final stitching rotation.

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Since I am in AZ visiting my daughter, I had my DH mail the block out this morning. He did get a tracking # if it is needed.

All the pictures are looking fantastic! Good job everyone.....I know I enjoyed working on them all.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1790 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Holee - my face is red! You were asking if I got the block you sent? I just checked my mail and it was there. I'm sorry, I was thinking if you asked if I mailed mine, only when I saw yours did I realize that I get from you and mail to Bjeannes. Sorry, I have had a stressful past week.

Oh, yay Colleen, I am so glad you like it. I looked forever for something to do for that corner and found a stamp that I flipped to try the other side. I am working on another section and plan on getting it in the mail on 31st.

Edited to say I love the pictures of the other blocks shown! Great work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cr8tve1,

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
No problem...just glad you got it! We are so close to the finish line I just don't want anything to go wrong at the last minute with the post office. Thanks for letting me know.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
My finished block arrived yesterday it is absolutely beautiful. Thank you to Mary, Kathy and Erma for all your creativity you are such talented ladies.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

posted Hide Post
Oooh! That is gorgeous! I am thinking I really
like monochromatic blocks...I feel like I look at the stitching more without so many colors to see.

I mailed holee's block out to PatV today. Final rotation! Yea!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
I have Lois's block, got it a bit late so i'm still working on it. I called her to let her know and asked her for a little more time and she was ok with it. all the blocks I've seen are beautiful. great job ladies.

patsy

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Everyone is absolutely wonderful.

Not my thing, but I do appreciate beautiful things and the work that goes into making them that way. Great swap ladies... Chris

Posts: 5865 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received Pat V.'s beautiful blue block in the mail yesterday from bjeannes.

Shawkl's group is all finished up and everyone has their blocks home-YEA!!!

bluesnail's group? I know you are all doing a great job communicating but I haven't really been keeping track...bad hostess! Anyhoo, I am sure Lois has you all under control!

Thanks everyone, for a great RR!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Photo's???? Lets see some of all the finished blocks!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I didn't get to post that I mailed Colleen's block to Bjeanes on 31st.

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I mailed this last block on to Holee yesterday. In looking back, I could have kept each block longer and done more. This has been such a great challenge for me. Thanks ladies for all your patience and hard work.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 417 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
closeup

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 417 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Pretty, pretty...can't wait for it to arrive so I can add my touch and send it off to Jackie.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
here is Lois's block, I will be mail it tomorrow

patsy