Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us! Sign In/Join 
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Mine is packed up and ready to mail. Pat, mail when you can and Good Luck with the surgery!

Posts: 4659 | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work ladies!!

Holee-LOVE your peacock and swan!

Love all the different colors and ideas on the other blocks. Everyone's stitchery looks fantastic!

PamSmile

Posts: 5696 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
My work on Kayla's block is complete. We have ventured outside of the "monochromatic" theme to include the colors that were requested in Kayla's booklet and the colors in the fabrics of the block.

I'm liking the block...and think that Kayla will as well when it travels home. Next up is Erma to finish the block.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OMG! Kathy! Your work is just beautiful! The whole block is turning out so lovely. Kayla will be so pleased.

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
It is beautiful and I do love it

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 695 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Here is my work. I used the trellis design (that's what I think of when I see it, not sure the real name) in ShawKl's book. I love your patterns in there! It's done in a variegated blue. with different shades of blue laces at bottom.

PS, Update for Ambher: She is finished with her block and will exchange with her lady at COF retreat. She said she posted photo earlier.

Bjeannes, I will mail after I get back from COF since you will be out of town.

Posts: 3229 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cr8tve1...you work is just lovely!!

Posts: 3405 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lois/bluesnail...we miss you! Haven't heard from you in a while...hope things are well with you!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Lois usually goes to the retreats.

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Cr9tve1 - Your work is beautiful. Thank you.

And miles and miles of Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming and Colorado has me lots closer to finishing. I will post a pic before I mail on Monday.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 415 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Cr8tve1, your work is beautiful. And, thank you for mentioning that you enjoy the seams in the workbook...I sometimes wonder if anyone really uses it. I know that I have a bookcase full of books that I sit and look at...but still rarely use. It's nice to know that my work is being appreciated...by at least one person. HUGS!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bluesnail
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't make it to the PA retreat. I've been working on tisme's block... did a large chunk earlier in the month and am currently stalled... but I'll have it done and in the mail by the 1st of July. Photo will follow soon after that.
It has been a rather hectic month for me but I keep pluggin' along.

Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg! Lois

Posts: 2179 | Location: sunny Florida | Registered: Aug 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies!

Shawkl, Ambher and I have little CQ parties and that's our go to book we both bring to use. Ambher loved my copy she ended up buying your book at last years retreat. You did a great job. I love the different sizes you included for the patterns; it really helps out for beginner like me.

Posts: 3229 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Kathy, I also use your book for ideas on a regular basis. I am always thankful for the artistic talent of others.

I will be mailing tomorrow when GD's and I "go to town"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1790 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am mailing Cr8tve1's block to PatV tomorrow.

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bjeannes:
Kathy, I also use your book for ideas on a regular basis. I am always thankful for the artistic talent of others.

I will be mailing tomorrow when GD's and I "go to town"
done & done........

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1790 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
i'm working on Ambher's block. I will mail it on Saturday.

Patsy

Posts: 3400 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard from Pat since her surgery? I'm wondering how she's doing. I'll be 2 days late mailing this time. I kept looking at the one seam I did and I don't like it. So I need to add something to it. I hope with the Holiday that it won't matter to Jackie if it's a few days late.

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
No, it won't matter to me. I will be mailing mine tomorrow.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
here is Ambher's block. i did the bottom right hand corner with the little heart and the top right hand corner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
bottom right corner i did

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
top right

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Ambher's block went out in the mail to Lois today.

patsy

posted Hide Post
Hello stitchers! Just jumping in to say that Bea's lovely block arrived in my mailbox from bjeannes safe and sound. It is very pretty and the stitchers have done a beautiful job!

Also need to fess up that I did not get Jackie's block mailed off to Pat as planned last week but am planning to mail out tomorrow. I will post conf. #.

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I was able to finish Coleen's block so it's in the mail and on the way to Jackie today...Have a nice and safe Holiday everyone!

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I am here! I did not have my surgery as I got floored by a viral infection. So everything got pushed to July and August.

I am mailing Bjeannes block to Holee today.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Posts: 415 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are okay. The block is very pretty. I can't wait to get started on it.

posted Hide Post
Pat, I mailed Cr8tve's block off to you a few minutes ago. I posted the conf. # on our small group.

Anxious for more pix to show up here!

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
glad my pkg arrived safely I rec'd Pat's block in the mail today and will start working on it soon

my pink one is looking great!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Bjeanes, did you get my pkg? I mailed it the other day.

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
yes, I replied above saying I had rec'd Pat's block today.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Thank You Pat for all that the envelope contained I wanted you to know that it came today. This pink block is beautiful!

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
I received a beautiful green block full of butterflies. My thoughts are turning to gardens and beads. I will take a pic later and post a before and after.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
I got my next block from BlueSnail - now to get started creating . . .

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
waiting for the next block to come. excited to get started.

patsy

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I didn't check my mail in a few days, i did receive the next block, Alexemmaroses Grey block. I am researching Steampunk, love it! The trick is to find something that will work with what's already been cq'd.

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Steampunk is cool. Lots of heavy lace, gears, chains, locks and keys..neat stuff!

posted Hide Post
oooh...you girls are speaking my language with talk of Steampunk! But, anything you do will be a pleasure!

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Since I will be traveling a lot in the next month as well as having company, I have finished Pat's block already. I will post pictures later and have my DH mail for me closer to the 1st.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really love steampunk glad to see it mentioned hear

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 695 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Steampunk is more my style. Love it! I have made inches and postcards with it but never a block.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3116 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
ok what the heck is Steampunk???

patsy

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Here are the pictures of Pat's block

This one is the whole block

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
This is the section I worked on

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Patsy - Steampunk runs the gamut from the purely Victorian to the raggedy post-apocalyptic. Buckles, machinist cogs and gears, pocket watches and heavy lace all make great additions to steampunk style. Think Victorian era fashion. Lace and velvet or more of a dusty brown leather. Steampunk is a modernization of the Victorian era.

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Ohhhhhhh ty

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
My blue block looks gorgeous!!

Here is Cr8tve's green block, before I started my contribution

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
All the butterflies and lace makes me think of my gardens.

I'm clicking along and should have it in the mail way before the deadline.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I lightened up the photo of your block Pat and it's really pretty. The green block does look like a garden. I feel so behind this month. I've had company since July 2nd. I've done nothing on the pink block yet but I have a plan so once I get started it will go fast...and tomorrow morning my company will just have to be on there own because I'm going to the attic and starting the block!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I don't mind flowers, it doesn't all have to be butterflies on mine.