Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us! Sign In/Join 
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Thanks tisme . . . spiders usually creep me out, but someone had done this "cute" spider on my last swap and I wanted to try it.

Thanks!

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Tammy (tisme) i got Ambher's block today. Ambher it is such a pretty block,i LOVE the color scheme you choose. I just hope i can do it justice. (remember i'm new at cq'ing)Smile

Patsy

Posts: 3542 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was studying Cr8tve1's green block and couldn't imagine what I would do on it! Guess what...once I started pulling stuff from my supplies ideas just started coming! It is going to be a gorgeous block...it already is!

Not ready to post a pic yet but will soon...

Posts: 3527 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
It's funny Coleen, how looking at something pushes buttons you didn't know you had. Your block was dreaded but now I have 2 sections going and I'll have to stop myself or I'll fill the entire block! I guess I need to have my own gray block!

Of course, it helps when you have someone who is willing to allow "out of the box" items to be added and makes you think beyond butterflies and hearts. I'll have a photo soon.

Posts: 4775 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh yes, holee...anything your heart desires is wonderful!

Posts: 3527 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Here's a peek at what I'm doing on the first section. The body needs work. I'm filling in the black background on the applique I used for the tail with gray beads. The body is leather. The center of the tail feathers are metal bead separators. I have another section also started and I've picked out 2 seams to do with needle work.

Posts: 4775 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
How lovely

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 764 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Love the beadwork Bea, that peacock is going to be gorgeous!

Posts: 4643 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooooooh! That is one stunning peacock! I love it in the greys...

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Peacock is finished...or maybe not. I could add one more thing but for now I'm moving on to another section

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Really beautiful work it had to be a challenge to do such a beautiful bird using monochromatic coloring

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 764 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bea, it is just lovely! I can't tell you how impressed I am...Smile

I was interested to see how that light colored diamond would be handled...very, very nice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: alexemmarose,

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Thanks girls, Glad you like it colleen. Can you believe the hardest part was getting the beading needle through the leather to sew on the eye!

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
beautiful peacock, your very talented.

patsy

Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Your peacock is just wonderful! Love it. The first picture looked like browns, then the next one looked like greys. Took me a second to realize it wasn't 2 different blocks. Duh!

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
It has a lot to do with light. It's been raining here for days so I have no natural light most of the time. Besides that, I'm not a good photographer!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Almost 2 weeks into the month so where are all the peeks? I love seeing what you all are doing with the blocks.

Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
started doing some bead work on Ambher's block, will post pictures after i get the section done that i'm working on now.

patsy

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
Bea, I love your peacock!

I am working on Lois`s right now, hope to have some pics tomorrow after I finish the one section.

Posts: 4637 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cr8tve1...your block is starting to get all dressed up...

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
really lovely I like the way you featured the center flowers

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I love the little butterflies flitting across the roses..looking real pretty!

posted Hide Post

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I know, it's 2 birds..but when I first looked at the block I thought Swan..then I did Peacock because it fit in the diamond..I promise, next 2 blocks will not have birds..already have the pink and green blocks all figured out. The body of the swan is suede. I still have 2 seams to do and then I'm done.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
beautiful work

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

posted Hide Post
ooooh! Holee! Love it! I selfishly made sure you were in my rotation because you mentioned the swan when I first showed my nak*d block. And buttons and bead trail also!! You have not disappointed! And all in grey...love it!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I was worried 2 birds were too much but that corner kept saying Swan to me. Glad you like it.

Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Lovely work, ladies, really creative! Here is a section that I did on Happy Erms block.

Mary

Posts: 4048 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Me again, I did the spider and web and the right section of the block with the ribbon embroidery.

Posts: 4048 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Like the contrast of flowers. You ladies have nice spiders. I need to shop for some better ones, mine are so tiny you can't see them.

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Here are the pictures of what I did on Bea's block - hope you like it

The upper left corner

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1803 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
the lower left corner

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1803 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
the whole block as of now

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, so delicate! Thank you very much...Love it!

Picture of Quiltinana2
posted Hide Post
Wonderful work, ladies. I am in awe of your creativity and needle skills.

Posts: 377 | Location: Middle of the Mitten | Registered: Apr 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
I've been working on Kathy's block here's what I've done

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
And the whole block

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

posted Hide Post
Bjeannes and Kayla...very, very pretty work!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
So Pretty! Love the way you circled the little girl.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Just finished my last section of Kathy's block

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Here's how the whole block looks now

Kayla

-Edgar Allan Poe-

posted Hide Post
Wow! Kayla! Beautiful work! Kathy will be so pleased! The whole block is just lovely!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, what beautiful blocks, I thought this might be boring only one color, but look at all the shades you guys chose and how lovely all the embellishments look, I'm amazed!! Just lovely. I'm glad you are letting all of us share your journey. Thanks Pat

Posts: 8182 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
The tree limb is beautiful. I love anything done with french knots.

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
GORGEOUS Kayla! I'm so loving that branch...what a perfect way to set off those lace birds! I'm so happy with the entire block. You and Erma have done wonderful jobs...and I'm sure Mary will have fun at her turn next too!

Hugs,

Posts: 4643 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello stitchers! It is midway through the month and maybe time for a little update from everyone. Please check in with a note about your progress. There are several of you we haven't heard from in a little while...

Everyone is doing such lovely work and posting great pix. It is fun to see how these monochromatics are turning out. Keep up the great work!

posted Hide Post
I'll start with my update...

Smilealexemmarose: I added a little more to Cr8tve1's block and finished with my part. I am ready to mail to Pat whenever she is ready for it. She is ready any time so will mail later this week.

SmilePatV82: working on bjeannes pink block, planning to mail on 6-24.

Smilecalifgal: working on Ambher's block.

SmileKaylaquilts: finished working on Shawkl's block.

Smilebjeannes: finished working on holee's block and will mail next week.

Smileholee: finished working on alexemmarose's block and is ready to mail.

Smilefishingwidow: is working on Happy Erme's block.

Smiletisme: is working on bluesnail's block.

SmileShawkl: finished with her work on Kayla's block and ready to mail out on the 1st.

bluesnail: Lois is working on tisme's block.

SmileAmbher: finished with block and will pass along at the retreat to her "mail to" person.

SmileHappyErme: is working on Fishingwidow's block.

SmileCr8tve1: working on PatV's block.

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Just got back from Houston. And headed to Colorado for a funeral this week. That road trip will provide the uninterrupted time to work on this wonderful pink block. So I'm hoping to be ready to mail on Monday the 24th - especially since I am having gall bladder surgery on the 25th.
So Alexemmarose, please mail whenever you are ready. My DD will be here to check the mail

BTW, everyone's work is so beautiful and inspiring!

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 489 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
working on Ambher's block, will post progress picture tonight.

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
I am leaving tomorrow for a week in AZ so will mail next week.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*