Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monochromatic CQ RR~share in our pictures of these blocks and stitches with us! Sign In/Join 
posted Hide Post
Kayla and Kathy, GREAT job ladies! Loving what you have done!!!

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Monochromatic participants: Please check your PMs for a few messages from me. Also please check in with your Group Mommas and let them know your progress...soon time to mailSmile

Posts: 3409 | Location: grammyville | Registered: Sep 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Here is my update. I liked it until I took a picture. I think it looks messy.
This is funny, I sized it 150kb and got this message.
Your upload (150Kb) exceeds the maximum allowed size (150Kb). I hope going to 89kb works

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3122 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawana
posted Hide Post
Erma...I don't think it looks messy at all! It looks great.

Ladies...the blocks look awesome! I think I REALLY like the monochromatic idea. Can't wait to see more of these blocks.

Shawn

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

~ Live Well ~ Love Much ~ Laugh Often ~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srtrn/sets/

Posts: 3564 | Location: WV | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I like it too! The colors you used are perfect and I see you have some nice silk ribbon flowers!

Posts: 4660 | Registered: Sep 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Erma - really pretty I like your colors

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 705 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
7 days left...maybe I'll get a peek at my block soon Smile

Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
I've done that before too! The 150 must be their cutoff...so it's actually 149...hugs!

Posts: 4612 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Erme, your stitching is lovely! Thanks for sharing a pix for us!

Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Oh you ladies are so very talented. When I read about this swap, I thought it would look boring, but surprise surprise Each one is different and beautiful. Something new to see each time you look at a block. Great job all and thanks for sharing with us non crazy quilters. I love what you are doing.

Posts: 7849 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ha! Pat! Maybe next time you will join us!

I have to tell you...this challenge is quite a challenge! You have to rethink everything in terms of value and not color...very tricky!

Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comment!

Picture of luvthosequilts
posted Hide Post
Oh Ladies! These blocks are WONDERFUL!!! I am enjoying the pictures and of course am green with envy at your "play"....I have way too much work here around the house right now to have such fun *sigh* well and I have some issues with my right hand right now...life is fun 'eh?!
As soon as I can I want to build a block...in the meantime I'll look here and drool....Smile
....and I do love Susan Elliott's blog: http://plays-with-needles.blogspot.com/
Really great stuff!

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Posts: 4510 | Registered: Feb 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of patty j
posted Hide Post
Alex, CQ is one skill that I don't have any of. I wish I could emb. by hand, but I end up with knots and a unidentifiable mess.LOL Doesn't stop me from admiring other peoples skills.

Posts: 7849 | Location: Kenosha Wi USA | Registered: Sep 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
Finally remembered to resize my photos, so here is my portion of Cr8tve1's block. I will be mailing it out Tuesday.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1791 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawkl
posted Hide Post
Very nice Bjeannes, the butterfly is very creative. I also like your seam work too.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Shawkl,

Posts: 4612 | Location: Alabama | Registered: Nov 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Jackie, please let me know when Pat's block arrives...Thanks

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I got your block yesterday, I just forgot to post it last night.

Bjeanes very cute, love the butterfly as well.

Posts: 3234 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jackie...it's safe!

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
Holee, I finished with your block - I hope you like it. I am new to Cqign and learning to use silk ribbon. Ambher taught me the palestrina stitch that I went over the words, LOVE.

I will mail to Bjeannes Tuesday.

Guess you might like to see a picture?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cr8tve1,

Posts: 3234 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA USA | Registered: Apr 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
And a little seam stitch.

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I have to say I LOVE the LOVE! Just beautiful work all over...Thank you!

posted Hide Post

Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Here's Bluesnail's block - I crocheted the big flower. And this is my first try at a spider/web - hope you like it Lois.

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Here's the crochet flower up close.

Posts: 212 | Location: Virginia Beach, VA | Registered: May 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
And here's califgal's block - Cr8tiv1 and I worked together on our blocks this weekend and we were very productive. Hope you like it Patsy.

Picture of KaylaQuilts
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work Ladies

Kayla

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
-Edgar Allan Poe-

Posts: 705 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: Jan 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
All the work is beautiful but I'm confused. Cr8tiv1 had my block and you had Lois's block so who had Califgal's block? Just trying to keep up with who did what on the blocks. I thought Lois had Calif's block. I've been keeping the photo's in a file so I can go back and look at the progress on each block.

posted Hide Post
Lovely, lovely!! This monochromatic way of stitching allows a celebration of the stitches and textures that you don't get with using the spectrum of colors...love it!

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Ladies.. The work you are doing on these monochromatic blocks is really awesome! I have been gone to quilt symposium and took classes with Judith Baker Montano (silk ribbon) and Nancy Eha (beading) and now have a few more things I can do better to add to RR blocks. I need to go find one to join. lol

Keep up the great work!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25674 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
Ambher it looks beautiful, i LOVE it.

Patsy

Posts: 3426 | Registered: Sep 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
Holee - Cr8tiv1 is in your group - she's a quilting buddy of mine and we live in the same city. I'm in a different group.

Califgal is my second block and I worked on that this past weekend. Not completed yet, just showing pictures.

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ambher, just thought I had it wrong in my file. Lucky you getting a jump with doing the second block! I thought I'd put all these blocks together when done in a cyber quilt so I can look at them often all together.

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
WOW! More pretty work added since the last time I checked in - way to go girls!

Patsy - regarding your note to me - they'll work perfectly and are in the mail - you should get your new pretties soon.

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - Holidays laces and more! are ready! 11/2013

Posts: 10244 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
thanks Nicki Smile

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Just received the 2nd block - belonging to bjeannes - pink is a great color for CQ.

I should be mailing tomorrow (to Holee) as soon as the PO opens.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 424 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of califgal
posted Hide Post
waiting to get Ambher's block from Tisme, got all my stuff ready to start embellishing Ambher's block.

Patsy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: califgal,

Picture of Cr8tve1
posted Hide Post
I mailed the next block to Bjeannes yesterday, please post when it arrives. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
I love all of the excitement I hear from our stitchers in this RR!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I can't wait to get home and get started on your block Coleen. We should arrive at the same time on Monday! I'm so ready to do gray! Smile

posted Hide Post
SmileSmile Holee, am looking forward to your lovely work!

Picture of bjeannes
posted Hide Post
I received Bea's block today. My brain is forming ideas already........

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Posts: 1791 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: Feb 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well...we made it! The first month is in the bag (figuratively and literally (mail bag)! Hopefully everyone will be mailed by tomorrow...from the chatter I am hearing it sounds like most are already mailed and received! If you have any troubles please be sure to contact your Group Mommas or me.

Happy stitching!!

Picture of holee
posted Hide Post
I'm home early and Coleen's block arrived early! Wow Pat, it's just so nice, love all the work you did. Thank you for the extra...LOVE the button..I'm a button person and thought I had some pretty ones, but this one is awesome! I'll post a photo of the extra at the end of the swap but thanks so much!

Well here it is. I'm about to depart on a Gray adventure!

Picture of PatV82
posted Hide Post
Wow is right - the PO delivered that in 2 days!

I'm headed to Houston for a week - taking my Hexies swap to work on. But gonna keep my eyes peeled for anything to go on these CQ projects.

www.pinterest.com/patv82

personallybypat.tumblr.com

Posts: 424 | Location: Aurora, Illinois | Registered: Jan 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of Ambher
posted Hide Post
tisme - have you received the block I sent yet?

Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I just got Ambher`s block mailed out priority today, sorry I was a few days late.

Ambher, I got Lois`s block today too. You did a great job on it! I can not believe that is the first spider web and spider you did, it was perfect!

I have pieces picked out for your block Lois, gonna work that big area of lighter green first, it is calling my name. lol

Posts: 4586 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow all the blocks look wonderful.. Can't wait to see more of them..
I'm just lurking around viewing to get me back into the mood of sewing.

The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary.....

Posts: 1799 | Registered: Sep 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
bjeannes, I received Cr8tve1's lovely green block today...looking forward to getting stitching!