Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Ohio quilters to the Northwest of me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio quilters to the Northwest of me Sign In/Join 
Picture of mcpatches
posted
That includes Shequilts, Sprmom, GardenPat, Fishingwidow, Terry OH, Malou and I'll even throw TCMay in the list (among others) - please nail everything down, hunker down and BE SAFE tonight! We're only under a slight to moderate risk in Cincinnati.

Posts: 5666 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please do stay safe.

May get some high winds from the same storm here, weather-guessers are watching it.

Strings

Friends divide our sorrows and multiply our joys.

Posts: 6173 | Registered: Sep 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shawana
posted Hide Post
We are to the EAST and are under severe thunder storm and flash flood watch through tomorrow too. Everyone stay safe (and dry as possible).

Shawn

"Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best."

~ Live Well ~ Love Much ~ Laugh Often ~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/srtrn/sets/

Posts: 3564 | Location: WV | Registered: Dec 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you McP for thinking of us.
It is ugly here. 7 days, in a row, with rain and we've been under a flood warning for days. A creek that's about an eighth of a mile from our house has had the flashing barricades there for two days... it's so close to coming over the road.
It's very dark and windy now. We have the flash lights and candles ready, just in case!

Posts: 2236 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of britgal
posted Hide Post
nothing here yet in Columbus, but the TV is scaring us! I'll head to the basement if it gets bad. Everyone else nearby, please be careful.

my etsy shops
cutiegirlie.etsy.com
teapartybybritgal.etsy.com
britgaldesigns.etsy.com

Posts: 2135 | Registered: Jan 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jacky
posted Hide Post
Stay safe!!!we have had the wind all day,tornado's in Belmond Frown

" My bucket list bucket has a hole and it's leaking time"

Posts: 8875 | Location: usually not where I need to be. | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Big chunk of the East under the g u n again tomorrow...scary stuff...Eek

I'd love to know what's fueling these huge storms in the last month or so. Unusually strong weather over & over & over. Get it out of your system already, weather! Mad

Posts: 5429 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So far it is staying below me,kinda' ugly out now but my Disabled brother and sister are right in the path of fury as is my baby sister there in Ohio. My goodness its pretty scary out and about. Now tomorrow we'll see what I encounter as I have to head south.

Stay safe everyone.

May
"In Michigan"

Posts: 9895 | Location: Michigan,up North,the west side of Perfect | Registered: Sep 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TerryOH
posted Hide Post
I thought I lived northeast of you. But thanks for thinking of us. Just checked outside my front door, hot and humid. No rain or wind yet, weather forecast says sometime between 11 and 4. Hope they are wrong!

TerryOH

Posts: 2370 | Location: OH | Registered: Nov 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gardenpat
posted Hide Post
Sorry I didn't see your post until tonight. From where I am, we have been blessed so much by these storms dividing to the north and south of Columbus just before they arrive! So while we had lots of lightning and rain around 2AM, the thunder was not the "explosion in the house" sound that it has been in times past!

Thoughts and prayers to those were not so fortunate!

TcMay- how are your siblings doing? Did the storm hit their area badly?

Malou- did you and MaryK make it through the storm all right?

Amazing to me how quickly the sunshine returns here!

pat

Posts: 5037 | Location: central ohio | Registered: Apr 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was scary but we made it through fine. A couple trees down in the neighborhood and the creek did go over the road.
Glad to hear all is well with you Pat!

Posts: 2236 | Location: Ohio | Registered: Apr 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear everyone made it through OK. While nothing happened here during the night, the next morning a very fast moving storm did come through Cincinnati and there was damage to the east of the city (roofs ripped off, etc.). Just straight line winds, no cyclonic action.

Posts: 5666 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Well, we are all fine here. We were very lucky as when that storm came off the Lake, it really missed us. It seemed to go all around us, but we did not get a lot of wind and rain here but other towns in the area were not so lucky. Glad everyone has survived. There seems to be more bad weather than there used to be, here and everywhere else. We are going to get a generator for when the electricity goes out as we seem to have lots of what they call "100 year storms".

Mary

Posts: 3932 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear everyone is well. I got home last nite after spending a week in Fairborn/Wright Patt with my son and family - we had some hail and heavy rain Weds. nite.

Drove home yesterday, heavy rain on I75, we crawled thru Cincy about 7:30 am, had to pull over on I71 outside Louisville because of a dumping downpour and could no longer see the road or tail lights. Quite nasty, was driving by myself, and had storm warnings on the radio thru Birmingham.

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2281 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, I live 15 from Fairborn!!!

we got alot of lighting, and somee strong winds, but no damage this time!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Twenty four hours without power...thanks a bunch, wind! Mad

Posts: 5429 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ekbuckeye
posted Hide Post
Well, if I had known that I'd have gotten in touch with you. I got to meet Annon for the first time - we had breakfast together Tuesday morning!

Ellen

"Wishing you sunshine and blessings"

Posts: 2281 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: May 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sprmom
posted Hide Post
yep I live just outside enon and my son lives in Fariborn!! Next time let me know and we can do lunch or something!

Posts: 5529 | Location: SW Ohio | Registered: Sep 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post