Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  Safely home from CoF
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Safely home from CoF Sign In/Join 
Picture of LisaP8
posted
MAJOR thanks to the organizers for the wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable weekend!

So glad to have seen so many old friends and met some new ones.

I love it when the retreat is close enough for me to drive there Smile

Time to unpack and watch the huge storm that hit literally as I was walking in the door- timing is everything Smile
Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8860 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Lisa, it was nice to see you again. I am sorry I didn't spend much time talking with you, wish I had, but you are right, it was a wonderful weekend. Lori and her committee were awesome!

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Our timing was lousy this time, McP Frown

But I am so glad you were there!
Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I know how you turn a blanket into a quilt, Mom. You add some love to it." ~ J., 7/08, age 7
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 8860 | Location: NY | Registered: Feb 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After a very long day, I'm finally home Big Grin Took off from the airport at 5am, flew out at 7am, got to Chicago ... flight cancelled. Had a 4 plus hour wait for next flight ... thankful I got to get on that flight! One lady going to Springfield got bumped last night, then again today, then was on standby and didn't get on my flight.... so I'm VERY thankful I'm not sitting in an airport. Big Grin

Have already gone out to dinner ... Steve had my car cleaned while I was gone... have my jammies on and in my recliner Big Grin

COF COMMITTEE ~~~ we know how hard you worked .... all for our fun. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU again for everything y'all planned and did. It was a GREAT success with lots of friends and fun!!! THANK YOU

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 7980 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lisa, It was great to meet you and all of the others. I had a great time and also learned a lot. Thanks for driving on the scavenger hunt. It was fun and I didn't do too much damage to my wallet!

Posts: 181 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sewlove2quilt
posted Hide Post
Glad to see some of you making it home safely!! It was great seeing/meeting all of you!! Big Grin

I made it home safely, as well BUT my sewing tote didn't....my plane was soooo small that I had to check it at the gate & when I landed I got it back found that they broke the handle off!! {good thing my sewing machine wasn't in it...just fabric}...it was tough getting {dragging} it to pick up my checked bag but I finally made it! I then went to baggage claim and was told they don't cover handle breakage. Emailed Delta so we will see if they do anything. Not very happy to think I have to buy another tote for my sewing machine!

https://www.etsy.com/people/sewlove2quilt2

Take time for kindness & for giving. Take time for friends & happy living!

Posts: 6778 | Registered: Feb 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
AuntJo and I had a smooth easy trip home. It was great fun seeing everyone. Classes were fun and informative.

Posts: 3280 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
Needle and I are in ATL. She will fly out tomorrow!!!! We got to my house around 6:30 this evening! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jayardi
posted Hide Post
● ● ● I made it home (finally - what a long drive). Unloaded the car and just finished checking e-mails. Now I have a ton of bookwork before bed. I'll have to catch up with everyone tomorrow.

McP, we forgot to do something. Eek I tried calling, but there was no answer. Will try again tomorrow after work.

Happy Birthday GA Quilter ! ! ! !

Life without quilting is not an option! • • • • • MY Photos • • • • • • ENJOY!

Have you met my Circle of Friends? • • • • • • • PJ Party Tutorials

• • • Please! Support OUR Troops: Gratitude Campaign • • •

Posts: 9611 | Location: SE Wisconsin | Registered: Aug 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Theresa-thanks for the ride! Have a happy Birthday month! Glad to hear you and Carol got back to Atlanta at a reasonable time.
Carol- thanks for the needleturn tips!
keep on "Rollin, rollin, rollin"

Posts: 3280 | Location: NY | Registered: Aug 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
I made it home about 11:30 last night after only a 90 minute delay which I think is a record for JFK. Slept till 1pm this afternoon - made up for not being able to sleep well in hotels. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. Thanks to Alliquilts and PatricaAnne for driving on the scavenger hunt (hope I spelled those names right) and thanks to you LisaP8 for being my roomie.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motqltr
posted Hide Post
2:30 AM my time; I am home. I made up for the delays headielamar didn't have. Was supposed to leave Harrisburg at 2:30 pm; left after 4 pm. Don't even ask about Newark. Then to Seattle, I made to gate "N", to find out it was changed "two hours" ago, to Gate "C", back on the train to the other end of the airport. Then no pilot, then another delay, then FOD on runway. 30 min late to Spokane. The best part: My luggage arrived. Yeah!!

http://flickr.com/photos/motqltr
~Don't assume people have a plan; they might be waiting for you to tell them the plan!~

Posts: 3530 | Location: southeast, Washington, USA | Registered: May 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
So glad you got home safe and sound, roomie! Big Grin It was great rooming with you!

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone, I finally made it back home! 13 hours of travel, delays, changes, etc. Glad to be home.

It was wonderful to meet all of you and to now have faces to go with the board names. Time to get some rest. Will see you on the board soon.

Hugs, Fleur

Posts: 630 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Hi Fleur, glad you made it home ok.

Picture of chanlady22
posted Hide Post
Home again, home again, riggety jig. We had a good trip back and had a great road trip.

Thank you for all the gifts, trinkets, etc that were shared at COF. The retreat is always a fun time and this one certainly was that. Thanks to all of you for making it be fun.

Happy Stitching...Lois

Posts: 2183 | Location: Chanhassen, MN | Registered: Aug 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
I made it home on time yesterday. The bus ride home was definately better than the one going out. No delays and I found my luggage!!! Thanks to all of you who provided supplies, clothing and offered trips to the store. The retreat was amazing! Thank you to the organizers who put in so much time. Thank you to all who taught classes - I loved all of mine. Thank you to all who gave little gifties - they are a wonderful rememberance! It was so nice to meet everyone!!!

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KBlue so glad your trip home was better. Where did you end up finding your luggage? I've been checking the board everyday to see if you made it back safely. That's a long trip across country. Take care. I echo your sentiments on the retreat - it was wonderful.

Posts: 35 | Registered: Oct 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KBlue
posted Hide Post
Chesapeake Jane - my luggage was in Pittsburg. That's where I thought it was but hadn't been able to reach them and the Harrisburg office said I would have to wait until I got to Portland to file a baggage claim. When I got to Pittsburg I asked if they had it. The gal said - our policy is to always ship luggage onto where ever its destination tag says, so we would not have it. I said, "can we please look" she said "well I suppose we can look, that way you will know 100% that it is not here" What do you think the first thing I saw when I walked into their baggage area. She says "well what do you know, the tag must have fallen off" I then told her I had been trying to reach their office for the last 4 days but no one ever answers. She said "well you have to hit 5 once you ring in" When I told her that no where on the phone tree does it say to hit 5 her reply was that Harrisburg should have told me that when they gave me the phone number... And, yes I will be writing a letter to the company!

Posts: 722 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Aug 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of headielamar
posted Hide Post
KBlue - I am so glad you made it home and found your luggage!! At least it isn't lost forever. It was good to see you again.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Cuddled up in my pretty purple house! | Registered: Jul 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AuntJo
posted Hide Post
KBlue so happy you finally got your luggage.

A special thank you to Theresa for driving while we were on scavenger hunt. Hope you had a fantastic birthday !

Made it home in good time the traffic was much less coming home. Dropped missmommy off in Middletown her husband standing by.

I had a fantastic time seeing old and meeting new friends!!

~Jo~

Posts: 4293 | Location: N.Y., USA | Registered: May 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ride Jo.

Picture of quiltedmagnolia
posted Hide Post
Mother and I stopped in MD to visit my sons on Monday. We were in Springfield, VA on Tuesday, visiting Mother's 90 year old brother and his family. Wednesday, we visited my cousin's widow, in Hopewell, VA, then drove to Mother's home in Charlotte, NC. Within 15 minutes of our arrival, Mother looked terrible and complained of indigestion. My brother gave her some antacids, and within another 15 minutes, it had changed to pains in her chest.

We took her to the emergency room, and she was kept overnight. Her cardiologist will perform a stress test in his office in mid-July.

She is home now, and I just returned to my home this evening. My brother and his wife are watching her closely, as she is still weak, shaky, and has some confusion in speaking.

The doctor believes that she is simply exhausted from our journey. I hope, and believe that he is correct. We were constantly on the go, and she had no naps (she didn't want to miss anything!) There was quite a bit of excitement and driving. She will be 89 on July 28th Smile

Prayers for her health will be appreciated!

Pat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: quiltedmagnolia,

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AngelaC
posted Hide Post
Pat, T&Ps for your Mother. I can only imagine how exhausting the trip was for her...it took me a few days to recover myself! Smile I'll be keeping good thoughts that she does well while waiting for the stress test & that when she has it, that it goes well.

Posts: 4568 | Registered: Apr 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
Pat - tell Mildred we'll be praying for her recuperation and hoping that nothing serious will come of her trip.

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 4902 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Saying a huge prayer for our lovely Mildred. Please give her my love!

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25637 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
Mildred - my thoughts and prayers are with you - feel better quickly. You are such a sweet and thoughtful person. I so enjoyed seeing you at retreat.

Hug to you.

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Charmingsister
posted Hide Post
Positive thoughts and prayers along with lots of hugs for our Ms. Mildred. I look forward to hearing she's doing better.

Posts: 2564 | Location: now in the sunshine | Registered: Oct 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
Wowee I was impressed with how well she was doing..she and my mom are about 9 mos apart with your mom being the elder. Today my mom is at a conference in a college arena and I am wondering how she is going to do..it's more walking that she normally does and a VERY long day. Best wishes that this was a one time occurence!

Posts: 9455 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Update on Mother. She is back in the hospital, and tests are being run to see if she had a stroke. The CAT scan came back clean. She is scheduled for an MRI sometime tomorrow.

I know she appreciates all of the love and prayers from all of you. I'm sure she would love to hear from you. Thanks so much!!

Posts: 429 | Location: Paradise | Registered: Apr 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Mildred.

Picture of Auntie Reba
posted Hide Post
I still have her addy from before and now this Retreat also so will send out a card. Speedy recovery to her!

Posts: 9455 | Location: Always Moving A Bit | Registered: Jan 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Missmommy
posted Hide Post
AuntieReba- could you please give me Mildred's address? I can't seem to find my directories in all of this renovation clutter. Thanks.

Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
Keeping Mildred in my thoughts.. And Pat as well.

Lisa

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Mildred. Such a beautiful person.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of quiltslots
posted Hide Post
Pat, Please tell Mom that I am praying for her to have a good report and a speedy recovery.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! She had an MRI and a scan of her carotid artery this afternoon. She will find out the results tomorrow morning, so she will stay in the hospital tonight. Her color is better, and she sounded much better over the phone this evening, than she did this morning. My brother and SIL are with her as much as possible (she lives with them). She appreciates all of your love, prayers, and support! I'll keep you posted.

Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
Thank you for keeping us updated on Mildred. Pr@yers for you all, Pat.

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4557 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Florida Farm Girl
posted Hide Post
Sure hope Mildred is feeling better real soon, and that nothing serious is wrong. Hugs to both of you.

www.floridafarmgirlsworld.blogspot.com

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Posts: 6192 | Location: Northwest Florida | Registered: Dec 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Oh my Pat! I hope Ms Mildred does well and recovers fast. I'm sending up T's & P's.

I hated to miss retreat. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I know that exhilarating feeling and then the exhaustion that follows. Everyone get some rest!!

Hugs,

Pam

Posts: 5691 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mother's MRI was fine. It showed evidence of some minor strokes in the past, which could explain the difference in the strength between her right and left hands. All of the test results were good.

I must have just run her too hard, with the retreat, followed by visiting family all down the east coast! We had a wonderful time, but next time, we'll take a nap each afternoon Smile

She is awaiting discharge from the hospital, and anxious to return home. Thanks everyone, for all of your love and support!!

Pat

Picture of mcpatches
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Ms. Mildred is feeling better and apparently it was just being tired. Hope she rests up and is back to normal soon!

Posts: 5662 | Location: Midwest | Registered: Jan 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I am so glad she is ok and homeward bound. My love and prayers that she stays that way!

Char

Posts: 704 | Location: upstate New York | Registered: Jun 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fishingwidow
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

I got home safe and sound on Thursday nite. Was tired for 3 days! That means it was a great event. Also tacked on some visiting with family, too.

Glad that Mildred is feeling better now. Sent some T&Ps for her and Pat. A Great Lady!!

It was a wonderful retreat! Nice to meet and make new friends and reconnect with old ones.

Am unpacked but have all my quilting stuff in one pile to go thru and put away. And a truly great selection of classes! Thanks to the committee, teachers and participants. All who contributed to the success of it all. And thank goodness that Olie and Lena were able to attend even though they got lost a few times!

Thanks again!!

Mary

Posts: 3928 | Location: On the north coast | Registered: Sep 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I just read this thread & glad everyone made it home from retreat. I'm glad to hear that Mildred is recovering & that the scare only seems to be that she was exhausted from the trip. I will surely keep her in my prayers for a speedy recovery back to good health.

Nicki

Posts: 7907 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
I am so thankful to hear the great news about Mildred. Please give her a big hug and tell her to rest.

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2297 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LisaP8
posted Hide Post
I am so glad for the good news!

Lisa Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of GAQuilter
posted Hide Post
So glad to hear Mildred is doing better! I was worried!

As soon as I got back I had my Uncle from Canada visiting he left today so I finally get to rest! Big Grin

Missmommy I had a great Birthday month. And on my Birthday Needle and I did something I wanted to do, she wanted to do it too, we drove part of the Blue Ridge parkway. The scenery was gorgeous and made for a fun relaxing birthday! Got home and my kids (GAquilter2 was the one that baked it) had me a cake! Big Grin

Group Hug

I can do what you can’t do, and you can do what I can’t do; together we can do great things.— Mother Teresa

http://picasaweb.google.com/GAquilter

Posts: 2605 | Location: GA | Registered: Jul 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craftylady1924
posted Hide Post
Hi ladies..I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers during my recent problems. I am so much better now, and I guess I just needed to rest..Thanks so much for the cards, especially the one from Auntie Reba with the material, and from Mary,fishing widow, who said that when she grows up, she wants to be like me...Thanks also for the good wishes on the Message Board..My love to all..Mildred

Posts: 19 | Registered: May 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakequilter
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad you messaged us. I am glad you are feeling better. Now take it a little easy for a while.
Char