Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  OT prayers needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT prayers needed Sign In/Join 
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted
Have been sick all week.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muggomuggo
posted Hide Post
That's no fun! I hope you feel better soon!

my philosophy: there are no real mistakes in quilting, just design opportunities!!

Posts: 4558 | Location: maybe Texas someday | Registered: Jul 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
It started Fri a week ago when I noticed a red spot on my forearm. Sat morning I had chills and the red spot looked kind of bad. I had chills until that night, then got hot, no energy at all. I took my temp and it was 100, which is high for me, my usual is about 94. My DH took me to our doctors office on Mon where we had to sit for an hour and 45 min waiting to see the doctor. She didn't know what it was but gave me a steroid shot and a prescription for a meth pak. By Fri the red spot with the white center looked better, but I still felt lousy. My DH took me to urgent care where they took me off that meth pak and gave me a couple of pills for the nausea, I was still running a fever of 100 and still had chills. I really hate to be a whiner, but I'm sick of being sick. I also don't like the doctor that looks at you as if your crazy when you tell them your normal temp is not like other normal people.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Georgia | Registered: Jul 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StarrySky
posted Hide Post
Have you been outside in grass or under trees? That spot & your symptoms sound like the aftermath of a tick bite!

Hope you feel better soon, but meanwhile, keep an eye on yourself & ask your doctor about the possibility of a tick-borne infection, if you think that could apply.

Posts: 5438 | Location: About 28,000 Light Years From Galactic Center | Registered: Jul 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kim - Strut526
posted Hide Post
Tick or spider? Sweetie, i feel for you.. P and Positive thoughts..and by the way, go see a different doctor. Maybe a dermatologist.

Posts: 11810 | Location: Taylor, Mi. | Registered: Sep 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toryam
posted Hide Post
I hope u r feeling better ASAP!

Posts: 3987 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Thanks ladies. The doctor ruled out a tick bite and I haven't been outside. They did think it possibly was a spider bite. I did go see a different doctor, but still no answers.

Picture of sewnso
posted Hide Post
What a bummer....Hope you feel well soon.

If life hands you scraps make quilts

Posts: 2931 | Location: Southern BC, Canada | Registered: Sep 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nlk
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry you are sick. It's even worse that you don't know what is causing it. I'm praying that it will go away as quickly as it came with no after effects. {{{HUGS}}}

Nicki

Posts: 7930 | Location: Texas / Zone 9 | Registered: Sep 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel well soon! Many different spiders have nasty bites!

Posts: 16532 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NICUnurse
posted Hide Post
Bless your heart!!! It does sound like a spider bite. Keep a close eye on it.

Hope you're back to your old self soon!!

PamSmile

Posts: 5700 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: Jan 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Marion2
posted Hide Post
Pray ing for you!

Posts: 5553 | Location: OK | Registered: Jun 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have pets that go outside? If so they could have carried a tick into the house. It sounds suspiciously like Lyme Disease, nothing to fool with. Have they tested you for that? DS and a few others I know have had Lyme and it is bad and you can have lifelong problems from it. Any chance at all, demand the test. Jackie

Posts: 848 | Location: SE MN | Registered: Feb 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wildcatmom
posted Hide Post
I does sound like a tick bite, and maybe other bugs give similar symptoms. At any rate, for me the not knowing would be almost as bad as the crummy way you feel.
Hope your persistence will help you find the best possible care.
Prayers.

~karen Wave

Posts: 3147 | Location: SE KS | Registered: Jul 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So hope you feel better soon. I am obviously not a doctor, but I thought the same as others - a spider bite. We have had incidents of brown recluse spider bites in our area. I have no idea what kinds of bugs/spiders are in your area. We are all sending good thoughts your way!
Susan

Posts: 706 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the continuing pr ayers. My DD wanted me to go to her primary care doctor, just a few short miles from my house. I called this morning and he's on a vacation cruise and the recommend an immediate care about 10 miles further away. I called there and they said they would do a blood work up, first one to tell me that. DD will take me. Even though I think I do feel some better, I haven't been eating and have now lost 10 lbs since this started. The 2 doctors I've seen told me there is no way this was a tick bite, but possibly a spider bite. We do have ticks and spiders of all kinds here and only one spider is too many for my liking.

Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
I'm just now reading this... hope you made a trip to Urgent Care! Sending pr@yers.

Posts: 3151 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
I did make a trip to another immediate care facility yesterday. Got a shot of antibiotics and prescription. They took blood and I should have results back in a day or two. Still feel pretty lousy, but hopefully the shot and pills will do some good.

Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon!
Can a blood test determine if it was a spider bite?

Posts: 3674 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bunnybcb
posted Hide Post
Well, after several calls to find out the results of the blood test, DH went by and picked up the report and talked with the nurse about the results. I registered low positive for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and would probably feel the effects for a few weeks. I am feeling better, but still can't manage to eat much. I do thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes, I feel like such a wimp, but I hate being sick (who doesn't).

Picture of EvelynB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

How frightening! Ticks can get into our houses and just walking across the grass makes me worry. My grandmother's dog was a tick magnet. But that's a serious disease. I hope they take it serious. Take care of yourself!

Posts: 7024 | Registered: Mar 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shogun
posted Hide Post
Take care of yourself!

Posts: 3674 | Location: Michigan | Registered: Jan 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KeepYouInStitches
posted Hide Post
That stuff is nasty! A friend in Colorado was visiting family in Oklahoma. After she got back home she got really REALLY sick. They family was even called in!! It took her a year before she felt somewhat human again.

YOU take care of yourself! If you start feeling just an inkling worse than you did an hour ago, you get back to the doctor!!!

Posts: 16532 | Location: Daingerfield, TX | Registered: Feb 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So hope that now that you have a diagnosis, you will be on your way to a full recovery! Please take care of yourself!
Susan

Posts: 706 | Location: West Central Ohio, USA | Registered: Dec 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jessicasews
posted Hide Post
How awful that you had to wait to get the results (Bless your hubby for getting the info for you).
I don't know a thing about the illness, so I went on to the Livestrong website to learn about it... It sounds horrible. Heal! Heal! Heal! If I was there, I'd make a Green Smoothie (or something like it) for you... gotta eat to keep up your strength.

Posts: 3151 | Registered: Jul 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post