Message Boards

Guidelines

• Please be sure posts are category appropriate.
  • No off-topic or off-color postings.
  • Postings may be deleted at the discretion of HGTV Moderators.
  • No advertising is allowed.
  • Be Nice. No name calling, personal attacks or flaming.
  • Certain words will trigger moderation of the post. These words mostly cover political and religious topics, which are OFF the topics covered by HGTV.
  • For general message board help, click the tab labeled "Tools," and choose "Help" from the dropdown menu.
Full Guidelines

HGTV.com
  HGTV Message Boards
Hop To Forum Categories   Crafts
Hop To Forums   Quilting & Needlework
  10,308 posts later, we say goodbye to SSBG 2013
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

10,308 posts later, we say goodbye to SSBG 2013 Sign In/Join 
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to all the Birthday Ladies.Ice Cream

Posts: 4426 | Registered: Sep 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nickilee:
Sorry to have missed your birthdays Califshrimp & Saved Sinner, hope you had a wonderful day! Saved... did you receive your package yet?

no

2014 ... I wish you good health, love, peace and QUILTING!

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
nope

Posts: 8005 | Location: digging my way out of that place I call my sewing room | Registered: Apr 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Saved - hang in there girlfriend - I'm checking on it ...

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

www.CQnickilee.blogspot.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/crazyladie/sets/
www.RavioleeDreams.Etsy.com - LOTS OF PRETTIES - 4/2014

Posts: 10255 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Saved..... Just heard from your SSBG - she's been sleeping all this time and apologizes - now that she is awake your package is on the way so be looking out for it! Hey, when it gets cold like it's been up this way I love to crawl under my blankie and not come out! LOL!

"She said she usually cried at least one each day, not because she was sad, but because the world was so beautiful & life was so short"

Posts: 10255 | Location: In the Crazy land of Crazy Quilting, MA | Registered: Dec 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb51
posted Hide Post
I received an Amazon.com gift card from my secret sister, tisme. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You could not have sent a better gift. I love it. Will let you know what I choose later. What a great sister you are!

Deb

Posts: 1443 | Location: Beautiful East TN | Registered: Oct 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tisme
posted Hide Post
I thought you would have fun with it, and get what you really want. ENJOY!!
And Happy Birthday

Posts: 4627 | Location: It is truly summer!! | Registered: Dec 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
I received the most AWESOME birthday box from CKSVETT ... Chris, THANK YOU for ALL THE BEAUTIES, and I will post pics later ... I've been dealing with my daughter in the hospital for the last 11 days, and I don't have a brain enough, but wanted to say THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! <3

Picture of cksvett
posted Hide Post
Post when you can. Checked and saw that it was delivered and knew with all that was going on in your life you would post when you could. Hope it was a ray of sunshine in the midst of everything... Chris

Posts: 6053 | Location: Tampa Bay | Registered: Jan 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to our October Babies!

October B'Days:

10/6 - Fleur55
10/20- JLu

Fluer - I have something for you and plan on hand delivering it to you when I see you this month! Am leaving here on the 16th for CA 2.5 weeks and can't wait to get together!Big GrinBig Grin

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday, October ladies!

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Nickilee - me too! I am looking forward to your visit! See you soon.

Hugs

Posts: 715 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thank you everyone

J Lu

Posts: 1008 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
I had a lovely birthday brunch with my family yesterday and the celebration continued today when I went to get the mail. I received a box filled with wonderful surprises from Ely Smile A beautiful handmade crazyquilt pillow, Victorian lamp pin cushion, bookmark, note cards, notepad, lace angel ornament, small brooch pin cushion and a hand decorated lace card. WOW!

Thank you so much Ely for the beautiful gifts.

Hugs,
Fleur

Posts: 715 | Location: Inland Empire, CA | Registered: May 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday, Fleur55! I love the victorian lamp pin cushion.

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3146 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
That is so nice. I see us Libra's are on the same page as far as likes.

J Lu

Posts: 1008 | Location: Eldersburg Maryland | Registered: Oct 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SavedSinnr
posted Hide Post
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FLEUR !!! Hope you had a WONDERFUL day and celebration Big Grin

Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Fluer.... Ely wanted me to come on and wish you a happy birthday. Her internet was out a lot today. She hopes to be back online tomorrow.

happy birthday from me as well. Smile

www.pigtalesandquilts.com
www.crazyquiltingsupplies.com

Crazy Quilting is addictive so we just have to STITCH IT OUT LOUD!

Posts: 25814 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ELY/SYSSY
posted Hide Post
HI LADIS
FLUER I AM SO HAPPY YOU LIKE WHAT I MAKE FOR YOU
AND THAT YOU HAVE A BEUTIFUL BIRTHDAY WITH FAMILY THE BEST WISHES FROM YOUR SS

LOVE ELY

Posts: 1778 | Location: Puerto Rico | Registered: Dec 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday J Lu!!! I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Fleur

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thank you Fleur for remembering its been a great day.

J Lu

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
J Lu, I just talked with Nickilee and she wanted me to wish you a Happy Birthday! She is out here in California and does not have access to a computer today.

I'm glad your having a great day Smile

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thank you Nicki

J Lu

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Hi Ju LU! Got to a computer this evening - hope you had a nice B'Day. Your SSBG said to tell you your package is on the way.

Loving CA and having a great time with the grand babes... and had a very nice lunch with Fluer55 and City Sandie - Date night tomorrow night with my son - can't wait!

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
That so nice Nickilee, I know it just makes you happy to see their faces. Have a great visit. My Birthday was nice my youngest son and his family came up to spend the day and watch the game. My 3 year old grandson had me playing cars for 5 hours outside. I felt like he needed to see me it's been awhile. It's always a great day when I have my kids. Leaving tomorrow for my guilds retreat. Husband gave me lots of monies to spend.

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Thank you Sue B. for being my secret sister this year. I received my gifts today when I got home from my guild retreat. It was so overwhelming to see you went all out for me. I will post pictures as soon as I can.

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
This is the gifts unwrapped

J Lu

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
This is my gifts. Thank You Sue B.

J Lu

Picture of Happy Erme
posted Hide Post
Happy belated Birthday, J LU

Erma

Smile Craft Happens! Smile

Posts: 3146 | Location: TX | Registered: Mar 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Lots of pretties to help celebrate your Birthday!

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Fluer and JLu - nice gifts!!!

I just got home from California late last night and wanted to come on and thank Fluer55 & City Sandie for driving out to visit me - we had a nice lunch and lucky me - I got to see Fluer's beautiful gifts from Ely in person. Ely you did a fabulous job putting them all together.

Another wonderful day was spent with DecPainter. She came out and spent the night with me at the hotel - had a nice lunch and a lot of laughs.

My visit with my grand babies was the best ever - they are getting so big and had me laughing every minute - what a joy to be able to spend so much time with them.

Ladies, I'm not sure if you all saw my post a few weeks ago (separate one) but a reminder.... After 4 years of hosting the SSBG, I am stepping aside. Due to a lot of personal projects and things going in my life. I do not have the time to properly devote to this swap. If anyone would like to take over please feel free.

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Happy Halloween ladies!

We have a few birthdays coming up in November so be sure to get your SSBG presents ready for the mail and please remember to put confirmaiton on the packages. Happy Birthday to the birthday girls!

November B'Days:
11/7 - PurpleButterfly
11/12- LadyJ66
11/13- Crazybout'Quilts
11/21- Quiltaholic

As mentioned before, I will not be hosting the SSBG for next year. It has been fun but it's now time for someone else to take over. If you are interested in taking over, please jump in for 2014.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nickilee,

Picture of wiley
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday to all the November Ladies!

Picture of MountainLaurel
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday November birthday ladies!

Carolyn

http://harrisburgcof2013.shutterfly.com/pictures

Our lives are like quilts - bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Posts: 2312 | Location: somewhere in my fabric stash | Registered: Jan 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
As mentioned before, I will not be hosting the SSBG for next year. It has been fun but it's now time for someone else to take over. DJillM has agreed to take it over so if you are interested in signing up again for 2014, please do so as Sign Ups end tomorrow, November 1st.

Isn't that the Stocking Swap that Jill is hosting?

Posts: 25814 | Location: USA | Registered: Oct 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Q - changed.... must have been half asleep when I wrote that Big Grin

Picture of Fleur55
posted Hide Post
Birthday Wishes to the November babies!

Hugs,
Dianne

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday (11/7) to Purple Butterfly! A little birdie told me that your present is on the way so hang tight! Enjoy your day! Big Grin

Picture of Kentucky_Sunshine
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday November ladies, may you all have enjoyable days and many more to come!

Hugs

" Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.. "

Posts: 7035 | Location: "Across the ocean blue amongst the wildflower's & honeydews" | Registered: Aug 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quiltaholic
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday karen.

I have been lax in wishing everyone a Happy Birthday..and keeping up with the thread to see what you all got each time. I hope this was a great year for everyone.

Picture of J Lu
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday November.

J Lu

Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday all November babies.

Posts: 1447 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of timecard24
posted Hide Post
Nicki, here is my tracking # 9114901159818173653530.

Posts: 1447 | Location: East Weymouth, MA | Registered: Apr 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Purple Butterfly
posted Hide Post
Hi Ladies,

Happy Birthday to my fellow Novemberites.

I have not been on this website much at all this year. I apologize for not participating. This is why I didn't sign up for next year. My health has been up and down. Over the summer just as I thought I was improving I went really downhill. I have been far worse than I have been in years. I am slowly improving. Doing little bits of handwork and sewing as I am able.

Karen

Butterflies float around my hillside

Posts: 2771 | Location: With the butterflies on my hill | Registered: Oct 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crazy'boutquilts
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday fellow November birthday girls! Smile

The mailman just delivered a box that says 'do not open until your birthday on it'~ that is torture!! Eek One of the edges is completely split open, so I hope it didn't have anything small in it. I tried to peek in, but DH was too fast and took it away. Big Grin LOL

Posts: 10488 | Location: Washington! :-) | Registered: Sep 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Secret Sister is Nicki
Nicki is one of the people I usually hope will be my swapper, SS or ...
My present arrived on Friday. The pictures got uploaded Saturday and then I was exhausted and didn't post. It is still Sunday evening for me on the West Coast.

I will start with the absolutely gorgeous dyed laces that are part of my gift.

Posts: 2771 | Location: With the butterflies on my hill | Registered: Oct 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next is the pieced crazy quilt block she made for me. There is also a lace butterfly that didn't make it in the lace picture. I laid it on the block. This will be fun to embellish. When done it will hang in my sewing studio.

posted Hide Post
Last but certainly not least is an assortment of items.
1. There is a CQ circle that is all embellished. I am not sure yet how I will use it but it will be used.
2. A package of rice pearl beads. I am not sure that is the right name.
3.A Dress form decorated with music paper. A ribbon is wrapped around the waist.
4.A package with rose beads, trim and things.
5. A package of Krenik silk mori floss. I haven't used this brand before, I look forward to using it.
6. center bottom with the woman on it. Is my "birthday card". It is like an artist's business card but a little bigger.
7.A pretty note pad. The cover is a peacock. I have looked at these at my local fabric shop but would never buy one for myself.

Nicki thank you ever so much for my wonderful gift. I will enjoy using all of it.

Karen

Picture of Nickilee
posted Hide Post
Sweet Karen, I'm so happy you like your gifts. I was thinking of the 2 of us and our love for CQ and stitching when I put the "friendship" package together - your favorite color Purple and mine -Aqua blue. I hope your prezzies helped make you feel better and that your will enjoy creating another one of your beauties. BTW - the beads are called "rice beads" and lend to making some pretty designs when used. Big big hugs my friend.

Picture of Gonesewin
posted Hide Post
what a nice gift to receive! Happy birthday Big Grin

“May God give you...For every storm a rainbow, for every tear a smile, for every care a promise and a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, for every sigh a sweet song and an answer for each prayer.”

http://www.qovf.org/index.html

Posts: 5056 | Location: Loriland | Registered: Feb 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post